2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@htrevino76, you have been officially added to the June surgery list!
 
Tenncatfan, I'm guessing you are also a cat lover? I have 2 and a gal ahead of us was wondering how to keep them off our legs during our sleep. I suggested putting tin foil where they jump so they know "not now".... <3

Oh well, BFN, Cheers,
Betsy

Betsy, my name comes from a few things. I live in tennessee and I am a fan of Kansas State University, nickname is wildcats. I do have a cat as well but he doesnt sleep on the bed with us
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 June 14 @busylizzie (her second revision), @kneeper (her second), @lori2869 (bilateral), @truckinguy (his second), @Gatornet
03 June 14 @tschrade (her second), @Pjcopela, @htrevino76, @SunnyMorning
05 June 14 @Tina65, @kloewent, @Goofyme9
09 June 14 @Midwest knees (her second), @DanaDelight, @woodsy, @Gweilo19
10 June 14 @Touretteswalker, @sf-slim, @Gingiebot, @megabrew
11 June 14 @Texan (her second), @blowin1 (revision), @GrandmaKatie, @Layla290 (bilateral)
13 June 14 @Lemonslikethefruit (her first)
16 June 14 @Lemonslikethefruit (her second)
17 June 14 @limpy7 (revision), @charlie776
23 June 14 @Loislu, @cocodelight, @Big Tuna
26 June 14 @tenncatfan (bilateral)
30 June 14 @lemsyd
 
@bottomshollow , it is actually my second revision of my left knee not an original TKR that I'm having on the 2 June
 
Please add me to the June Sunbeams. Scheduled for BTKR on June 11 (postponed from 5/21) in Austin, TX. Shout out to all the Sunbeams. Really loving this site.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Layla290, you have been removed from the May surgery list and officially added to the June surgery lis t!
 
Betsy-Knees--hi. I'm out in the boonies now... Southern McHenry county. Grew up in Wheaton. Am glad to find this forum. Instead of worrying about the surgery, I have now become distracted with this no-shaving thing, which I stumbled upon on bone smart. LOL.

I was distracted by the no shaving too but I'm not too hairy, so I think I'll be okay. I actually was more worried about getting a shower and my hair washed as soon as possible. I've had people tell me anywhere between 6 and 10 days after surgery!!! Eeeewwww! Yesterday, I attended Pre-Op University where all questions were answered by staff at the facility where I will have surgeries. Second day after surgery - SHOWER & SHAMPOO!!!! YEA!!!! The strip that is put on over the incision is waterproof and sticks like it's permanent! You need instructions to remove it! Good Luck!
 
I'm scheduled for a RTKR on June 5th! Hopefully it will happen this time. Just went through allergy testing and I'm VERY allergic to bone cement. Doc is trying to figure out what method and "knee" he will use now. Hope it doesn't delay this any more. This will be my third surgery "date" that we have set.
 
I am having a TKN on the right knee on June 3rd at Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina, Minnesota.
 
Back in February when I set the surgery date of June 23, I thought that was a long time away. Today after my pre-op and working on arranging rehab, that day is right around the corner. I can't wait to get over this. I'm mentally prepared but I have not completed any preparation around the house. If I go to rehab, I don't think I'll have that much to do.
 
Hi everyone! I am a newbie, my LTKR is scheduled for June 17. Besides rehab my major concern is the life of the implant. Based on the research the average life is 10 to 15 years, means at best I will be 71 when it will need to be replaced. Does anyone else share this concern?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom