2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Helenefm - my husband built a simple platform to raise the height of my recliner. I love it - I've had trouble getting out of that chair for a long time. Here's a photo:
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Good luck with your surgery!
 
Thanks for the chair/recliner information! I actually have my Mother's old recliner she used in her Nursing Home!! It's incredibly heavy and we have no idea how to get it up the stairs!! Don't ask me why I still have this thing!
 
@LauraLeigh, great photos!! Great husband! I mentioned this to my husband and he just about fainted!! Not a handy fellow at all!
 
Lovely photos of a platform for your recliner. I hope you don't mind, but your hubby is now famous! I clipped the photos and added them to our BoneSmart Library article on using a recliner for recovery. His design is an excellent and safe one that I'm sure others will be interested in seeing.
 
Day four post-OP

Only issue so far is my bladder doesn't fully empty so I have to go the bathroom ever 45-60 minutes. The joint replacement center I went to doesn't catheterize and I only have to take aspirin for clot prevention. As I have BPH I assume bladder functions will improve in the coming days.

Pain is manageable with Vicodin every 4-6hours
"slept" in the recliner last night. Using a DonJoy ice machine 3 times a day
Keeping leg elevated
Start PT on Tuesday and get the staples out Friday




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@summerwind, sounds like you are doing well. I am surprised you are getting your staples out so early. I had my TKR on May 5th and I am only getting the staples out tomorrow.
 
@ midwest girl, mine came out yesterday was also day 15. My knee feels better with them gone. How many do you have? I had 46. Good luck I recommend medicating before you go.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
Ha beat you all, I had 67 staples, bilateral mind you. The scar is only 15 days old and it is fading fast!:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
 
@ msmechanic58 good luck with staple removal. How are you feeling?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Hurting but managing. This not having high dose Pain pills is awful. I have 36 in one knee and 25 in the other best I counted. Lol


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
msmechanic58, why are you on low dose pain medication?
 
@msmechanic58 Because of all the wonderful advise from the members here I discussed my dose and tremendous pain level with my my GP, he was shocked how low my dose was now that he has adjusted it I am coping much better and more able to do my exercises and get some much needed sleep! Please do the same there is no reason to suffer if you dont have to. Thinking about you and sending you reduced pain and peaceful rest vibes.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
 
msmechanic58, why are you on low dose pain medication?
I'm allergic to all codeine and derivatives.
I'm taking all I can right now. Will have to change meds come Monday as I cannot continue the toradol past then.

Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom