Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Fernie WELCOME t the recovery side. You seem to be doing really well. Like you I couldnt have tramadol and so had the same co codamol and iburofen. Bet you are so pleased its all over and isnt it lovely just to see a nice straight leg. Try not to overdo it when you get home. Hope you have a lovely visit with your family. Take care now.:flwrysmile:
 
Well done Fernie!! It really is so helpful to read reassuring and honest posts from post op side of things, when you're still in a holding pattern t'other end! Really pleased that you are doing so well..keep up the good work, let us know your progress and remember to follow the bonesmart mantra!! Big hugs!! :puppysmooze: :ok: :: :friends:
 
Hi Fernie
So pleased for you that the op went well and your recovery has started so well. It all sounds good for you and lets hope it continues this well.
All the best.
 
Hi everyone, wow, I'm so glad I bought my iPad with me.Actually Pat, not having tramadol has meant that I've not been asleep all day either! I thnk they are on top of my meds now , even after a modest pt session, got about 70 ROM, for you number people, :) and a bit of pain for an hour or so as my meds were due. Then they kicked in and I went up and down stairs :egypdance: :egypdance:. Nethepan is the drug I'm taking between cocodomol by he way.

Even though it sounds like I've been busy, I've had quite a restful day and intend to continue like thIs, may go home tomorrow night or else Sunday morning.

As I keep saying its very early days and I'm determined to take the next few weeks really easy, but so far so good. Sounds like everything is in control st home as well.

They don't seem to be big on elevating here but I shall go home with my mantra firmly in place.

Big hugs to all of you, you can soooo do this . :yay:.
 
Hi Fernie, glad things are still going very well. You sound upbeat.
Take it gently and rest.
How are you doing with eating?
Hope you have a good night tonight,
Toothfairy x :goodpost:
 
Hi Fernie, I am very well thanks. Overawed with how well you are doing.
Take it gently and enjoy your visitors.
I am still in that place where you know it is going to happen but it doesn't seem quite real,
Hooray for Fernie,
Love Toothfairy x
:dancy: :happydance:

Hi toothfairy, it didn't seem real til I was actually here, but you will so be ok. This hosp is fab, with loads of great staff on hand constantly, they, like the bonesmarties, really do care! Just bought me a yummy omelette and ice cream for supper.

Have faith in your OS and everything will be fine... Lots of :friends: To you. Xx
 
Fernie, I am so happy to read your posts and just hope I can be as strong as you. I am glad you are not in too much pain. Wonderful and heartening news. Please do take care through especially when you do go home. That is great you even managed to sleep on your op side that really gives me hope. Hope you have a great day!! :flwrysmile: :friends:
Hi chinook, I'm glad my posts are giving you hope! Of course you can be strong.

Sleeping, I just put my right hand under my right knee to support it then tucked the left knee behind, was ok for a while, I really can't sleep on my back, I promise to take lots of care :angel: as have no time for relapse ! I'm lookingforward to chilling out at home. Fxx
 
Sounds like you are in a great hospital with good staff I think that really helps with recovery.

The Omelette and ice cream sounds yummy. I am not worried at all about sleeping now. Glad you are taking care of yourself.

Have you got help at home? I know I am lucky my husband is a great help and support to me. :SUNsmile:

It won't take long and you will be putting on your dancing. Take Care and so glad you are keeping us posted. :happydance:
 
Thank you Fernie and I am so happy for you and your recovery. You can't see me but I am doing a "happy dance" for you! :happydance:
 
Hi all, quick update

I can really say that the pain is very managable, they have a good dressing on my knee and even after physio which was, walking, stairs, heel slides and a couple others it was fine. Even had a shower, used crutches to lean then got one leg in and gentle followed with the other. Worked quite well. They are just sorting my going home kit and I'm outta here in a few hours as want to go home now. They are giving me 2 weeks of meds, then I'll go to GP for more, crutches,toilete riser, loads of steri strips and dressings plus tubigrip and a couple more packs of compression stockings. I can get underwear and socks on ok now and can bend down briefly if I have to.


The worst has been the nausea :sick: But I had an injection earlier and that's really helped and they are dropping the diflocenic for ibrophofen which should be fine.

Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Congrats on your transition to home! You seem to be doing so very well. I am pleased to hear that you are able to keep moving slowly and carefully and aren't feeling the need to rush or push anything. Keep it up and please keep us posted!
 
Well done Fernie, I wish you good progress now :).

I am surprised you have the dreaded white stockings to come home with, I had to wear them in hospital, but now they treat you in tablet form to stop blood clots, just one a day and no stockings was wonderful.

Sheila
 
Glad to see you are going home. Be a good girl and dont do too much. Hope the naseau (?) goes soon. You probably wont feel like eating much the first week. I didnt. Made up for it now tho. Take care x
 
Well done Fernie, I wish you good progress now :).

I am surprised you have the dreaded white stockings to come home with, I had to wear them in hospital, but now they treat you in tablet form to stop blood clots, just one a day and no stockings was wonderful.

Sheila

HelloSheila, they are blue actually :) And I've got to give myself an anti clotting injection each day for 6 weeks, I'm okwith that.

Said just to wear stockings when not moving about much, just as extra backup really.

How are you doing? :flwrysmile:
 
Congrats on your transition to home! You seem to be doing so very well. I am pleased to hear that you are able to keep moving slowly and carefully and aren't feeling the need to rush or push anything. Keep it up and please keep us posted!

Thanks forever gimpy, at the moment Imn not feeling any desire to rush or push or anything! Need to do exercises 4 times day plus upstairs to bathroom etc and they said that's plenty til I see PT in couple weeks.

Im doing ok, but gonna keep slow and steady and follow the BoneSmartiese way! :yay: Take care
 
Fernie, sounds like you're doing really well! Your bedpan story made me chuckle, great incentive to make it to the loo. So happy that you're going home soon. Take it easy!

Sharon
 
Hello Fernie,
I am so pleased that you are home. :egypdance:
You sound like you are doing very well indeed, keep taking it easy.
Hope the nausea is improving.
I am so reassured by your recovery thread. I know everyone is different but it is good to hear your news that all is well. You are keeping very positive, well done!
Three weeks today mine will be done too, woo hoo, looking forward to it. Well....looking forward to it being over and to be on the path to recovery.
I am fine thanks, having a busy few days, never enough hours in the day at the moment. Had a rough day at work on Thursday, spent Friday ( day off) fuming and writing reports and long detailed e mails then fuming some more.
Been looking at flooring today for the en suite which is in the process of being redone, probably won't be finished in time but we have a bathroom too so will be ok.
Tell me, have you got a shower seat or are you ok standing in the shower?
Take it gently my dear, enjoy being at home with your lovely husband and beautiful daughter and heal gently,
You are an inspiration. :yay:
Toothfairy x
:happydance: :cheers: :sleep:
 
I am intrigued by the reference to ' the bedpan story'......where do I find it?
Toothfairy x
:shrug:
 
Fernie,
It has been great getting to know you on the forum prior to your surgery and reading your posts afterwards has been very uplifting. If I am as half as good as you have been I will be happy. Hope you have some help at home.
Please continue to take it nice and steady, rest lots and follow the Mantra!!! :cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom