2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's too bad! Bet the days would just fly by! Hope you know I am just kidding about the wine...
 
I find I sleep a lot - that makes the days go by fast(ish). My husband drives a school bus so he is home for a few hours late morning and through lunch. He takes the monotony out of my day.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all May Marvels!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

01 May 14 @sarah101613 (her second), @Lily2450
05 May 14 @Wellness in Virginia (bilateral), @71Beetle (her first)
06 May 14 @greeneyedtattedgirl
08 May 14 @caro
12 May 14 @Pipt (first)
13 May 14 @midwest girl
14 may 14 @dpg3 (bilateral)
15 may 14 @sumsha (her mom)
19 May 14 @msmechanic58 (bilateral), @Javamama (bilateral), @Highpointer42 (his first), @Biscuit, @summerwind, @Susanita
20 May 14 @Spider, @Streetglide, @Josie B (bilateral), @NWMSU42, @purpleladee
21 May 14 @Drewsie (her second), @MzRicketts, @Layla290 (bilateral)
26 May 14 @mommamagoo
27 May 14 @LauraLeigh (bilateral)
28 May 14 @runnomore, @r2u (bilateral), @Springsmom83, @Helenefm, @janlynnthom
 
The waiting is the hardest part. I'm 7 days past bilateral and feeling ok. Have you started your own thread yet?
 
@msmechanic58, happy to hear that you are feeling good! You must be following the BoneSmart mantra!

@janlynnthom - good luck with your surgery on Wednesday. I had my left TKR on May 5th and I seem to be doing pretty well. Follow the guidelines from these forums and you will be in good hands!
 
Jannlynnthom, I will also be having a left knee replacement on Wednesday the 28th! Yes, I am more than frightened! I am trying to keep myself very busy so I don't think about it!! I am also worried about my "Nurse" who gets waited on all day! And, his dog!!
 
Yes, good luck to all of you that are still on the list for this month. I hope this helps put some of you at ease. My rtkr was one week ago today. Things have gone pretty smoothly so far. I was able to be home 2 days after the surgery. That was a big deal for me because I do not enjoy being in the hospital at all. Or maybe I really enjoy being at home. Or maybe both! Anyway, a week out and I can already tell you that I'm glad I did this. Even though there has been pain and soreness that will go away soon enough, that dull, constant ache that was always there, is gone. Again, good luck to you all. Hang in there.
 
Amazingly I'm not at all nervous - I'm actually looking forward to the surgery! I know it's going to be a long road but it will be worth it. See you all on the other side!
 
Wow, Biscuit, that sounds so encouraging!! I hate hospitals and want to get out of there as soon as possible! I can also relate to that constant ache you mentioned. I just can't wait to get this over and done with! Thank you so much for the kind words. Everyone has just be wonderful on this board.
 
Well, I can tell you this. I made sure that every Dr., nurse, and PT person that I dealt with, knew that I wanted to go home as soon as I could. You could say that I was highly motivated to go home. My wife sure would tell you that. :loll:
 
May first for me. I joined the site and think it's really great support.
I had my TKR and came home day four...great care...rotten stockings that just made my leg swell up more..but I followed instructions...rest elevation and ice packs.
Its improving daily and now at day 27 Ivreckon I'm doing really well. Can walk up and down steep driveway stick free...up and down stairs we have two flights if nine to get up to living area and kitchen. Am independent.. But always was..just getting a bit over lean cuisine!!
I go to my Physio weekly and do the set exercises when I can..I think that its better already compared to twelve years of arthritic and bone in bone knee pain..
My calf muscles are slack but I'm prepared to do the hard yards..Just want yo be bke to go forllong walks and dance again
Jilly
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom