@CaliGirl these were on Amazon the double step is called Tippitoes Double step stool £12.99 and the other is a Tippitoes step up stool £6.49 or what about using a caravan step, sorry can't convert in to $ but you should be Abel to see it on Amazon xx
@Dawni I don't need a step. I'm just concerned about bending my knee enough, or lifting my leg over the rim of the bath, and losing my balance - especially in the early days. I figure if I have a transfer bench, I can sit down, then scootch my but across. That way I'm sitting down when I lift my leg over the rim of the tub, so no risk of falling. This picture is not actually the one I'm looking at buying, but it shows it in a bathtub, so you can see what I'm talking about. They also make special shower curtains for these things that are slotted, so you can tuck it in the slot near the edge of the shower bench, and the water doesn't go all over the floor.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are. Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!
Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting
02 May 16 CaliGirl, Suz, Sassagirl
04 May 16 luv2sew
09 May 16 BullyMom (her first)
11 May 16 Dawni (her second)
17 May 16 tjcteacher (bilateral), lovetocookandsew (washout & new spacer)
18 May 16 tlmeyn
19 May 16 heathme1 (bilateral)
23 May 16 May 23
24 May 16 luv2ash, Kazilla
@Kazilla, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!
Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
@Sassagirl, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!
Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
@BullyMom, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!
Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
@tlmeyn, you have been officially added to the May surgery list! You are now a May Marvel!
Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.
We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
Well, CaliGirl & Sassagirl, we are officially 2wks out from our surgeries today. Gulp! I'm staying very busy trying not to think too hard on it. It's one thing thinking about what we're about to embark.. then you have your family & in my case, a farm to also prepare for our down time! I am going to spend more time reading hopefully positive stories here and at MyKneeGuide.com. I learned of that site from this one and I love the post-op stories. I read one this morning entitled, Rapid Recovery that has given me a renewed sense of 'I can do this'! Check it out when you have time. We just have to keep our thoughts on the wonderful pain-free mobility we will have hopefully before summer is out! Thoughts are with all of you who have recently had your TNR and those who are about to get theirs. WE'VE GOT THIS!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.