Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernie, I do hope your sleeping gets better and your pain to. I read through your posts quickly sorry we lost touch for a couple of days. I do still have you in my 'watch' list but am not seeing any of your posts come up.
Sorry about that:puppysmooze: Have a great day!!!
 
So good to have found you again I was so worried about you. Thank you for your good wishes. I am started to feel the nerves taking over a little just hope I can sleep :angel: :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
Chinook, I'll tag you so we keep intough. I've started a new thread, as you can see, in recovery.

Hope you have a good sleep. And look forward to hearing from you on the other side! Xxx
 
So good to have found you again I was so worried about you. Thank you for your good wishes. I am started to feel the nerves taking over a little just hope I can sleep :angel: :flwrysmile: :friends:

It can be hard to keep track! In hosp I wasn't too bad and had my trusty iPad to keep in touch. I'm sorry you were worried, it's lovely that everyone cares so much. Big hugs :friends:. Now :sleep:, big day tomorrow. Fx
 
Hi Fernie!

Oh, the stories we can tell about hospitals and recovery! You know, if all the BoneSmarties put their Brain power to work we could write a BoneSmarties "Lessons learned, and Journey towards Recovery!" That would be a best seller! So many great stories!

I am glad to hear you are starting to feel a little better after working on the pain med schedule. Hang in there! Everyday gets you closer to doing the things you have been putting off for so long! :happydance:
 
Hello Sonja, always lovely to hear from you! Can you imagine a BoneSmarties recovery manual? What a fabulous idea. :martini: I'll drink to that!

Totally zonked after nurse visit earlier so just icing and elevating :). I am hanging onto new med schedule and as long as I keep eating, it's hard!, fingers crossed, I'll be ok for now. At least I've got some in my pocket so to speak in case I find I need a couple more later.

Im glad to see thatyou are stil enjoying your training, it's good fun isnt it, when you get into it. Do take care. Fx
 
I bought a 30 lb workout rope FOR my trainer in exchange for several free training sessions! We had discussed it, and she said it was too expensive, but I caught one on sale at 50% off! I am psyched! I tried it out when I gave it o Fiesty Felice yesterday, and effortlessly did 2 and 1/2 minutes, of the short waves, tall waves, and medium waves! It works all of your upper body especially your triceps, biceps, shoulders, and back muscles! :happydance:

I tried to just give her the rope as a gift but she refused! So we exchanged workout time instead!
 
Sonja, I love those ropes on Biggest Loser but never had the chance to use one. I bet your trainer was really chuffed, lovely gesture.
 
What does chuffed mean?

I know today when I worked out and we used those ropes that I bought and I was gasping for breath, I thought "What in the World was I Thinking!" :rotfl:
 
I think, Sonja, chuffed means pretty much the same thing as "pumped". As in, "I got a full rotation on the bike and I'm so pumped."
 
Hello Fernie, I am so pleased to see you are a bit better. Week 2 is looking up.
What a lovely husband. You deserve the spoiling. Not good that you had such a long wait at the doctors surgery, ouch! :hissy:
Thank you so much for the packing ideas. I have been so hectic that I have not thought about it yet. Work is manic and very challenging at the moment. I finish work next week then have a week off before my op so I will get my head round it then.
Thank you for your very kind comments,
Have a good weekend and take it very easy,
Keep that happy smile,
Toothfairy x
:cheers: :happydance: :goodpost: :yes!:
 
One of the older members wanted to see me do my routine in it's entirety. He is a rascally guy, and I said, "Well if you can do the same workout I am doing, I will be happy to work out WITH you!" No excuses! He no longer wants to follow my workout! :shrug: :rotfl:
 
Hi toothfairy, I'm sorry to hear work is so hectic, you don't need that at the moment :sad: Will it all be looked after when you are off ? You don't need to be worrying about that whilst you are having your BoneSmarties style recovery :egypdance:.

Im ok, bit more pain today though as the nerves are coming back to life or whatever they are doing. Seeing dr on tues to discuss meds, she will know what to do as I think I'm gonna need a bit more of something to get through.

Had a rough night! Awake for hours then deep sleep from about 5, but I know this is just partof the early road.

Well I hope you have a nice weekend, mine will be more of the same hard partying! :yahoo:

Take care x
 
I'm glad you are going to see the Doctor to discuss meds! No need to be in pain! That doesn't help! Oh, and by the way, I don't know if they sell this in the UK or not so please excuse my ignorance if they don't, but there is a company called Nature Made, and they have come out with several types of vitamins that you can put under the tongue. Well at night, I pop a delicious chocolate mint melatonin in my mouth, and within 30 minutes, I am sleeping soundly! :sleep: My Mom had been tossing and turning for 4 years, since she lost my stepdad. She just never could get a decent night's sleep, so the other night I gave her a chocolate mint melatonin pill to try, and she said it was the best night of sleep she had in four years! The package looks like a container of fish food according to my hubby, but this is one fish that is hooked! :heehee:
 
Hi Fernie,
sorry your pain is worse. It seems to be a real juggling act getting the balance between enough pain control and nausea.
The night seems long when you can't sleep, poor you. :mcoffee:
I am fine, en-suite delivered today, hooray. It is in boxes in the garage but at least it is here. Plumber coming Tuesday to do some work.
Had two estimates for flooring, need to decide on colour now we have the tiles. The samples I have are all totally wrong for the room now I see the tiles so have ordered different ones.
I'm not worried about work, I will work flat out till I finish this week them I will walk away till I am ready to return. We are all totally dispensible, when I am not there someone else will have to get on with things. I will do my best to finish what I can and hand the rest on with clear instructions (control freak? ME????.....):whistle:
I have not been sleeping at all well this week, think I'm doing too much. From tomorrow I am going to try to come off caffeine and see if that helps.Worth a try. I like fruit teas and will try some decaff t bags.
Off out with a friend tonight to catch up which will be nice.
I hope you have a better night, sending some twinkle sleepy dust your way,
Toothfairy
x
Sweet dreams (wishful thinking...) :sleep:
 
Sonja, I'm loving the sound of those sweetie things, I'll have a look on Dr Google and see what I can find. To be honest, I'm not usually a bad sleeper and it's just so uncomfortable trying to sleep on my back, legs propped on a pillow, ice pak on my knee and full of nasty meds trying not to disturb my hubby who is an incredibly light sleeper ! Take care Fernie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi toothfairy, firstly, thx for the twinkly sleepy dust :sleep: I'll be sure to use plenty later!

Im pleased to hear your v healthy attitude with work. I've spoke to 2 colleagues, who are close friends, and not even discussed the office. Everything will be there when we get back.

I hope you hve a lovely time with your friend tonight, it's nice to relax and have a good chat.:martini:

Great news the ensuite is here, it'll be lovely for when you are recovering, gorgeous new bathroom.

I really like nettle tea or plain camomile. Actually the night of my op the nurse got some for me to calm me down. I'm really of normal tea at minute, v unusual for me. :mcoffee:

Take care. Fx:flwrysmile: :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom