2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry! I didn't mean to pry but I hate to hear of anyone in pain. I hope you feel better soon!
 
No worries! I like feeling myself and the pain has not been above a 4


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 14 @sarah101613 (her second)
05 May 14 @Wellness in Virginia (bilateral), @71Beetle (her first)
06 May 14 @greeneyedtattedgirl
08 May 14 @caro
12 May 14 @Pipt (first)
13 May 14 @midwest girl
14 may 14 @dpg3 (bilateral)
15 may 14 @sumsha (her mom)
19 May 14 @msmechanic58 (bilateral), @Javamama (bilateral), @Highpointer42 (his first), @Biscuit, @summerwind, @Susanita
20 May 14 @Spider, @Streetglide, @Josie B (bilateral), @NWMSU42, @purpleladee
21 May 14 @Drewsie (her second), @MzRicketts, @Layla290 (bilateral)
26 May 14 @mommamagoo
27 May 14 @LauraLeigh (bilateral)
28 May 14 @runnomore, @r2u (bilateral), @Springsmom83, @Helenefm
 
Another question for the experts!! The Physical Therapist told me that using a recliner isn't a good idea. He stresses having your feet elevated above the heart when you are resting. I have no idea how this is going to work out when two of our dogs have claimed sofa rights!! What say you??
 
That looks fine to me!! Guess my Mother's old chair is coming upstairs!! Thanks! Hope you are feeling better!
 
I use the three pillow method to fully support the legs.


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
@Helenefm - perhaps you saw the photo I posted today of my recliner platform. My husband did that so I can get the recliner all the way flat and with pillows, I can get in the proper "toes above nose" position. I haven't tested it for long periods of time yet but I fell asleep in it today so I think it won't be a problem. I wanted to have one other place that I could sit and/or sleep in case being in bed gets old. Luckily we have an adjustable bed - expensive but worth every penny!
 
I believe our next bed purchase will be one of those adjustable beds. My husband and I have such different sleeping styles.
 
LauraLeigh, now I understand the chair support! I doubt my husband could build anything like that. I will just have to be satisfied with the sofa. The dogs are going to just love it!
 
I have a very comfy set up on the couch but I a getting bored of it all :sad:
 
Boy, I just can't wait to have this surgery!! I never sit still, am up and down all day, just a busy lady!! I may just go totally nuts! Just the thought of not moving around scares me to death...
 
I am moving from the recliner to the chair about every hour. Just find a relaxing hobby. :)


Bilateral tkr May 19, 2014
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom