Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fernie,
Glad you made to the other side. I am doing great too. I have had some set backs, but all my own fault. I just feel so darn good that I could not help over doing it. But live and learn.
The knee will let you know and I am trying to get the swelling down. I have gone to PT twice and they are taking it real slow too. So far so good. I keep thinking one day at a time. My pain is under control. I twisted my back when I tried to take off my TED Hose so my lower back is reminding me of my bad back too. I am just so happy that it is behind me and all I have to do is look to the future. I am so glad all is well with you Fernie.
Roxanne
 
Fernie,
I just went back and read some of your posts. I am sorry you are having some problems. Keep your head up it will get better. You will be in my prayers.
Roxanne
 
Fernie we are all pulling for you and sending boat loads of positive energy in your direction! :console2:

I hope you can get this pain medicine nastiness all worked out soon. I've heard that sipping Ginger tea can really help with the feelings of nausea.

Hope you are resting comfortably.
 
Fernie,
I hope things are going better for you and know that you are surrounded by caring thoughts and prayers...rest easy.
I agree with toothfairy on asking for advice.
Thanking of you and wishing you comfort
 
Good morning Fernie,
How are you doing today? Post when you can but remember we are all here for you and sending hugs and healing your way.
Toothfairy x
:puppysmooze: :kittykiss: :goodpost: :console2:
 
Hi, first week over. Juggled my meds a bit and cut them down a little bit, hoping my schedule now will be a bit easier. Think I'll have to live with the sickness til I'm off the strong stuff.

Hubby, bless him, is forcing me to eat, which I know is a major factor.

Think I may stay in bed all morning! Elevating and icing of course. It's a lovely morning here.

Hope everyone is ok. :thankyou: So much for your kind words and :friends:. It means so much to see a lovely Message waiting for me.
 
Fernie,
I hope things are going better for you and know that you are surrounded by caring thoughts and prayers...rest easy.
I agree with toothfairy on asking for advice.
Thanking of you and wishing you comfort

Hi Kim, thx so much for your support, I wish you all the very best for 18th and hope you have:flwrysmile: a smooth and speedy recovery.

I means so much to know my BoneSmarties friends care so much. Xx
 
Fernie,
I just went back and read some of your posts. I am sorry you are having some problems. Keep your head up it will get better. You will be in my prayers.
Roxanne

Thx Roxanne, I'm glad you are doing well. Does your knee feel like its in a plaster cast? I'm finding it gets stiff when I'm elevating as its so straight and then it's hard to bend again when I'm exercising. Guess its early days. On the whole it's fairly flexible I guess. Are your drugs ok or are you a bit nauseas at all? Can't seem to drink anything other than water, which is dull and making me feel like a fish ! :heehee:

Watch your back, I'm only wearing my sox at night and trying to be careful but it's hard as they are just so tight.

Do take care, you are in my thoughts. :friends: Fxx
 
Hello Fernie,
I am so pleased to see your post. Amazing that the first week is over. I know it has been a bit bumpy but you are doing brilliantly. :yay:
Hardly surprising you leg is a bit stiff when you consider what was done to it! :yikes:
Things will get better and better but you just need to keep remembering it is very early days and it will take time.
Rest, rest and rest. :sleep:
Big hug,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you Toothfairy,you are being fabulous. :angel:. You have no idea how much everyone's support is helping me, sorry if I keep repeating myself But I want you all to know !

Have you seen anything of Chinook? Not seen posts for a couple of days, will have a scoot around later on pre op. hope she is ok and not too nervous for Friday.

So, I'm enjoying being in bed today, hubby bringing me little snacks and meds etc. and so far, I feel less :sick: Than I have been. It will be great if I can cope on these reduced meds - looks like everyone's love and prayers and hugs have had some effect :ok: . Power of group thought eh? Blinking marvellous. :flwrysmile:

Going to docs Tom so they can check incision and redress iThink it needs another few days before dressing off completely.

Do take care, have a good day love Fx
 
Good Morning Fernie,
I am doing great. Yes my leg feels like a stick straight board. No bend to it at all. It is kind of frustrating. But I know in the end I will get my bend back. After the accident on the bike I expected it to be sore today and it is. The PT lady said if I am comfortable not using the walker, cane or crutches I didn't need them. I will take the walker with me when I leave the house just in case, but around here I don't I don't need it. I can not believe how good I feel. I do not have any problems with my meds and last night I over slept my dosing time and was three hours late in taking them so I took them when I woke up. I feel bad for you. I am doing so well and have no regrets getting this knee fixed. My sister-in-law is talking about leaving for home on Sat. so now I am getting worried about getting to my PT appointments as I can not drive. Now I will have to work on that. My thoughts are with everyone on this site and want to thank everyone for the encouragement. I am resting, elevating and icing. The ice is my best buddy. I hope it quits raining and we get some sun shine. I need some brightness right now.
Roxanne
 
Hello Roxanne

I am so pleased you are doing so well, I'm glad you are over the bike incident, it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it! I'm feeling a bit better today now I'm trying to eat a bit more and have ditched some of these terrible meds. Ihave a bit of bend but t really feels like a stiff board as you say. I'm really looking forward to going out to docs tomorrow, how sad is that? I'm sure you'll be ok when your sis in law goes home, it's been good of her to stay, you'll need to get as much prepped before she goes as still early days. It's so strange not being able to bend normally and I hope it isn't too far off. I'm ok with the ice but sometimes it just gets too cold!

Trust me when I say you are lucky your meds agree with you, I've been beside myself with it all.

So, what's next on the agenda for you? Is your PT far, can you get a ride? Take care, :friends:fernie xx
 
Hi Fernie, I'm glad to hear that you are doing a little better! It's nice that hubby is waiting on you a bit, that's sweet! It's nice to see that you are a little less:sick: , green at the gills, as they say! Be careful though in reducing the meds, go slow because if you reduce them too fast you will get some not so nice side effects! You are still very early in the game, so since you are going to the doctors tomorrow you might want to talk it over with him! I care and I would want to see you in additional discomfort!:console2:
 
Hi jacky, I'm feeling better and reducing meds slow, as I had terrible problems last year when I just stopped them suddenly, really thought I was going to die at one point ! I'm only taking the strong ones 3 times a day with normal paracetamol in between, I won't rush the ones I'm on, I need the pain relief now for another few weeks.

Thx so much for caring! I'm seeing the nurse Tom, couldn't get dr appt but if my Tum stays ok I'll book and see him next week for a proper check up. I think poor hubby is run ragged but actually it will do him good to see what I normally do In a week. Hes doing a grand job! Bless him.

How are you doing, what 7 months out now? :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Fernie,
I am so pleased to see you are feeling a bit better. You are so caring looking out for everyone else. :angel:
Take it gently and allow yourself to be looked after and thoroughly spoiled.
As you said your husband will have a totally different idea of what you do now! He sounds as though he is being very supportive so maybe you should give him a Bonesmart Family Supporter Medal ( another one of my inventions!)
Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, take it very easy.
First week over and a week nearer to total recovery!
Toothfairy x
:cheers: :flwrysmile:
 
Fernie,
I have to go to PT twice a week. I see the doctor next week and I believe he will remove the staples at that time. I can't drive so I will have to find someone to take me to the appointments. My daughter may come to stay with me a few days and brother said he maybe can come to stay. We will see. I am not to worried about caring for myself just getting to the appointments and to the store if needed. If I can't worry about something I guess I just can't be happy.(LOL) It is in Gods hands and he will decide what is best for me. His hand is in all of this. Yes I am so lucky everything is going so well. I never did lose my appetite. I still eat like a horse. The last surgery I had I didn't have an appetite for three weeks. Not this time I live for my next meal.
Roxanne
 
Dear toothfairy, I'm a great believer in what goes around comes around and treating others as you want to be treated and with everyone genuinely caring and looking out for me, the least I can do is check up and make sure they are ok. You yourself are great at posting and caring for the BoneSmarties family. Go Toothfairy! :ok:

My lovely hubby bought me, get this, heart shaped marmite on toast and apple juice in bed this morning. And just as we were leaving for tthe nurse, a delivery of red roses arrived as well :blush: Bless him.

Nurse, bit of a waste of time as surgery running over hour late and I was in agony, said all ok, half re Dressed and said it needs another week but looks like doing ok, she also surprised no clips used.

Doing okish on new med schedule but sometimes I feel pain starting to creep in a bit so I may tweak. Not Sleeping too bad but find when I do wake in night can take long while to drop off again. I think Dewey also had v bad :eeeuw: With meds so cut right back but finding PT a bit hard. I do what I have to this week and see how my PT is and may take a couple more beforehand if necessary.

Wow, what a busy morning for me. Also having first cuppa tea in about 4 days :yahoo:!

Not long for you now, have you thought what to take? Really don't need more than 3 or 4 nighshirts, undies, med docs (although I didn't need them), toiletry bag and other personal bits. Took some biscuits to have wth meds but didn't need them as all drinks etc on tap, just had to buzz waitress. Didn't touch kindle, just used iPad to update you guys, and phone. They even provided the little guest shower gel and hair net in my bathroom which made me laugh, more hotel than hospital in some ways.

this message is long and after my jaunt today I'm tires so think I'll have a snooze with my ice pack, obviously :wink:.

Hope you have a lovely day :flwrysmile:. Fernie x
 
rjanes. Hi Roxanne, glad all well, you are doing great, you'll see my update from above post to my antics today, It's hard to think this will be my life for the next couple months. Mind you, it's nice to not be dashing from place to place all day , it's ages since I've had proper time to myself. I think I will appreciate this more later.

So you have family who can stay and help and drop you around to appts which is good. Can you order groceries online for delivery to your home? I need to do a big order for nx week I think.

Yep, your doc should take staples after about a fortnight if all ok. God is certainly looking after you and I'm sure he will keep watching.

Take care and please keep looking after yourself . Fernie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie,

So good to find you. I thought i had you in 'watch' I have been looking for your posts. I am so happy you are doing ok. I am about to go to bed so only just saw this. Thank heavens you are ok :angel: Hugs coming your way. I have my op tomorrow so hope I am as well as you were. Big hugs. I have missed you. :friends:
 
Hi Fernie,

So good to find you. I thought i had you in 'watch' I have been looking for your posts. I am so happy you are doing ok. I am about to go to bed so only just saw this. Thank heavens you are ok :angel: Hugs coming your way. I have my op tomorrow so hope I am as well as you were. Big hugs. I have missed you. :friends:

Hi, I've just tried to message you, been wonderingwhere you were. Lots and lots of luck, big hugs winging their way down under. Missed you to. I'm doing ok now. Love Fernie xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom