2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?
@Welshchick, you have, again, been officially added to the November surgery list!
 
Back for round two for 2015. Right TKR scheduled for November 18th. Can hardly wait. The pain has been so bad the past year. I had my left TKR done in March and couldn't be happier. Worked hard, but paced myself during the recovery. Found out over the summer that I had sleep apnea, 65 episodes an hour. Now on a CPAP and hoping my healing will be better. I found the support of this group helpful the first time around and hope it will be as helpful this round.
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!

[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 November 15 ValiantVal (bilateral), TerriP, TeeDee (her second), suemegane, Amaryllis756
03 November 15 french (her second), suemegane, Newknees4me (bilateral), french
05 November 15 RunA42K (2nd revision), Vangheluwec
08 November 15 snowberry
09 November 15 Timetolive, Bubbles (bilateral), kayak59 (her first)
10 November 15 midwest girl (her second),LeeLee
11 November 15 WestTexasGal (bilateral)
12 November 15 macduf387, wings (her second)
16 November 15 nerdgrrl, smarttoys
17 November 15 violinone, PeterinMontreal (his second), rivercook
18 November 15 Daboo, ttonemt
19 November 15 teniralc, beach58 (bilateral), mjv, GottaGo
23 November 15 jojo9610, Sidelined (bilateral)
24 November 15 Lesan, Welshchick, Andysdad
27 November 15 Monmac (bilateral)
30 November 15 hbpeyton18, Gramanator57, Joyfull61 (her second), jebrig3164 (his first)
 
Hi all...I had my LTKR in October of last year and will have my RTRK on this tuesday, Nov 17. As with another November Nible, although I had my first last year and it has gone fantastically (zero pain now!), I look forward to this one but am dreading the second recovery a bit. Also, some of you have asked whether a General Anaesthetic or a Block is better...and there has been much heated debate. My first was a general, and they have convinced me that in principle the block should be better...I will let you know how it goes...I will be the controlled experiment that has both procedures. I have to say, based on my research, I'm a bit worried I will wake up...I'm great with blood and guts...maybe just not my own and, while I obviously won't see anything, I don't really want to feel tugging, hammering, or the doctor saying "Anybody want any fresh hamburger meat"...as one patient in this forum or somewhere else posted.

Good luck November Nimbles...it is worth the pain and recovery effort...

Peter

As I can only keep one area up regularly...please visit my personal recovery page on FB...www.facebook.com/groups/754410474606726/
 
Yes, I'm having a left TKR on 24th November in Banbury Oxfordshire UK. I will be glad to get it done now as had enough of the constant pain and discomfort. Pre Med on the 19th Nov. D :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I am having a bilateral tkr on 27th November in Ireland. Nervous but hopeful!
 
@Monmac, it is to be ex[ected to be nervous! Just think, you have made the decision to put yourself first and live a future of movement and less pain! There are great articles and people on this site. You will be prayed for!
 
Hi - my surgery has been postponed again so please remove me from Niv 30th list. Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Annie11, sorry to hear that your surgery has been delayed. I have removed you from the November surgery list as you requested.
 
Thanks! :/


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hospital have confirmed they have a bed for me tomorrow, so after four or five changes of date, it's finally going ahead. I'm not looking forward to the next few days, but will see you on th e other side. Good luck to my fellow Nimbles.
 
Hi All, just to let you know I had my BTKR on Friday 27th November, still in hospital and so far so good, will be here for a few more days and so glad now I made the decision to go ahead. Staff at hospital are excellent and very helpful. PT also excellent and encouraging feel like I am achieving more and more day by day. Good luck to anyone else out there awaiting their ops.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom