Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. You have been a ball of energy. Pleasure to drop by your thread... you are doing awesome. Please don't forget to take some time for yourself.
 
Awesome Wonder Woman...but remember there lives within the body beautiful a new knee that requires your sympathetic attention at times. It is just that it is so new and has not yet been trained to meet the standards of a lifestyle as busy and demanding as yours. :thumb:

As leader of our peloton of novice riders :bicycle2: you know we often fall off and have to climb back on and get going again...and you dear friend are our inspiration :bicycle1: ...it's all so much trial and effort to find just what we need to do to find the right balance...it is good to be home and to know you are still out there...you are doing just fine. :egypdance:

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Wow. You have been a ball of energy. Pleasure to drop by your thread... you are doing awesome. Please don't forget to take some time for yourself.

Hi Barb, hello and thanks for dropping by, im glad you like my thread. :egypdance:

Thanks, I'm trying to get by in this never ending recovery, but as you can see, I have a full on life! I'm trying to fit in more rest time, now I'm back doing more hours at work.

Best wishes, Fernie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi gami it's good you are back, hope the boys isn't exhaust you too much :giggle:

Im ok, just been having an off day or two, lots of stuff, not just knee.

New week tomorrow. I'm struggl g to find the right balance, you are so right, it is hard. Still, we push on and sometimes :bicycle2: But we carry on.

Take care my friend, hugs Fernie x
 
livinginfl. Hi Kim, thx for post. At gym doing v low wEight leg press, so good for quads. Cross trainer :yikes: But really targets all muscles round knee, bit of bike, obviously :heehee:, then upper body stuff. Swim is lots of full leg stretches and water cycling and balance work on toes. I enjoy the water PT very much and hoping to go twice a week now.

How are you doing? Hope all well.

Yes, pizza was a moment of magic thinking:rotfl: Take care Ferniecx
 
Hello TF, pizza definitely a triumph idea, just couldn't stand up to cook anything decent so money well spent. Everyone even put their plates in dishwasher afterwards! They can come again!

You all make me laugh when you say I'm so busy, believe me, I'm way off normal full pelt, I'm conciously not doing too much and spacing out my outings still! :spin:
Sounds like you are feeling better after your Friday night shananigans :whistle:

I shall endeavour to do more trail blazing this week at work and share my experiences so you get a heads up, not that you'll take any notice :heehee:.

After my weekend of bimblng about and pottering around the house, I dont feel to bad and on doorstep of ODIC as oppose to sitting at my table with large G and T. :martini: Am hoping I'll only pay a visit on Tuesday,always my super busy day, and maybe I may rain-check the rest of the week, let's see, I really hope so....

Hope you are ok and enjoyed your Sunday ad river walk. Hugs, your Fernie friend.
 
Caught up with a friend who I hadn't since before my op....a lovely lady who had some years ago had a hip replacement...and who had offered me lots of encouragement pre-op. Yesterday as we chatted about post -op recovery she took my hand and said ...oh I hope you understand I just couldn't tell you back then how long your recovery would take...it is a long process ...but at the end it really is worth it. I didn't want you to even think about changing your mind...because life is so much better ...but it could take 12months...you just have to be patient.

So I have to be quite honest Fernie ..I didn't think it would take quite so long...and maybe I just wanted to believe I could make it all happen quicker...if I just tried a little harder. :happydance: Wrong.

But then we've learned a lot along the way already haven't we :beg: and hopefully we will be able to share that knowledge and help a few others who may be a bit unsure :scary: .

Hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
You'll be glad to know my Tuesday has been fairly restful, just pottering about indoors mainy after shop and couple errands. So, my Tuesday visit to ODIC was cancelled :yes!: :yes!: :yes!:

What a glorious day, looks like spring has sprung :flwrysmile:

Hope everyone has had a good day, Fernie x
 
Hello Fernie friend,
I am so pleased that you had a restful Tuesday. I have taken up the baton of hustle and bustle yesterday and today but I am now quite finished with it and plan to hand it back and have a gentle time the rest of the week.
I have been invited out on Thursday evening to eat and socialise but have politely declined as it will be a late night and eating late. Lesson learned oh wise one.
Is your water PT something physio advised you on or a program that you designed?
Have a happy week,
Toothfairy x :happydance: :egypdance:
 
Hello Fernie friend, happy Wednesday,
I hope all is going well in the crazy world of Wonder Woman, super mum and all of your other alter egos.
Take care,
Toothfairy x :rolleyes: :yes:
 
Hi Toothfairy been v busy back at work, just not finding time to post much now life getting back normal a bit.

Knee stiff and not exercising much as figure all the walking about is enough although I try to stretch out and massage scar twice a day. They laugh at work as when I'm chatting over a partition I always stand on one leg doing my physio and then I'll have a quick stretch against the wall and someone yells at me to walk about if I've not mover for an hour. Still finding lunches, ie trips to shops! I work one minute walk fromv large shopping Centre, v hard so have been sitting in as cant bear the thought of the walking around. Hoping for a little spend next week. :whistle:

Really thought I'd be more active at week 11. Managed to work til 4pm both days and nx is last week of staggered start. Have been v tired though but sleeping well. Appreciate nx 3 mths will be tough but it's hard as I want to do so much.

Will pop on your thread and see how you are. Hugs, Fernie xx
 
Hello Fernie, I guessed as much. It is a good thing as it shows that you are getting back to normal.
Can I ask what type of instant ice packs you bought and whether you found they were good. I am thinking of ordering some as I think we need to go to see poorly Father in law but it will be an 8 hour car journey plus stops. May have an overnight stop over but thought some ice packs for in car use would be a good idea.
Good job doing your physio at work. I agree that all your walking around counts as physio. Sounds to me as though you are doing well.
I have had a stiff sore knee day today? Swimming? It has been a busy week so been lying low today.
Feeling much better this evening. Have ventured back to slimming world this week so being good and eating super healthily. I am hoping to drop a bit more weight before knee 2.
How is your scar doing? Has the tenderness settled. My scar is very tender now, I remember you reaching that stage a few weeks ago. Sadly my scar is widening out, I tend to scar badly but it was really beautifully thin for ages. Not so good now but not too bad either.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Hi Fernie so nice to see that life is back in the fast lane (work) for you. Lots of unprogrammed exercise happening there I guess it will take a while for you body to readjust to the everyday things just like it did when we were first driving our cars again.
Yesterday I went kayaking and was out on the water for a few hours because it was such a beautiful day. It was a tidal creek so we did a lot of drifting...pure relaxation...just us and the seabirds and small fish and crabs that live in the mangroves. :yahoo: Knee was fine managed to even elevate it and give it a stretch when as I paddled.

However this morning my lower back is letting me know how many months its been since I've been paddling...bit like the foot on the accelerator. Just a bit of a reminder...no ODIC thankyou.. :wink: So my friend, I know you'll be fine over the next few days, weeks, months...you are moving around and it seems your co-workers have become your new support team...well done. :dancy: :yay: :ok:

Hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hiya TF, yep, swimming has an after affect !

Im using CoreIce packs from amazon, large.they are good and last 30 mins, which is ample. Now I only really ice and elevate about 8pm, although I put my feet up whenever I get chance on days off!

Sorry FIL poorly, where is he, Scotland?

My scar was v neat and is now wide, BUT, as is getting better is getting thin agin working its way up. At first I had about 2 inches which were great and now it's up to about 3, this is the year healing thing. I'm not too worried And waiting this out. Sigh. Need to keep the faith. It's still quite numb and the shin scar is sore when I touch it, rest not bad, not brilliant. Same old same old!

How will work be if you go back for a month or so and then take another 3 off again? I think you are amazing for getting no 2 done so soon, I really couldn't contemplate this, shame your OS wouldn't BTKR :bow:

nice to catch up. Fx :flwrysmile:
 
gami you are truly amazing! It sounds just so wonderful where you live. Kayaking so soon, get you ! :thumb:

Work is going ok but I'm extremely tired at the end of day and off to bed early, which is nice. Have a late one tomorrow though as school thing.

Keep up the great progress my friend, it's so lovely to hear. Hugs to you, Fernie x
 
Toothfairy sorry forgot to say, well done for getting back on diet, good luck. I've been quite good this week, weigh day tomorrow :shocked:. Think brain in right place for long haul. X
 
Thanks Fernie for the info and advice.
Work and knee 2, well given the choice they would rather I left it but they understand that my health comes first.
In some ways this is not a good time to be doing it with all the change that is happening but I have given them 100% for nearly 31 years with an exemplary sick record, lots of extra unpaid hours etc etc so for once I have decided to put my needs first. It won't come as a bolt from the blue as they know I need both done and hope to have number two done soon. I have not however gone back and emphasised that it will be soon in view of impending job interview. If I don't get a job it won't be an issue!
I am encouraged by your scar progress, mine might do the same.
Yes FIL is in Scotland, without meaning to sound unsympathetic he is 86 and in chronic very poor health so lurches from one crisis to the next, we have spent the last ten or more years on ' this is it this time' my husband trys to go up as often as he reasonably can and more now he is retired. It will be a long drive especially factoring in extra knee stops.
Thanks for the info on the ice packs.
Keep smiling,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :yay: :happydance:
 
Morning TF, I think thats the best approach regarding work. Wait and see what happens job wise and then let them know when you have a date etc. At the end of the day, you knee surgery wont matter if they want you to stay, they'll accommodate you. Good luck. Have a nice day, Fx
 
Hi all, sorry for not posting, had a busy weekend, been really tired and also got some nasty stomach bug, had to phone in sick today and hubby taken day off to look after me and get daughter to school etc. :sick: it's horrible :sick:

Spent time in ZODIAC of course. Now feeling shattered and not been up long.

So week 12 for me, still don't think I could manage Costco jetthugger :what: Ours is huge and I always get stuff I don't really need and spend a fortune ! :heehee: But I think it is designed for weak minded people :rotfl:

Have a good week all.

Fernie
 
Hi Fernie I guess the story doesn't change all that much whether we have just joined the peloton or have been riding with the pack for a while. As newbies we can pin point our specific aches and pains, they are the whole focus of daily existence for a while aren't they. Checking our meds, doing our initial training, religiously icing elevating, having our trainers check us out, chart our progress and encourage or admonish us for overdoing it :groan: :sos: ...there is literally nothing else for many many weeks.

The almost without realizing time has passed and we are part of the breakaway mob...and it's a different story..out there setting the pace...no-one watching over our shoulder, we can go as hard an fast as we like. :whistle:

Oh we do remember the basics we know how to look after ourselves we have learned so much about our bodies and about this recovery ride we are on. :bicycle1: The everyday pressures start to return, the expectations that we should be able to push just a little harder.....we forget it's Le Tour de Bonesmartie ... and it's a long long ride. The wise ones keep trying to tell us...they say hey you are doing just fine...but remember your body is still recovering, you know how easy it is to get tired...you can also pick up bugs easily...you haven't rebuilt all your strength yet. :bicycle2:

But hey whatever happens you 'are' doing just fine...still our Wonder woman...at anytime it's okay to rejoin the peleton and just cruise for a while.... like you are doing...a bit of rest and recovery will see you laughing again soon :rotfl: :loll: :heehee: .

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom