2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all April Rainbows!

rainbow-3-jpg.29921

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

03 April 17 artemis100
04 April 17 katy.5555, LRKO, pegwen, sport19, katy.5555, TaraSVA, Troid1997
06 April 17 HSparks, FrankR, daydreamer
07 April 17 amydmvp (bilateral), flygirl17
12 April 17 ohiolady
17 April 17 newlybionic (her third)
18 April 17 XCSkier, Redsdad (bilateral), Copper221
19 April 17 mechellec, Jennszoo
24 April 17 flying nun (PKR to TKR)
25 April 17 soos53
27 April 17 microwv
28 April 17 clauds52 (bilateral)

april 24.jpg
@ohiolady, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

april 74.jpg
@clauds52 , you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting

For additional help, look in the white heading under the blue, click on Help & Info, then click on How to Use This Forum. Lots of info there to help you navigate the forum.
With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

I am new to Bonesmart. I hope that I am doing this correctly. I will be having my first total knee replacement surgery done on my left knee on Tues, April 4th.

I am new to Bonesmart. I hope that I am doing this correctly. I will be having my first total knee replacement surgery done on my left knee on Tues, April 4th.
Welcome! This is a great page full of lots of folks who are about to or who have already been there. Ask any question and Im sure the folks on here will be responsive.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Can someone help me out, I have an operation on my left knee on Tuesday, I scraped my left shin on a thorn bush. Will this prevent my surgery from going ahead ???? Help

Hey guys, I have an operation on Tuesday. I scratched my shin today on a thorn bush will this affect my operation happening??

Helpp

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Clean it off well. I would just give a call to the OS office tomorrow. Is it on the same leg?

I'm having TKR of the left knee April 25th and the more I learn, the more anxious I become. My husband passed away last May, so it's just me and I'm in that transition phase, especially with friends, if you've been there, you get it. I have 9 dogs (8 border collies and a mini dachshund) ranging in age from 12 years to 2 puppies at 12 weeks. The good part is, they don't have to be walked. I know I will figure it out, but I'm trying to plan and figure out how I'm going to deal with everything on my own. Should I got to the gym and strengthen that knee now, or just go as is? Any suggestions will be appreciated. (I like playing with the colors!)

april 64.jpg
@TaraSVA, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

april 63.jpg
@Troid1997, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. Here's a link to tell you how:Starting a new thread and posting With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

april 100.jpg
@soos53, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

april 121.jpg
@flying nun, you have been officially added to the April surgery list! You are now officially an April Rainbow!

I'm having TKR of the left knee April 25th and the more I learn, the more anxious I become. My husband passed away last May, so it's just me and I'm in that transition phase, especially with friends, if you've been there, you get it. I have 9 dogs (8 border collies and a mini dachshund) ranging in age from 12 years to 2 puppies at 12 weeks. The good part is, they don't have to be walked. I know I will figure it out, but I'm trying to plan and figure out how I'm going to deal with everything on my own. Should I got to the gym and strengthen that knee now, or just go as is? Any suggestions will be appreciated. (I like playing with the colors!)

Hi @soos53,
Mt surgeon recommended "pre-hab" so I have been going to 1 PT appt a week for 4 weeks now 7 then do exercises every day at home, it really helps to make both knees stronger for recovery & rehab. So sorry about the loss of your husband. My TKR is the day before yours. I really am a nun and will be praying for you, for lots of grace and for all the help you need with your dogs and everything else. Please make your needs known so you get the help & support you need, you are not alone!

@flying nun, FYI: It is not necessary to use the "Quote This Message" to reply to a post. This feature should be used only when there is a post or several posts on another topic between your post and the post you want to respond to.

To reply to a post, just scroll down and put your cursor in the dialogue box and start typing.

You can quote a sentence or a section of a post by simply highlighting it and clicking on the "Quote Me" oblong that appears in gray at the end of the highlighted selection. This is frequently a better choice than quoting a whole post.

Please do not be upset by this bit of info---many new members have this very same problem---so you're in very good company---and we're not mad at you---just trying to keep the forum neat and tidy.

Thank you, that's very kind. Making my needs known is the hard part, I'm used to taking charge and h"handling things," but I am trying, jus by being here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks