2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, just got confirmation today, I'm scheduled for LTKR on Nov. 19! Yay,


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 November 15 ValiantVal (bilateral)
03 November 15 french (her second), suemegane
09 November 15 Timetolive
10 November 15 midwest girl (her second)
11 November 15 WestTexasGal (bilateral)
12 November 15 macduf387
16 November 15 nerdgrrl
17 November 15 violinone
19 November 15 teniralc
23 November 15 jojo9610
30 November 15 hbpeyton18
 
I will be having ltkr November 17th! Had right need done November 2013.
 
Nov. 3 RTKR. Had LTKR on August 11. Not looking forward to it.
 
Timetolive my first knee was done August 11 I actually think the first week is the hardest. Not knowing what to expect and what is " normal " to be feeling. As I read the post on here in the recovery forum I learned information I needed. I just am not looking forward to Nov. but I have to get it done before my deductible runs out the end of the year ,so I decided may as well get it all done so I can get on with life. Since part of my life is being horseback I thought why not recovery when the weather is cold.
 
I will be having a LTKR Nov. 23rd. Not really the way I wanted to spend Thanksgiving but it's the only date the OS had until February. My out of pocket is paid and I wanted it done before the end of the year.
 
@jojo9610, at least this Thanksgiving, we can all rest and let someone else do the cooking! My daughter and daughter-in-law are going to have a steep learning curve! hahahaha!
 
This is going to be a very quiet Thanksgiving for us. Usually it's driving 500 miles to see family (about 50-60 people gathered at a family owned restaurant). Now it's going to be just me and my husband and two dogs. I don't know if it will even be worth my husband cooking a meal. I will only be out of the hospital one day.
 
I know you will miss your family. You may find that this Thanksgiving will be special in other ways. A new knee!

I plan on making my Apple Pecan Dressing and Brownstone Front cake and freezing them before surgery. We will probably order a turkey, then the girls can fix the vegetables. I usually have a HUGE meal, so I am having to let go of that notion. We will all just enjoy being together. I am looking forward to not being in the kitchen for 4 days! Ha!
 
RTKR on 3rd November & now I am really scared! Have been reading through your Forums & will take note of all the tips. I am due to have my Pre-op Assessment next week & was wondering about anaesthetic, Epidural, General or Sedation of some kind what have others had & pros & cons etc?
 
Scheduled for LTKR on November 16th. I was hoping for an October surgery date but the OS was scheduled out until February at that time. Luckily there was a cancellation the end of the day on Friday. My appointment was on the following Monday morning. Good timing.
 
At my two week checkup for my LTKR, we scheduled my RTKR for November 12. For those having a knee replacement for the first time if it's any comfort, the LTKR recovery process has been easier than I imagined. I'm so looking forward to two good knees!
 
@Timetolive the dressing and cake sound wonderful! Would you share your recipes? I'll be able to cook between my 2 surgeries. What a good idea to cook ahead and freeze!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom