2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 November 15 ValiantVal (bilateral), TerriP, TeeDee (her second), suemegane, Amaryllis756
03 November 15 french (her second), suemegane, Newknees4me (bilateral), french, Welshchick (her second)
05 November 15 RunA42K (2nd revision), Vangheluwec
09 November 15 Timetolive, Bubbles (bilateral), kayak59 (her first)
10 November 15 midwest girl (her second),LeeLee
11 November 15 WestTexasGal (bilateral)
12 November 15 macduf387, wings (her second)
16 November 15 nerdgrrl, smarttoys
17 November 15 violinone, PeterinMontreal (his second), rivercook
18 November 15 Daboo
19 November 15 teniralc, beach58 (bilateral), mjv, GottaGo
23 November 15 jojo9610, Sidelined (bilateral)
24 November 15 Lesan
30 November 15 hbpeyton18, Annie11, Gramanator57, Joyfull61 (her second)
 
Nov. 3 RTKR


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes I am. The 19th. RTKR, PreOp consult on the 10th.
This site has been invaluable for a man that's never had surgery.
 
I am having my surgery on November 23. Both knees at the same time. I am starting to get nervous. I had a dream last night that the surgeon put the knees in backwards. I have already a lot of the posts including the ones on recliners. My question on recliners is this: do any of them allow you to sleep with your knees straight like it seems like you are supposed to? Another question: HOW do double knee replacement people do rehab and how do they climb stairs? Do a majority go to a rehab center?
 
I am having RTKA on November 2, in just less than a week. I really don't know if I am repaired for this. Looks like there are a lot challenges coming up, and it scares me. I am wondering if my family is going to be able to help me with the care I need. I am so used to doing for them, I don't know if they are going to be able "to do" for me. I hate being a burden to them. Thanks is what making so apprehensive. Any advice?
 
I'm having RTKR on 3rd November. My left knee was done in April. I know it will be good in the end (if it's not good, its not the end!) but I'm not looking forward to the next couple of weeks... just gritting my teeth, taking some deep breaths and hoping to get on with it.
 
:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::scaredycat:
I am having my surgery on November 23. Both knees at the same time. I am starting to get nervous. I had a dream last night that the surgeon put the knees in backwards. I have already a lot of the posts including the ones on recliners. My question on recliners is this: do any of them allow you to sleep with your knees straight like it seems like you are supposed to? Another question: HOW do double knee replacement people do rehab and how do they climb stairs? Do a majority go to a rehab center?

Knees put in backwards :yikes:

I have the same questions, recliners ok for us doubles, how to do stairs...
 
Gee thanks Timetolive! Sisters are good.

November 9 will be a good day. :loveshwr:
 
I'm hoping to live up to my chosen name, Valiant Val, as I'm scheduled for BTKR on November 2nd. I live alone but my 30 year old son, my "gentle giant" will come stay with me the first week post-op and then be around for the month, as my "go-fer". That's a blessing. I'm hopeful about the surgery, while admitting to some fear about the recovery process. Yet, planning to proceed as valiantly as I can - determined and courageous. I love to hear others' concerns, successes and experiences, while gobbling up all the info. Thank you all.
Hi ValiantVal I am having my TKR on 3rd November, its come around so quickly, just looking forward to the Arthritis pain to be gone. Have my partner around most of the day as he works on night shifts & my two sons here in the evenings to help. Have a list of exercises to do post op so I have been practicing them. Good luck on Monday with your op.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom