BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community
  1. Your support makes a difference...BoneSmartie Member

Industry changes have drastically reduced orthopedic partner contributions, which for 13+ years supported the operation and development of BoneSmart.org.

Our patient-focused articles and world-class joint replacement community forum have helped millions of people. Your gift today provides the important funds necessary to keep this valuable resource online.

Donate Now
    Dismiss Notice

2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Discussion in 'Knee Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by bottomshollow, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

United States United States
    [​IMG]

Is April the month you plan to find the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow? Congratulations!!! And we invite you to join the BoneSmart group, April Rainbows. As a team, you will have people like yourself going through surgery at the same time to talk with. We find this works really well to deal with concerns and provide support to each other.

Let us know your surgery date and join the group!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

[​IMG]

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 April 17 artemis100
    07 April 17 amydmvp (bilateral)
    17 April 17 newlybionic (her third)
    18 April 17 XCSkier, Redsdad (bilateral)
    19 April 17 mechellec, Jennszoo

• Like Like x 1
  3. newlybionic

newlybionic Forum Advisor

Let me be the first. My right knee will be replaced April 17th. It is knee number 3 and hopefully the last too!

4. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

april 101.jpg @newlybionic, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

5. mechellec

mechellec Member

Hello! I'm new to this site and am nervously awaiting total knee replacement on my right knee on April 19th. I am only 50 but have been having right knee problems since after college. I danced for many years and played tennis and volleyball in high school which may have contributed. I have gone back and forth on if I should do this now or not but I have tried injections and am so tired of my knee always hurting. We have a three story house and my knee constantly goes out on me along with horrible pain almost every time I go down the stairs. It swells easily upon too much walking and I enjoy Jazzercise and Pilates which I can barely do anymore. Both of my parents have had great success with their knee replacements and they are still very active. I'm hoping I have the same luck after my surgery. I'm anxious to look around this site for advice and experience.

6. newlybionic

Welcome to Bonesmart. I am having a right TKR done on April 17th. I only wish that I had my TKR at 50 but the OS I was going to told I had to wait until I was sixty. We can recover together. Feel free to start a thread in the knee pre op section. You can ask anything there that you might think of as we wait for our new bionic knees!

7. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

april 9.jpg @mechellec, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

8. artemis100

artemis100 New Member

Hi. I'm new to this site. I have been given a date for a TKR surgery on April 3. I have been working towards this for almost 4 years but now I'm terrified. I'm 55 and I've been bone on bone for these few years. I gained about 50 lbs during this time up to 300! I'm 6' tall and worked hard last 6 months and lost 30 lbs. Close to a 31 BMI now. What is really scary for me is I am in a big HMO and all the surgeons do a variety of orthopedics. I don't really even know anything about my surgeon! My family is also unsupportive in general. Oh help! My life is on hold.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  9. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

april 53.jpg @artemis100, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

10. newlybionic

Hi @artemis100 Im having a TKR on April 17th. We are here to help give you information and support.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. XCSkier

XCSkier New Member

Hello! I'm having TKR on April 18. Have had end stage patellofemoral knee arthritis for more than 10 years and just waiting to be old enough for the surgery or for something else to come along. It does not affect my walking on flat surfaces, but I can't hike, rise from a chair and lots of other things, so my world has become pretty small over these past few years. Think I've become like the frog in the boiling water pot though, adapting along the way. Looked into patellofemoral (partial) replacement and I think lots of times the outcome is better with TKA.

12. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

april 108.jpg @XCSkier, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

13. Redsdad

Redsdad Junior Member

Im back. BTKR scheduled for April 18

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

14. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

rainbow 1.jpg @Redsdad, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

15. amydmvp

amydmvp New Member

Hello! I am going to have both knees replaced on April 7th. I am 54 years old, a high school physical education teacher, frustrated with the limitations and discomfort caused by my advanced osteoarthritis. I watched both of my parents wait way too long to have this done, mother in her 80's, father at 90. Father had both knees done simultaneously and did great, amazingly, although he had to search around for a surgeon willing to do it. So, he is my inspiration, now 95 and still working everyday. I am getting very nervous about it but dealing with it by preparing, staying fit and educating myself about the process as much as possible.

16. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

april 101.jpg @amydmvp, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

17. Jennszoo

Jennszoo Graduate

Hi all! I'm on the books officially for 4/19 and scared to death!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  18. maryfrey12

maryfrey12 New Member

Hi ...I am new here I am not having a replacement yet I am actually getting my first scope ...of it's anything like my hip where they scoped twice and then finally replaced it will be a failed attempt and just more out of pocket ...but told my doc I know they have to do what they have to to please insurance companies...just like my hip ...but told him I refuse to be in as much pain like my hip for 3 years two surgeries and then Finally this past Dec 12th I finally received my new hip ...it's just the pain the depression I can deal with ...

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

19. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Moderator

april 20.jpg @Jennszoo, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

20. Redsdad

Redsdad Junior Member

Hi all, Im looking forward to and like many others scared to death of my bilateral total knee replacement. I have done as much study as i can. Ive viewed the whole thing on youtube, bought stuff for the bath room and wrap around ice packs. All thats left is to get thru the waiting and surgery and on to the recovery.

Ill post here as i go. Im expecting the recovery to be painful and aweful but im dedicated to getting thru it. Good luck to all my fellow Rainbows!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.