2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - my original surgery was supposed to be in Sept but I am now moved to Nov. 30th, 2015 :bolt:

Getting left knee done first - will think about the right one next April :). Let's see how this one goes ...praying for the BEST for everyone!! :angel:
 
@wings, thank you for saying that about your surgery!!! I know we are all different, but I have been imagining this hellish recovery period of much pain and lots of drugs I cannot take. Any details of your recovery and what helped would be much appreciated! I will find the recipes - I usually just "put together" the dressing. Have you ever had Brownstone Front cake? I used to make wedding cakes until my knee prevented me from standing for long periods and then threw me up the steps and broke my wrist! hahahaha!

It looks like November is going to be a great month for knees! Every one of you have been added to my prayer journal.
 
@Timetolive, I imagined a horrible recovery. I am so relieved it has been so much easier. I placed a link to my recovery thread in my signature. I did some easy presurg exercises, made a recovery nest made sure I had extension cord, 10 ft. Long charge cords for iPad, iPhone etc. Small table to hold gadgets. Leg lifter (mentioned in my thread). Body pillow for knee elevation. Icing plan ( machine, packs, home made bags your preference). The area where I setup recovery nest does not have cable, so I bought $69 AppleTV, relocated another TV so I can watch Netflix, amazon prime etc. The central component of my nest is a recliner (personal preference). There's great info on this site about how to prepare, but the above is what I did in a nutshell.
 
Scheduled for 18 November with Dr. Aric Crystal.

Chris
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all November Nimbles!


[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. Start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 November 15 ValiantVal (bilateral), TerriP
03 November 15 french (her second), suemegane
09 November 15 Timetolive
10 November 15 midwest girl (her second)
11 November 15 WestTexasGal (bilateral)
12 November 15 macduf387, wings (her second)
16 November 15 nerdgrrl, smarttoys
17 November 15 violinone
18 November 15 Daboo
19 November 15 teniralc
23 November 15 jojo9610
24 November 15 Lesan
30 November 15 hbpeyton18, Annie11, Gramanator57
 
@bottomshollow. Can you please add me for Nov 30th. Thanks!! :)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi, I first joined in 2013, had surgery scheduled, but ended up with spine surgery in 2013 and 2014. But my RTKR is scheduled for November 2 .... Finally. Can't wait.
 
Hey @Daboo, I am from Seattle, too! And we are having surgery the same week. :cheers:

Mine is with Dr William Barrett. We'll have to keep track of each other online. Best of luck with the surgery!
 
I noticed I'm not on the list. Would you please put me on for RTKR - November 12?

LTKR was Sept 15.

Thank you
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?
@Gramanator57, you have been officially added to the November surgery list!
 
Please add me for November 16th.
Thanks.
 
I am scheduled for LTKR on November 24. I am very fearful of the pain right after and following surgery. This forum is helping me sought through my fears and prepare for surgery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom