2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@heathme1, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Hello! I'm Suz and I'm scheduled for Right TKR on May 2nd. I've come here because I'm extremely concerned having never had a joint replaced and I'm hoping to learn from you how to best handle it. Thanking you in advance for your support!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 May 16 CaliGirl, Suz
04 May 16 luv2sew
11 May 16 Dawni (her second)
17 May 16 tjcteacher (bilateral), lovetocookandsew (washout & new spacer)
19 May 16 heathme1 (bilateral)
23 May 16 May 23
24 May 16 luv2ash
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@Suz, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
@Suz Welcome to forum, and the May Marvels. :welome:

You and I are scheduled for the same day, and we make a matched set. I'm having my left knee done, and you're having your right. Good luck to you.

This forum is an AMAZING resource, and the people are wonderfully supportive. :flwrysmile:
 
Thank You CaliGirl- I am so excited to find this forum and am looking forward to getting to know everyone here! Especially my new 'matched-set' partner who will be getting a brand new knee the same day as me-!! We can do this-!!

:cheers:
 
Hi. This may be the same thing as a washout and spacer exchange, or it may be different, but after speaking to my OS today, he's actually doing a synovectomy, antibiotic washout and spacer exchange.The date is still the same.
 
Hi am going for my pre-med appointment tomorrow, I know it's my second TKR but I still feel a bit nervous,
 
May 4 - total knee replacement -- right knee -- first time
All "veterans" or those who know folks who've had replacement say it's totally worth it...
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
@luv2sew, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Saw doc yesterday. He is looking at May 24th (needed to get thru school year and my son's HS grad on the 20th). Right knee TKR. Will get confirmation of date Monday afternoon when surgical coordinator calls me. Doc wants me to have most of summer to recover before returning to teaching in the fall.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
Things I have just bought the stool is for the shower and is adjustable £20.the leg sleeve is called a "Limbo"£18. both from Amazon, the Limbo enables you to have a shower or bath while you still have stitches or staples, hope this helps others xx
 
@Dawni -- That's thinking ahead! Is it the voice of experience?

Spoke with Pre-Op nurse interviewer this morning. Have my TKR class and pre-op appointment on April 25 in the morning.
 
@luv2sew yes it is you learn as you go, with out the limbo you can't shower or bath and the stool let's you shower with out getting too tired washing your hair tends to knock it out of you, both items are a must. Good luck with your pre-op x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@luv2sew I like your picture of the collie we have 4 collies x

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
@Dawni, thanks for the ideas. I had thought about a transfer bench (and special shower curtain) since I have a tub, and I'm nervous about being able to step over the rim of the tub safely, and of course something to sit on in the shower. I hadn't thought about cast covers, though. Brilliant! Just added one to my amazon cart.
 
@CaliGirl when I had my right knee done 4 years ago I had a bath and bought a bench that went over the bath very good I also bought one of those toilet steps kids use to step up on to the toiled to step down from the bath very good. X

LTKR 11 May 2016
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom