THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used plastic boxes for food and plastic bottles for drinks and dumped them all in a carrier bag! Either carried the bag in my teeth or had a rope round my neck and hooked the bag on to it!
 
@dianehelen Oh my goodness.....
I sure don't have any advice, but can offer a virtual hug :friends: to you....
I sure hope the doc visit tomorrow relieves your anxiety, and there is a good solution.
 
Thanks @MajorHeidi I sure hope so too. I'm pretty freaked out right now. Visions of being back in the hospital and opened back up just when im finally starting to see some progress

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
 
Diane, when I had my hip replaced I did not have PT for 2weeks. I couldn't walk,couldn't move dress myself or wash just wanted to layin rehab bed and pull covers over my head....little my little each day got better. When I went home it was a little easier being in my own bed. I kept pillows under my hip which made it feel better and always pumped my ankles. I feel your pain, went thru it twice but look at the bright side and there is one ---you won't have any more pain!!
 
@dianehelen I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. Please let us know what the doc says tomorrow. I hope he'll just give you some antibiotics and send you home. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

@Josephine I thought I was the only one carrying stuff around in my teeth or around my neck during recovery. My dear DIL had quite the good laugh at me one day when she came in and I was chugging determinedly down the hall gripping the walker and with a bag of lunch gripped in my teeth and another bag around my neck with my book, cell phone, a soda and assorted other necessaries. She threatened to take a picture and post it to the internet. Glad she didn't. I looked pretty ridiculous, but, hey, it worked for me.
 
Diane...do hope they sort this out for you quickly so you can get on with your recovery....hopefully just some antibiotics will do the trick....got everything crossed for you....lots of love and hugs... Chrissie
 
Oh Diane, I'm sorry - I didn't mean to make you feel like that. Should have kept my mouth shut. But when people ask these things I have a tendency to tell the truth, warts and all. Please forgive me.
 
@Josephine I thought I was the only one carrying stuff around in my teeth or around my neck during recovery. I looked pretty ridiculous, but, hey, it worked for me.
Ditto - even that cats looked at me kind of funny! But like you said, it works. Always go with what works! I was only for a couple of weeks anyway so I was too stingy to buy something just for a couple of weeks!
 
I'm so sorry you feel low & disheartened :-( it's a hard long slog for many people, but it will be worth it honestly. I'm about to have my third THR & to be honest each time, I forget how hard it is to recover & how long it takes, but that's all testament to how you do eventually feel --- all the bad times disappear!
I hope it's the same for you, but as I say, it's still early days xx
Good luck!
 
@Michelle1976 third thr? How does one have 3? As for forgetting how hard it is, they say that about childbirth ;-), well guess I too good a memory, I had 1 child and said "people do THAT again?" And I never forgot OR did it again.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
I have a U shaped kitchen with the coffee maker on one end and the two steps to the kitchen table near the other end of the U - so I walked with walker around the U - moving my coffee cup on the counter, a few inches at a time until I got to the other end where I could stretch and reach the table with it. Then back to get my cereal bowl and around the U again - it only took 10-15 minutes to pour cereal and coffee and get it to the table! Hope its good news today!
 
3rd THR means two hips done and revision on one - or two revisions on one hip. I had an emergency C-section with my first at 31 weeks - and she spent a few weeks in the hospital with me riding back and forth on icy, bumpy roads each day (ouch!). And yet it was my husband who said "I don't want to go through THAT again!" But we had another one but no c-section, thankfully.
 
@Josephine you don't have to apologize for being honest. I was just as scared of them having to reopen before you mentioned it. I appreciate your honesty and experience and all you do for this amazing forum.


Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
A milestone today, I was able to let my poor exhausted caretaker husband sleep in this morning and get up, walker to the other side of the house, cane out the back door, walk across the pool deck to let my dogs out, get them back in, feed them, let them out again (their normal routine), pour my coffee, grab a few crackers, a prune juice, load up my new walker basket, and get myself back to.my chair. I'm exhausted now, but feel accomplished. JUST when maybe I'm turning that corner, I have to worry about this incision stuff. Blech.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
ahhh @charmed-life, thanks for that explanation for 3 thr. You are very brave/tough ;-), for going for a 2nd kid. I was one and done!
 
What a morning - hope it continues to go well! As for the 2nd baby, you don't know the half of it... took 9 years after losing one baby to get pregnant - several procedures and hospital time. We adopted a baby and then got pregnant - spent 8 weeks on bed rest after almost having her at 23 weeks, she was born big and healthy at 31 weeks. Second one was a breeze compared to that - born at 34 weeks and 6 lbs! Easy birth - more trouble keeping them in than giving birth.... but hopefully you won't have a repeat on your hip and things will turn around with some antibiotics. Infections are serious but hopefully yours will resolve quickly. Keep us informed, we all care!
 
Wow! @charmed-life what a parenthood seeking adventure story. I had an emergency ruptured ectopic, then took 4 years to get pregnant, had 15 hours of grueling labor, before they decided to do c-section.
 
Back from surgeon. Not the best news, but more a wait and see. He did not like the look of it, redressed, and put me on Levaquin , wants me back Monday. If not noticeably improved, he will admit to hosp for iv antibiotics and possibly back into or to reopen and clean out. For now hoping it's just a superficial infection, with some skin necrosis, but if it's deeper, ughh the hospital route is next. Nothing can be easy or smooth for me. Not happy camper here.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom