THR 2 weeks post op and miserable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chortle aye thats me full stop. Btw I do feel for you with the nerve pain thing its so painful. I am subject to it rather a lot, do hope chiropractor etc helps.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Stopping in to say hi. Im moving forward with life. My hip is doing pretty well, but my knees are bad. But after my whole saga with the hip Im not doing any more elective surgery. For now the knees are somewhat manageable with injections every 3 months. I have started swimming up to a mile and a half 3 times a week, and that actually feels pretty good.

I hope everyone is doing well, I often wonder how Sally @Vetgirl is doing but I guess she has moved on with life also, hopefully doing well

Be well , take care all,
 
Hi @dianehelen. So glad to hear you're doing better! I reached one year post-op on May 5 - still struggling a bit with stairs. My knees (and ankles) are bad, too. I didn't realize until I joyfully stopped taking TylenolArthritis cuz my hip was fixed - took me awhile to give in and start taking them again, but they do help. The other day I walked around the block for the first time - have been doing some traveling as well. I saw a friend who hadn't seen me since my surgery - she said, "Hey! You're not limping anymore!" It's been a long haul but every day I feel closer to normal. Trying to lose weight - it's a huge struggle but I'm determined to be myself again. All the best to you!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi, @dianehelen -- although I mainly "lurked" on your thread when I first joined Bonesmart last spring, I have thought of you often and all your struggles. I'm glad to hear that your hip problem has mostly resolved, and that you have found a pain-free way to get some physical activity. A mile and a half of swimming is awesome! I love swimming, especially in summer when any other type of activity just results in a sweaty mess, lol! Swimming is always refreshing and satisfying. Just wanted you to know that you are not forgotten, and so glad to hear of your progress! Will be praying for those knees to get better for you. Have a great summer! - Pat :flwrysmile:
 
Awee thank you @PA Gal . I can swim all year, I swim at a gym with an olympic size pool. I have my waterproof mp3 player and just get lost in the water and the music
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom