2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Janeann, you have been officially removed from the August surgery list per your request. I look forward to putting you on a new list next year.
 
A couple of years ago I did something similar. I was sent to a surgeon to have cataract surgery and was not impressed. I waited, changed my plan and went to a great doctor. It was a little easier to wait for the cataract surgery though, because the eyes were not painful. Here's hoping you have a smooth wait.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all August Hot Shots!


[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 August 16 Reanna27, maseko
02 August 16 April Hill (her first)
03 August 16 JustmeT (patellar resurfacing)
05 August 16 Aunty T
08 August 16 Doggiemom
11 August 16 thecoll (her first), Annie11 (her second)
15 August 16 FlaGranny, zammie24
17 August 16 dianehelen, Sipzener
24 August 16 karena71, Deeann (her second)
25 August 16 pizzadog
30 August 16 greatlakes
 
@zammie24 I know how you feel, but you know what happens. You feel better for a bit and think to yourself, "do I really need this." Then you are torn between yes and no. Then one day the pain gets to you, you can barely walk, and you say "yes." There is no point in putting it off if you need it. It will just keep getting worse. If you have any doubts ask for a copy of your x-ray and/or scan reports if you don't already have them. They will show you just why you need the surgery.

Thank you! I was coming here this morning to post what a struggle this is for me. My knee feels great for a couple of days and I really start thinking about cancelling surgery. (Being a scaredy cat chicken doesn't help with that decision. ;) ) Then I start walking normal again and by the end of the night I'm hurting. Yesterday was really bad and I'm very sore this morning. My age doesn't help with making think that I should wait a bit longer. However, I told the dr that I'm too young to be inactive. I guess I just need to keep reminding myself of that!

Karen
 
Hello all! I'm a Hotshot!! Surgery confirmed for August 15th- hubby came with me to talk to surgeon and boy did my X-ray look bad- going for it![emoji106]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?
@zammie24, you have been officially added to the August surgery list! You are now officially an August Hot Shot!

We are here to help in any way we can because We Care!
 
Thank you! Looking forward to sharing this fabulous journey with all of you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@karena71, I know how you feel about your age, but, you are right that you don't want to be in pain waiting until you are older.
 
Yes FlaGranny Yippeee lol!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It's becoming real now.. I had my preop (lab, chest xray and EKG ) today. As well as attend a joint replacement class at the hospital and the Ortho Charge Nurse, a Physical Therapist and a Social Worker went over what to expect. The PT and the other patients could not believe I was getting a TKR at my age. So glad I have been doing my prehab exercises to prepare me for the surgery. Just 22 days from now I will have a new knee and fingers crossed 3 weeks after that a second new knee.
 
Hello all. I had a terrible dream last night. I was in a hospital (didn't seem to be a hospital in my dream) and I was getting ready to have surgery. My rheumatologist came running in and said "What are you doing here? I didn't mean for you to come here. You have to stop." I felt completely dejected about having to stop surgery in my dream. There must be some subconscious fear involved, but it seems to be a fear of not having the new knee. I'm so over these clunky, painful, swollen knees. Many times I have level 5-7 pain when I've been doing much of anything. Luckily my pain is minimal when just sitting around. My sweet hubby is vacuuming for me today. Don't know what I'd do without him right now.
 
*sigh* @FlaGranny dont ya hate those disturbing dreams? Ive had similar ones and I am in a funk over it the whole day.

Hope your dreams are more pleasant tonight...

My favorite dreams are the few I have from time to time where I am with my mom or dad... I miss them so, and in my dreams, they seem so real
 
Hi all and thanks so much for this wonderful forum - had no idea this existed.

My name is Gloria, I'm 67 and scheduled to have knee replacement on August 1st.

Just a few days away...I'm very nervous and I guess I'm not happy about it, but I know there is no other way (so say all the doctors etc).

I'm not sure how long recovery will take. I have been pretty independent and now feel like I will have to rely on others for every little thing.

Thanks for listening, I hope all of your surgeries go perfectly as planned and that you heal soon.
 
Hello nonagloria, welcome. Not too long to wait for you. I have 3 weeks to go from today. I can't wait to get it over with.
 
Hi @nonagloria! Best of luck to u- my surgery is scheduled 3weeks from today -@flagranny is by surgery buddy !


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom