THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's that 'don't like' button again!
Well hopefully Diane, the Levaquin will work and it will be superficial.
I took Levaquin a few years ago for walking pneumonia and chronic bronchitis. It worked both times; stronger than the usual garden variety.
(((Hugs)))
 
Aw Diane, too bad. But let's keep hoping that this antibiotic helps and it does prove to be superficial. It is not the easy route, that's for sure but good that you are on top of it. Get rest this weekend (that helps healing), think positive thoughts, eat healthy and we're all hoping along with you! Prayers too...
 
@dianehelen So sorry you are having to deal with all this. Fingers crossed the meds do it for you!
 
Best of luck to you, Diane! Try to relax this weekend and please try not to worry and hopefully everything will be much better by Monday! :kittykiss:
 
Ya relax, right.. I wake up this morning, and get an 8am call from the surgeons office to tell me when I come for my 8:30 appt monday, to check the incision, come npo, from midnight, in case he wants to admit me right from there. Ughhhh, that sure got me in a nice relaxed mood for the weekend. Have I mentioned how much I'm hating this?
 
I bet you are! I have one small change of mind for you though - much better to find it early and get it dealt with early than not.
 
Ya I understand that on an intellectual level, but it's been a VERY BAD last 2 years for me with medical ****, and doctors, and hospitals, and other medical facilities, and I'm just so OVER it all.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so here is a question, not really directly related to recovery, but about recovery aid/assistance devices. I am using a raised commode chair over my toilet. I dont know how or why, but whenever I pee, my urine is getting all over the floor around the toilet. It's making my bathroom stink, and needless to say my husband not happy. I've been trying, best as I can, to grab some toilet paper with my reacher thingie and clean it up, but it's very annoying and disgusting. I cant see how this is happening or how to prevent it. Anyone else experience this or have any suggestions?
 
THANK YOU SOOOO much @charmed-life for pointing me to that post. My commode did not come with that sleeve, but I have a call into the DME provider to see if it was an oversight, or if I just have to buy one myself.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Hi just butting into your conversation about pregnancy. It took me 5 years and 3 miscarriages to finally have my beautiful daughter. She'll be 27 this August and not a day goes by that I don't thank someone for her. My cousin is one of the leading doctors on infertility and hormone treatment so I was so lucky for without her I wouldn't have my daughter. Now her daughter is taking over the practice. Another thing about leviquin since it is such a strong antibiotic please make sure you either eat yogurt or take assidophillus (delicious chewable strawberry ones here) and coat your stomach.

Good luck with everything. I didn't read all your posts but the infertility caught my eye. Thank goodness for modern medicine
Be well
 
@dianehelen..Oh my goodness. ..I can certainly hear your frustration. ..,,,go ahead and scream.....you own it....I am certainly hoping you will have some good news to report...as you can see now it's the truth that everyone has their own recovery....please let us know what's going on with the incision...thinking of you and wishing you happiness......may take a little time.....but it will come.....:)

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk
 
Thanks @chaseyboy. Frustration is the understatement of the day. I'm just so over it and just want my life back. That day can't come soon enough.
 
Ok so here is a question, not really directly related to recovery, but about recovery aid/assistance devices. I am using a raised commode chair over my toilet. I don't know how or why, but whenever I pee, my urine is getting all over the floor around the toilet.
That happens to me too and is mostly if there is a significant gap between the seat and the receptacle. I found it was most embarrassing in hospital where they had quite large studs on the underside of loo seats or with commodes where there could be anything up to an inch or even more between the seat and the bowl.

The problem with the anatomy of us ladies is that our stream tends to be redirected by the shape and nature of the labia. If you are on the generous side it's worse because they get in the way and redirect the urine stream all over the place! One time when it pays to be skinny!
 
Yep, exactly the problem. I called the provider of the commode chair I have and stupidly they do not make that splash shield sleeve that was mentioned for my model, invacare,6497. But I called a local medical supply store and they had a sorta universal one. The commode chair I have has a rectangular frame, and the shield is round, but it is flexible so I think its at least lessened the problem. It was 7 bucks, so hopefully a reasonable fix to a very annoying and embarrassing problem
 
@dianehelen So sorry about the incision problem. Hoping that the Levaquin works and you are back in recovery mode soon!! Take care and keep us posted.
 
Well today is my last day before back to the surgeon tomorrow to see if I go right back into the hospital. I'm so worried and scared that the very small progress I've made so far will take such a backstep. I can't really tell if it's gotten any better under the very aggressive dressing the dr put on it. While the area is not extremely painful, it does still feel like externally sore like a slice type wound would. I'm also experiencing a new sorta pain when walking, feels sorta like gluteal area, muscle pain when I take a step. Any thoughts?
 
Good luck tomorrow.....fingers crossed that you get good news and you can move on....will be thinking of you. I had quite a lot of stiffness ( not actual pain ) in my glute muscles when walking for quite some weeks.....it did ease off and it was worse after sitting down and getting up to walk. Chrissie xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom