Guest viewing is limited

2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!



[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 April 17 artemis100
04 April 17 katy.5555, LRKO, pegwen, sport19, katy.5555
06 April 17 HSparks, FrankR, daydreamer
07 April 17 amydmvp (bilateral), flygirl17
17 April 17 newlybionic (her third)
18 April 17 XCSkier, Redsdad (bilateral), Copper221
19 April 17 mechellec, Jennszoo
27 April 17 microwv
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@pegwen, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thanks all, grateful for sharing and support. I've been riding my stationary bike at least 20min daily, stretching and eating healthy to prepare for surgery my on 4/4/17. My least favorite part is pain meds, and last time (I had right knee replaced) I waited too long between doses when I first got home, thinking I was fine and then the pain hit. Won't do that again, will take meds as prescribed for first week then start weaning. Best advice I got from this site was - rest, be patient, rest, ice, elevate and rest. I watched a lot of great films, read, slept, did my exercises and played Facebook games. Then all of a sudden I was back on my bike. My goal this time is salsa dancing.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@sport19, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
FINALLY!!! My RTKR is scheduled for April 6th. I've been waiting since January.
My knee is bone on bone. It's swollen up quite a bit. I've been using a platform walker around the house so I don't have to put all my weight on my bad knee.
I have severe peripheral neuropathy and my doc says that since I basically have no feeling in any of my muscles the surgery will be complicated. Also I'm to expect a lengthy recovery.
He tells me that they will be using a hinge. Apparently there is a pin that eliminates side to side movement. I hope that muscle atrophy won't be a problem since my neuropathy has taken almost all of my muscle tone.
Has anyone on this forum had the same problem? I'd like to find out what kind of PT will get those muscles wake up.
Thanks in advance for any input.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
First of all I have no clue how to start a new thread ..but ty ! Need all the support I can get since I do not get it at home !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi ...I am new here I am not having a replacement yet I am actually getting my first scope ...of it's anything like my hip where they scoped twice and then finally replaced it will be a failed attempt and just more out of pocket ...but told my doc I know they have to do what they have to to please insurance companies...just like my hip ...but told him I refuse to be in as much pain like my hip for 3 years two surgeries and then Finally this past Dec 12th I finally received my new hip ...it's just the pain the depression I can deal with ...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

I will find out my surgery date April 4th ....my son and future daughter in law bought me round trip tickets to visit the 7-14...so it will def be after that


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@FrankR, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@FrankR, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

How do I start a "thread"?


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
April 4,2017 right tkr what will I need besides walker?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@katy.5555, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
April 4,2017
Total knee replacement right knee

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good Afternoon All. My surgery date for my full knee replacement is fast approaching. Surgery is April 6th if all goes as planned. I have waited a year for this surgery date.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@daydreamer, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting


For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hi. I'm new here and looking forward to the support group. Total left knee replacement 4/12, trying to prepare in all ways. Right one will be soon after.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I'm having TKR on April 18. Have had end stage patellofemoral knee arthritis for more than 10 years and just waiting to be old enough for the surgery or for something else to come along. It does not affect my walking on flat surfaces, but I can't hike, rise from a chair and lots of other things, so my world has become pretty small over these past few years. Think I've become like the frog in the boiling water pot though, adapting along the way. Looked into patellofemoral (partial) replacement and I think lots of times the outcome is better with TKA.



XCSkier I think that's what I have. I didn't get the term when the dr was telling me what my problems were, but that is my problem. I have front knee pain and swelling above the knee. I can walk fairy well but increasingly difficulties w steps, getting up from a seat, toilet, etc. dr said kneecaps were totally deteriorated and recommended replacements at my first visit. Said if I didn't have them done asap I would never have a good outcome. I'll be one week ahead of you- 4/12. Dr said this is a fairly uncommon condition that usually affects women, and usually tall women. I'm 5'9".


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

https://bonesmart.org/forum/index.php?posts/1003994/


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom