2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I thought I was a May Marvel but today I became a June Sunbeam! My date was changed by the doctor because I have to have an MRI and it takes 30 days to create the cutting template for my knee, so please update me on the lists.
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 June 14 @busylizzie (tentative date), @kneeper (her second), @lori2869 (bilateral), @truckinguy (his second), @Gatornet
03 June 14 @tschrade (her second)
05 June 14 @Tina65
09 June 14 @Midwest knees (her second), @DanaDelight
10 June 14 @Touretteswalker
11 June 14 @Texan (her second)
13 June 14 @Lemonslikethefruit (her first)
16 June 14 @Lemonslikethefruit (her second)
23 June 14 @Loislu
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Midwest knees, you have been officially added to the June surgery list!

(I have removed you from the May list.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having my LTKR done June 2nd. I had my RTKR done 2 years ago July 2012. I wanted to do both at once but my surgeon doesn't do that. Then I was going to have him do the LTKR 2 weeks later and I chickened out. I don't have anyone at home most of the time (wife works full time) to help so I waited to see how this would all play out.
The RTKR has been ok. Still not like having bio knee of good health. You always know you have a TKR. Now I'll have 2. I can hike and walk with no pain in my RK now. I hope the LK works as well or better. I have the same surgeon and hospitable doing this so x my fingers. The first week was tough I found. I am not sure if I took the amount of meds I could of. The time in the first week If it says 1 or 2 every 3 or 4 hours I will do the max.
Maybe I didn't control the pain with the meds as at the exact one week point I came home from PT and the pain getting out of the care was horrible. After a nap that afternoon it was ok and never happened again. I hope to advoid that this time. Also I strained my back bad at the 3 week point pulling myself into my truck to go to PT. It was worse then the knee pain for a few weeks. I hope to not duplicate that either.
Jim
 
Hello to all. I just scheduled my TKR today for June 9th. I am only 44 years old and the decision to have a knee replacement has been long and difficult. I have had a total of 8 surgical procedures on my left knee and finally got to a place where I could no longer deal with the pain or the thought of another surgery that would yield less than positive results. I have had a first, second and third opinion and the second and third doctors felt a knee replacement was my only option. I am looking forward to getting this done and resuming a life that has been on hold for 9 years. I look forward to going through this journey with others that will understand. Thank you!!
 
I'm having TKA surgery in June. I went to a Joint Class at Loma Linda Medical Center,CA last week. It was great information. The best part was when I was told the surgeons use a "skin glue" instead of staples or stitches. Yeah! The lady leading the class met with me afterwards and listenend to my concerns. She said she had never seen my surgeon have a
 
Hi

My second TKR is now scheduled for June 3. My first was on March 25 and after a rocky start ( developed aspiration pneumonia 2 days post op) am getting along pretty well. This sight has been a huge help in both the physical and mental recovery.
Thanks to all.
tschrade


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
I'm having both knees replaced on June 13 & 16. I'm a little apprehensive, yet excited to be rid of knee pain and grinding. Also, to be able to get out of a chair or booth in public. Embarrassing!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Lemons!!! Glad you joined us here on BoneSmart. Looks like you're going to have some life-changing surgery here soon and turn those lemons into summer lemonade!!! Good for you! You might want to start a thread of your own here in the pre-op section and tell us a bit more about yourself. We love getting to know our members.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Lemonslikethefruit, you have been officially added to the June surgery list twice!

I had both my knees done 2 days apart. One of the best things I ever did. One hospital stay, one inpatient rehab star, one recovery. Two and a half years ago now, and I rarely think about them except for going up and down stairs which I don't have to do often.
 
HI Lemons, I also am waiting for the BTNR. No date yet, just passed my cardio test so I guess my heart will handle the adventure. I also am so ready to get rid of the aching, numbness, throbing. I wake up every 2 hrs in the night cause the circulation has stopped in my leg.

I have noticed a few people spacing the two operations apart a few days. I thought both would be done at once, what did they say the reason for spacing them is?

Maybe my date will be around the time of yours. :good-bad:
 
I look forward to going through this journey with others that will understand. Thank you!!

Hi Dana, I also am looking forward to finding friends to get through this with. Sorry you are so young BUT that will help in your recovery. Us old'sters have it a little harder. I'm going for TKR because I figured my left knee won't be able to rehab the right. Plus it seems more productive if there is pain on a new knee it is making progress.

I'm working on my Pandora music stations... plus I'm ordering some books to read while I'm down.

Your daughter looks beautiful. Just like her Mommy. My daughter is 23 yro. Another reason to do this surgery.
:loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
June 23rd will be the date little anxious but looking forward to staying connected to this group during and after the process
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom