Guest viewing is limited

2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all looking forward to making new friends during this time in my life any encouragement is greatly appreciated Thank you
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!

[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 June 14 @busylizzie, @kneeper (her second), @lori2869 (bilateral), @truckinguy (his second), @Gatornet
03 June 14 @tschrade (her second)
05 June 14 @Tina65, @kloewent
09 June 14 @Midwest knees (her second), @DanaDelight, @woodsy
10 June 14 @Touretteswalker, @sf-slim
11 June 14 @Texan (her second)
13 June 14 @Lemonslikethefruit (her first)
16 June 14 @Lemonslikethefruit (her second)
23 June 14 @Loislu, @cocodelight
30 June 14 @lemsyd
 
June 23rd will be the date little anxious but looking forward to staying connected to this group during and after the process

Hi, I should be around the same time. We can ride the adventure together. I was thinking of getting a flu shot as I haven't yet. But in the hospital and rehap it may be wise. hum... add it to my list... tee hee.
 
June 9th for me! Probably waited too long but I want to enjoy my son's wedding in September so I am ready to go! Right hip done August 2012.
 
So, I have had this bum left knee for over 10 years now. I went thru arthroscopic surgery, physical therapy, injections, supplements, celebrex, etc. and now have come to the last recourse - replacement. I held out as long as possible because I am a naturopath-type at heart. While I am a bit scared, I am thankful the surgery is an option, as it was for my hip replacement two years ago. Looking for relief and returning to activities I love, like kayaking.

I will look for a photo to update profile - perhaps one with a yellow kayak crossing Narragansett Bay - kayaking in the ocean.....I love it! Hope to get out one day before surgery June 9 but the ocean temp is still in only in the 50s in RI.

Wondering if rehab is what most do after knee replacement vs going home. I think my Dr. sends patients home. My husband is there to help, but goes to work also. I went home right after THR but I the Dr. said the knee surgery is not so easy or quick recovery. I will look in the library here for more info. Thanks for the support and info you provide here! I have recommended this site to others and will continue to do so.
 
Total left knee replacement June 30 at Credit Valley hospital In Mississauga, Ontario
Canada,,, Dr. J. Levesque..
Also had 2 right knee scopes July 4, 2013 and April 4, 2014 neither helped so will be looking
to get right knee replaced hopefully within 6 months as well!!
It sucks when u lose your mobility and ability just to even walk!!!
 
Does anyone have experience with aquatherapy or swim much? I love to swim and would like to know if anyone else has experience with knee replacement and these areas.
thanks
 
HI Woodsy, I am going to Rehab as I am having BTKR. It is an in or out patient rehab and none of it is a retirement home. A therapist said that is better to find one where everyone is rehabbing. I guess a more up-beat facility. :egypdance: I guess check with your insurance and see if it is covered.

Good luck, stay tuned for my date, haven't heard yet.
 
Woodsy: Aqua Therapy is great for knee recovery.. I know of one person who was doing it
4 weeks after her replacement... I used it for my scope recovery....so I say if u luv the water go for it..
I am a gym rat and once cleared to use the pool will be doing so as well as my gym facilities ..especially
bike and elyptical + light weights....I want to get back to this asap..maybe after one week with a registered
physio person then onward and upward!!
 
I’m a newbie and just joined.
I am scheduled for surgery on June 10th. A lot apprehensive and at the same time excited to have a new (functioning) knee. 9 weeks from today and counting

Hi, this is my first post.
I too am having TKR on June 10th.
I'm fearful, not so much about the surgery, but the aftermath and especially the outcome .
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?



If you're having surgery in the month of June, I hope you'll join our June Sunbeams for a bright start to your life with your new joint!

Your fellow Sunbeams will help you along the way with warm hugs and lots of support!


We have found that surgery and recovery is easier if you have a group of folks who are going through similar experiences.

I'm scheduled for June 10th RTKR
 
Just had confirmation 2nd June it is. 2 weeks to go!
 
Well, I thought I was a May Marvel but today I became a June Sunbeam! My date was changed by the doctor because I have to have an MRI and it takes 30 days to create the cutting template for my knee, so please update me on the lists.
Hey there, what the heck is a cutting template, I don't think I have one, why does it take 30 days?
K
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom