THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
@charmed-life , good to hear. Tomorrow will be three weeks, so let's hope I do see some progress. I mean, ya there had been some, but it sure would be nice to really feel like I'm turning a corner. Also the drainage is really annoying me too.I'm also still.living from Percocet to Percocet, and the first hour or two after the pill are my most comfortable hours of the day. Day by day is all I can do at this point. This whole getting old stuff sure isnt for sissies huh?
 
I agree - getting old is not fun. I never had any drainage, I can only imagine what a negative feeling that is. Hope it is over soon and that you start to see improvement! There were days when I wondered about all those people who told me "best thing I ever did" when talking about their hip replacement. But I can say that now. Although there is still that disconcerting feeling that I have something artificial, it doesn't hurt at least! Or rarely, anyway. But healing did take longer than I had expected.
 
Ya the non original parts feeling, something else. To deal with. And I hope to get to that point of being it's the best thing I've done. So far not feeling it.
 
Charmed life is so right @dianehelen...you will get there as we all are doing...unfortunately our bodies have their own agenda and their own timescale xxxx
 
Looking back, I think I took enough pain meds for 2 weeks that I slept half the time and that actually helped pass the time a LOT! And probably helped me heal. Then I switched to a little lighter ones and life picked up a bit and the pain had gotten less by then (3.5 weeks).
 
@dianehelen , your last post here is your mental "turning point" so to speak. We are not all robots who will have the same timeframes on healing. Keep up this kind of thinking and it will allow you to realize that you really ARE having some milestones that are unique to you and each one should be celebrated... can't wait to read about your progress, just realize it's YOUR progress and there is no cookie-cutter way for this to go (fo any of us). Hang in there :)
 
@glmrphy thanks, yes I am learning every day that my timeframes are unique to me.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Waiting for final visit of home health nurse, to look at this drainage and see if I need to call the dr office. Seems 3 weeks out the draining should have stopped, so I'm a bit concerned

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Nurse just left, more not great news, she says its red and does not look too good, drainging yellow/brownish, called the dr, voicemail of course, waitingto hear back, ughhhhhh. She cleaned it up and put a big dressing back over it. My vitals were good, temp 97.9, pulse 72, bp 135/72, I called dr office too, left voicemail. Now just hurry up and wait and worry ughhh..im so over this

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
UGHHH ok dr office called back, have to go in tomorrow 1pm. Not one bit of this seems to be going smoothly for me. Wonder what he will do. Scared and worried now. @Josephine any idea what to expect?
 
Gosh, I have no idea, Diane. He might just want to look at it for himself, at first take some swabs, prescribe antibiotics. Maybe later, if the swabs are positive, take you to theatre and open up the wound and give it a good washout with a pulse lavage (bit like a medical power washer!) and see how things go. Even all that is guesswork, I'm afraid.
 
Ughh only me. Wahhhhh. The idea of opening it back up seems such a step back and terrifies me. On a good note for the day, I walked a bit with a cane instead of the walker, not too bad. But this wound thing really has me down :-(
 
A co-worker decorated my walker the basket was so helpful, note the horn....LOL
[Bonesmart.org] 2 weeks post op and miserable
 
Very cute, but how can you carry a drink, or a coffee? Love the horn :-)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Diane,
I had either a water bottle or a travel mug for my coffee. It worked rather well. It also housed the phone and my pain meds.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom