Guest viewing is limited

2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@kloewent, you have been officially added to the June surgery list!
 
I have brought forward this month's list so that you can easily see who your surgical buddies are.

Welcome to our latest and all June Sunbeams!


[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?


Feel free post your surgery date in this thread, and I will add you to the list. However, please start a thread of your own in the Pre-Op Knee Section to post comments and share your journey toward knee replacement. Here's the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

02 June 14 @busylizzie, @kneeper (her second), @lori2869 (bilateral), @truckinguy (his second), @Gatornet
03 June 14 @tschrade (her second), @Pjcopela, @htrevino76
05 June 14 @Tina65, @kloewent
06 June 14 @tenncatfan (bilateral)
09 June 14 @Midwest knees (her second), @DanaDelight, @woodsy, @Gweilo19
10 June 14 @Touretteswalker, @sf-slim, @Gingiebot, @megabrew
11 June 14 @Texan (her second), @blowin1 (revision), @GrandmaKatie
13 June 14 @Lemonslikethefruit (her first)
16 June 14 @Lemonslikethefruit (her second)
23 June 14 @Loislu, @cocodelight
30 June 14 @lemsyd
 
HI Lemons, I also am waiting for the BTNR. No date yet, just passed my cardio test so I guess my heart will handle the adventure. I also am so ready to get rid of the aching, numbness, throbing. I wake up every 2 hrs in the night cause the circulation has stopped in my leg.

I have noticed a few people spacing the two operations apart a few days. I thought both would be done at once, what did they say the reason for spacing them is?

Maybe my date will be around the time of yours. :good-bad:
My Doc said that "they" have found doing both surgeries at the same time has made a harder recovery for the patient and the results aren't as good. "They" have found even spacing them a few days apart gives the patient an advantage. My guess is maybe not being under anesthesia for so long at once and maybe getting some stability to the first leg for a couple days helps with the rehab. Oh, my dates are June 13 and June 16. Do you have a date?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@Lemonslikethefruit, you have been officially added to the June surgery list twice!

I had both my knees done 2 days apart. One of the best things I ever did. One hospital stay, one inpatient rehab star, one recovery. Two and a half years ago now, and I rarely think about them except for going up and down stairs which I don't have to do often.
That's good to hear! I'm hoping in a few months, the last thing I think of everyday is my knees!
 
Yippeee got the news yesterday that I am having a Revision LTKR on June 11th after 4 miserable years with it, and even better news is that I am getting the surgeon that did my RTKR 11 years ago....I could burst I am so happy
 
Partial knee replacement on June 10th at The Mayo Clinic. Excited to begin a new pain free journey, never thought I would start at this young age!
 
I'm having bilateral TKR on June 3, 2014. I'm a little scared, too. Walking hasn't been the problem...it's getting up and down from couch, chairs, and toilet. Also going up and down stairs and sitting with my knees bent for a while. I can't go to the theater or fly without stretching out my legs. I'm looking forward to being able to do these things again!
 
I'm having bilateral TKR on June 3, 2014. I'm a little scared, too. Walking hasn't been the problem...it's getting up and down from couch, chairs, and toilet. Also going up and down stairs and sitting with my knees bent for a while. I can't go to the theater or fly without stretching out my legs. I'm looking forward to being able to do these things again!


Picopela! You're post could have been written by me. I'm do great walking on flat surfaces. Getting up from couch, chairs, toilets is killer! I'm flying the week before my surgery and have paid extra to guarantee an exit row so I can stretch my legs, otherwise I wouldn't be able to unbend to get out of my seat at the end of the flight! I hope you post, soon after your surgeries and let everyone know how it goes for you! Best of Luck!!
 
Hi there you all. Gosh all but Blowin is from USA. Looks like a fun group to travel the BS adventure. I have been around a little while but I don't have a date for bilateral cause my Dr said Sept 30th. OMG can you imagine waiting that long after all the prep we have gone through already? Oh well, I haven't given up I have more calls to make ...

I wish I could go to Mayo like Megabrew.... that should be a breeze. Are you going home after or to a Rehab? I like the rehab idea because I live 15 miles out of town without a pharmacy etc.

Does everyone know the kind of knee you're getting. I've heard mentioned here the names and can't wait to ask which I'll get.

Tenncatfan, I'm guessing you are also a cat lover? I have 2 and a gal ahead of us was wondering how to keep them off our legs during our sleep. I suggested putting tin foil where they jump so they know "not now".... <3

Oh well, BFN, Cheers,
Betsy
 
Betsy-Knees--hi. I'm out in the boonies now... Southern McHenry county. Grew up in Wheaton. Am glad to find this forum. Instead of worrying about the surgery, I have now become distracted with this no-shaving thing, which I stumbled upon on bone smart. LOL.
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2014 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?
@tenncatfam, you have been officially added to the June surgery list!
 
I'm having my first knee replacement at Texas Orthopedic Hospital in Houston on June 3, 2014.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom