2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?
@Lesan, you have been officially added to the November surgery list!
 
Add me to the list. BTKR scheduled for November 9.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 November 15 ValiantVal (bilateral), TerriP
03 November 15 french (her second), suemegane
09 November 15 Timetolive, Bubbles (bilateral)
10 November 15 midwest girl (her second),LeeLee
11 November 15 WestTexasGal (bilateral)
12 November 15 macduf387, wings (her second)
16 November 15 nerdgrrl, smarttoys
17 November 15 violinone
18 November 15 Daboo
19 November 15 teniralc, beach58 (bilateral)
23 November 15 jojo9610
24 November 15 Lesan
30 November 15 hbpeyton18, Annie11, Gramanator57, Joyfull61 (her second)
 
@Lesan
I am going for knee #2 next month.
I think it is a little easier this time because I know that as challenging as the first few days were, it got better.
I am seven weeks out from my right TKR today. Last week I officially started using my cane to support the left knee...the pain in that one is limiting me more than my new and improved one!!!
This site helped me SO MUCH!
We will indeed get through it together!!!!!!
 
@Gramanator57!, it is good to hear about your personal experience. What was the most challenging thing you encountered? What will you do differently this time?
 
Hi Wings you and I have the same surgery date. I enjoyed reading your recovery from your LTKR I hope I have a similar experience. :)
 
Hi Gramanator57,

Great to hear from you. This site is wonderful. So much information. I have 6 weeks to get ready as my surgery is on November 24. You are a trooper. 2 surgeries close together. You will have a great summer next year when you heal. Let's keep talking.
 
I'm having my right knee done on November 30! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Currently, I'm six-weeks into recovery from my partial left knee replacement and am doing great! I've been back at work for two-three weeks and got kicked out of physical therapy because I met all my milestones by five weeks. I still have to do stretches and exercises at home, but insurance won't pay for any more in-patient PT at this time.
 
@wings Yay for getting your right knee scheduled! I too am looking forward to having two good knees. It's going to be great!!:spin:
 
@Lesan
Last week I officially started using my cane to support the left knee...the pain in that one is limiting me more than my new and improved one!!!

I've been doing the same thing. Although my new knee gets sore and is a little tender, the bone-on-bone pain in my right knee is horrible and slows me down.
 
I'm still listed on the wrong date....I guess it does not really matter but I'm having BTKR on 19 Nov 2015 ( the 9th)
 
Hi Val, I am scheduled for November 10th. I am finding it so hard to do the exercises to prepare because it hurts so much afterward. Have you been doing pre-op exercises? Leelee
 
@LeeLee I have to agree about the pain and pre-op exercises. We have a vacation coming up and I have been trying to keep the knee comfortable so I could walk some. The exercises cause more pain and swelling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom