2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best wishes to my fellow November Nimbles! :friends: Here we go.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 November 15 ValiantVal (bilateral), TerriP, TeeDee (her second), suemegane, Amaryllis756
03 November 15 french (her second), suemegane, Newknees4me (bilateral), french
05 November 15 RunA42K (2nd revision), Vangheluwec
08 November 15 snowberry
09 November 15 Timetolive, Bubbles (bilateral), kayak59 (her first)
10 November 15 midwest girl (her second),LeeLee
11 November 15 WestTexasGal (bilateral)
12 November 15 macduf387, wings (her second)
16 November 15 nerdgrrl, smarttoys
17 November 15 violinone, PeterinMontreal (his second), rivercook
18 November 15 Daboo
19 November 15 teniralc, beach58 (bilateral), mjv, GottaGo
23 November 15 jojo9610, Sidelined (bilateral)
24 November 15 Lesan
30 November 15 hbpeyton18, Annie11, Gramanator57, Joyfull61 (her second)
 
HI Valiant Val....I'm having BTKR in Nov 19th so I'm really looking to seeing how your recovery goes!!!! Best of luck tomorrow!!!!!
 
Hi,
I am booked in to have TKR on 8th Nov, very nervous and wish it were over. Good luck to you all. I am from the
UK, so hope I may join in. Looks a brilliant site.
 
Good luck to everyone - and remember to be kind to yourselves and take one day at a time!

Just heard that my op has been cancelled due to MRSA breach on the ward. I don't know when the next date will be. :-(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@snowberry , welcome. My date is the 9th! I am nervous too. I wish there was a way to calm the nerves. :bawl:

@Welshchick . I am sorry your surgery was cancelled, although you don't want to be subjected to MRSA! Divine intervention? They do a nasal MRSA swab here as a pre-op - glad they do. I hope you get scheduled soon.
 
They do MRSA checks here to for elective surgery too Timeto Live. The problem lies with emergency admissions for othopaedic surgery who go to the same ward. If one of them is an MRSA carrier they close down the ward and deep clean. Good precaution, but frustrating - for my first op I went through three cancellations and this is the second one this time round. But you're right, I don't want MRSA. I now have to rethink what I'm going to do with myself over the next few weeks!
 
Sorry you were cancelled ! But better to be safe!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Starting to feel a little nervous , but I try to keep thinking about other things.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Welshchick, you have been removed from the November surgery list. Let me know when you get a new date. I, too, am sorry you are having this delay.:boohoo:
 
Keeping everyone in my prayers for a safe and successful surgery! Monday is the day for me!
 
Glad you got cleared, @Timetolive! Had my chemical stress test this morning. Went well, no nasty side effects from the meds, and I couldn't even tell my heart rate increased. But boy, am I tired! They said that was as strenuous as the treadmill, even though you are lying in bed. Now I believe them! Wish it was EOD Friday so I could just stop working. Still have plenty of To Dos on my list.
 
@kayak59, I am glad all went well with the stress test! I am about to decide my "To-Dos" may not get done. My uncle died last night, so there are services to attend this weekend too. You know, life will go on whether our houses are clean and tidy. I think we should concentrate on getting our "nests" and ourselves ready. Time is drawing near. :scare:
 
@Timetolive, yes, at this point, since most of my ToDos involve cleaning up things, I think the resolution will involve shifting and hiding! I am going on my last kayaking trip with my old knees tomorrow. will be a great stress reliever and nice sunny weather. I ended up going to bed early last night, cannot believe how much that chemical stress test exhausted me!
 
Got the surgery behind me now to begin recovery.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom