2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about Enbrel, but I would suggest talking with your rheumy. Mine told me that untreated psoriatic arthritis is very likely to cause severe joint damage. It's frustrating to know that I have a disorder that is treatable but not curable at this time, that I will be fighting the rest of my life, but having some weapons in my arsenal to fight it help a lot.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 16 Reanna27, maseko, LindaW
02 August 16 April Hill (her first)
03 August 16 JustmeT (patellar resurfacing), Baboo65
05 August 16 Aunty T
08 August 16 Doggiemom
11 August 16 thecoll (her first), Annie11 (her second)
15 August 16 FlaGranny, zammie24
17 August 16 dianehelen, Sipzener
23 August 16 jvbs
24 August 16 karena71, Deeann (her second)
25 August 16 pizzadog
30 August 16 greatlakes
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@Baboo65, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Countdown is coming faster and faster. Only 2 days to go. My surgery is Aug 1 and I'm more at peace with my surgery. My knee has been bringing more pain with every passing day even at night. I want to think I have a high tolerance for pain but we will see. My knee is collapsing so I will welcome my implant.
 
knee has been bringing more pain with every passing

Boy can I relate. I am 18 days out, and lately my knee pain wakes me up at 5am every morning. Why does it hurt from sleeping ughhhh.

I can't really say I'm at peace for surgery, but I'm sure not at peace living with this pain.

@LindaW hope you are as prepared as possible and your surgery and recovery go well

All the best to you. Can't wait to see you on the other side
 
Time is starting to fly by now. I don't know about the rest of you but I've been extremely busy and at this point it feels very hard to get everything done in time. Still have to put my pillows together, make sure I have food that's easily prepared. I've had new windows installed and I'm putting heat reflection film on them. Also, I want the house spotless beforehand. Then, get a haircut, so I don't have to worry too much about hair. :wink: 16 days to go for me.

It's funny, but when you get older, you start to wonder how you ever had time to do the things you did when you were working full time.
 
I live such a busy life with still working fulltime, raising my children, running my home and enjoying our grandchildren. I cannot do anything like taking a walk or go to the grocery or even mop my floors. I only have so much walk in this leg and then it hurts so bad and feels so frazzled so I then have to sit with my leg propped up at the end of the day. This is no life. I feel like a cripple.

I am compromised because I have no choice but to have the implant. I look forward to getting my life back. That is what is helping me be at peace. Hubby and I enjoy taking quick trips and love being able to explore that area. I look forward to get back on my feet. I hope social services can allow me a physical therapist for a couple of weeks at least until I can drive.

Right now I dread the actual surgery and will be relieved to wake up. Anyone else feel this way??
 
read the actual surgery and will be relieved to wake up. Anyone else feel this way??
EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE SURGERY!

Being put to sleep, just always terrfies me. I have had 6 major general anesthesia surgeries since 2012 and each time I feel that terror. But each time, I woke up, and lived thru the ordeal.

Wow @LindaW you sure do have a busy life. My life is pretty unbusy. I hope down the road and I gain some mobility I can be busier with fun things and a long put off travel to Europe.
 
Have you had procedures of any kind before? The sedation they give for this kind of procedure (if you have a spinal) is very safe. I've had an ERCP and a colonoscopy in the last several years with the kind of sedation they use for TKR. Also had general anesthesia a couple of times. It's very safe, so don't worry about that. As for dreading the surgery, you won't even know it is taking place, until after the fact. Just make sure you have fully prepared for AFTER the surgery. Best wishes for your surgery on Monday.
 
I sure hope things go well for you. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who dislikes being put to sleep. I think we are in so much in control of what we do or how we live, it is hard to let someone else have control!!

I sure hope you get to take that trip to Europe. You will be able to sight see and act like a vacationed. Lol!!!
 
Yes! We were supposed to take this trip for our honeymoon, almost 40 years ago , but we used the money to buy our first house and move to Florida, then well life happened and we never went. Where we want to see, England, Scotland, france, italy, and the Netherlands. We shall see how it goes
 
I'd keep that on my agenda as it is a large motive to getting better. I have to set goals for myself.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@LindaW, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
No Ireland? I've been watching a lot of travelogues lately that I got at the library. I'd love to go to those places but I don't think it will ever happen on Social Security. :)
 
I am going in on Tuesday, 8/2.... Can't wait to get this show on the road !!! Remember, recovery starts right after surgery!!! WOOO WOOO ready to rock and roll!!! Got my bag packed, a new tye dye shirt and a sign that says "going in " to hold for a pic won my way in for my FB fans !! Making the decision was easy with the pain level I have...no point wasting any more time second guessing your self !https://
 
I am having m second replacement Aug 22. My first TKR went well and I pray the left knee does as well as the right knee.mGoodmlck to all


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom