Guest viewing is limited

2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm scared to death, too. I'm doing one at a time, but still scared. We can do this!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!


[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 April 17 artemis100
04 April 17 katy.5555, LRKO
06 April 17 HSparks
07 April 17 amydmvp (bilateral), flygirl17
17 April 17 newlybionic (her third)
18 April 17 XCSkier, Redsdad (bilateral), Copper221
19 April 17 mechellec, Jennszoo
27 April 17 microwv
 
4 April 17 katy.5555 right TKR


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@katy.5555, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello Everyone! I am joining the April group with a right Total knee replacement on April 4th. My physician is wanting to perform the custom made knee, so I am awaiting the MRI for the planning portion. Very nervous and like so many, always wondering if it is the correct thing to do at this time but the only thing keeping me going are the cortisone-steroid injections and the Supartz injections. So when those wear off, I am always ready to get it done. So might as well jump in and do it! Good luck to you all and thank you for listening!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@LRKO, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

@flygirl17, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@flygirl17 You can start your own thread in the knee pre op area. As far as taking a trip it would depend upon many different aspects of the trip. Hoe are you getting there, what will you be doing while you are there and will you be able to have some time when you can ice and elevate your knee.
 
HI, while I'm recovering now from Partial on 2/7..... I just booked April 18th for the left knee... so I'm bouncing back and forth in the Recovery Forum and this forum. I was petrified and frantic for 2 months before the first one b/c I could NOT get answers and felt helpless, angry at the surgeon. Everything went fairly well, my adult son agreed to 'bird dog' for me and get more answers the day of surgery... Dr. wanted me to go outpatient and home the same day. I refused and stayed one night and thank goodness b/c there were nurses and aides at the JT replacement center who were wonderfully kind, attentive and gave me so much information about recovery. So I figured I'd just get this over with rather than have it hanging over my head. And the deductible for insurance rolling over the month after was definitely another deciding factor. One thing I found was meeting with my primary care who is wonderful empathic individual and letting that Dr. know how frightened I was and that I was counting on him to advocate if needed, to which the Dr. readily agreed. Knowing I had someone on the medical side who wasn't solely focused on 'the surgery procedure' made a big difference.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@Copper221, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Please let me know if your second replacement will be a partial or a total so I can add that info to your signature. Thanks!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello!
I'm scheduled for total knee replacement of my right knee on April 27th. I postponed the surgery as long as I could (6 years) and am totally looking forward to getting my life back. I have done a lot of research online and with people I know that have had it done. Everyone I've spoken to say it was well worth it and had no regrets. That was comforting to hear :).
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@microwv, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello, have a TKR on left knee scheduled for April 6th. Very nervous about this but ready to get my mobility back. I officially retired two weeks ago so will have plenty of time to recouperate
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?
@HSparks, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!


Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Bottoms hollow, can you edit my signature? My right is now scheduled for 6/28. Thanks!
 
Hi all, Im looking forward to and like many others scared to death of my bilateral total knee replacement. I have done as much study as i can. Ive viewed the whole thing on youtube, bought stuff for the bath room and wrap around ice packs. All thats left is to get thru the waiting and surgery and on to the recovery.

Ill post here as i go. Im expecting the recovery to be painful and aweful but im dedicated to getting thru it. Good luck to all my fellow Rainbows!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Got my date... April 18. Pre op class April 3. Bought ice packs, toilet riser & bath transfer bench. What else do I need?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom