2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ireland?
doesnt fascinate me as much as scotland and the other places, but who knows, when and IF we ever do it, maybe a cruise thru the british isles and add ireland too. We are both on SS too, but did manage to save well when we were working. At this point it would just be less for our son to inherit, ;), selfish? ehhh oh well, not like we have not shelled out many thousands for him over the years, and even at 30 sometimes still do.. so... we decided to spend OUR money and let him find his own hehe

Sending great thoughts and positive vibes for you for tomorrow @LindaW

I'm half Irish, so I'd like to go to Ireland. Would love to take the horseback tour through the countryside. Part Welsh to, so Wales would be interesting. I'd like to see all the old castles of Europe.

My "kids" are just at the beginning stage of starting to help as both of us have retired in the last few months. Like you said, they cost us many thousands with college, etc. But they now are making very good money as department heads in big companies and they're both willing to help out. We unfortunately were never able to save much of a nest egg.

Thats great that your kids are making good money, I hope to live to see that day that our son makes a living that does not require the Bank of Mom&Dad subsidy plan, But he does help with things at the house that as we age, have a little trouble with. We were very fortunate, that we both had good careers, worked VERY hard, but at least we were well paid and were able to save pretty well. And now with Medicare, our medical costs have gone way down.

tick tick tick huh @FlaGranny

Thank you for your well wishes!! I hope things are non-eventful!! It has rolled around so fast!!

Reanna57, maseko, and Linda - Best wishes to all of you tomorrow.

Hope I'm not too late to the party. I'm having a total knee replacement on Aug 15.

Welcome Maddy and Audrey. Aug 15th is my surgery and also Zammie's.

Welcome Maddy and Audrey!! August 15 is a popular date!! Best of luck with everything!

Mercedes Z - RTKR Aug 15th

I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!

Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 16 Reanna27, maseko, LindaW
02 August 16 April Hill (her first)
03 August 16 JustmeT (patellar resurfacing), Baboo65
05 August 16 Aunty T, audreys130 (bilateral)
08 August 16 Doggiemom
11 August 16 thecoll (her first), Annie11 (her second)
15 August 16 FlaGranny, zammie24, MaddyS
17 August 16 dianehelen, Sipzener
22 August 16 nananew (her second)
23 August 16 jvbs
24 August 16 karena71, Deeann (her second)
25 August 16 pizzadog
30 August 16 greatlakes

@April Hill, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!

@nananew, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

@MaddyS, , you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

Welcome back to the BoneSmart forum. We’re so pleased that you have joined us here. If you have not started a thread of your own, please do so. With your own thread, you and your questions and concerns will receive the attention they deserve.

@audreys130, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

We are getting quite a few people for August, aren't we? Best wishes to all of us.

Good luck to every one having their surgery this week!! Mine is just 10 days away and I need to start preparing. Seems like I am trying to prepare more so at work. Just the thought of my work piling up for 12 weeks makes me cringe. I have 8 weeks of vacation time saved up and my boss said I could work from home if I felt up to it. So thinking I may do this around week 4 or week 5. I will have to see how that plays into my FMLA and short term disability. I see a few of us are in our mid forties and a couple are from Florida as I am. The greatest thing we all have in common is we are all going to have a bionic knee(s)!

Less than two weeks away for us on 8/15! I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and returning in a week and then it's go time!! Here's to success for all of us!!

Thank you @FlaGranny! We'll be at Universal Orlando near you! Hopefully my knee will keep up

Not too near me, but near a few others here. It's about 3 hours or so from me. Hope the weather holds up for you. Can be stormy this time of year, but doesn't usually last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Plerea
Recent bookmarks