TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jetthugger they are MUFFINS and not Scones - i couldnt make a scone to save my life, always turn out like concrete :rotfl: ... Are you getting your own back for me calling your Woof a Cow? :rotfl: :heehee: :loll:

busy-ish weekend again for me unfortunately, little one has her clubs etc and out with inlaws for lunch. Sunday swim and PT sess then perhaps a bit of rest afterward. The whip will never be far away. its only Weds and i have Thurs and fri to get through yet, although Fri is looking quiet so far...

These cocktails do sound rather yummy.

i do think that when we are all walking and running about we should all meet up - we would have a very funny and good day.

Fx
 
Good morning busy one. I doff my proverbial hat to you managing to recover from your TKR while looking after a small person and having a social life. :cheers2:
I am hoping to make your delicious muffins today. Whether they will be delicious when I make them is another matter, I will report back later.
Meeting up is an interesting idea. I wonder how we would all get on in the real world. We are in this virtual world where we are all getting on like a house on fire but have not actually met, spoken etc. Would we be compatible in the cold light of day? :yikes: Maybe we would as we have this common bond and shared experience. :what: :shrug:

Enough of my early morning meanderings. Thanks for your advice about the leaving meal. Hope Friday keeps quiet for you. Book yourself some "me time" and get it in your diary.

Hope today is a good one for you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Hi all - busy day at the office, especially in the world of Wonder Woman!!!!

hope you are having a good morning and TF - use extra mature cheese as no salt in recipe, if you put lots of cheese on top it will all melt up lovely. It will look a bit horrific in the oven but when they are cooked and out they look v presentable, especially with lots of butter ! :shocked: .

Have woken up firmly in the ODIC - leg feels like its in a plaster cast from quad down to shin, very tight and stiff today and its meant to be week 10, yes week 10 !:yikes: how on earth did I get to week 10? obviously things are better than they were in the grim early days, but I really not think i've had my hallelujah moment where i'm throwing myself at the feet of Knee King in gratitude :bow: and giving praise to said Knee King :bow: for being so wonderful and pain free :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: . hhmmm.... will have to think about this.

I think that if we ever arranged a rendez vous, it would be a very funny day and we would laugh a lot :rotfl: . We have stuff in common apart from the knees, craft, working, baking, GSOH (good sense of humour, JH !) young ladies having TKR... anyway, now my turn to be meandering!

jetthugger (love the new Dragon, BTW (by the way! :rofsign: )

obviously you need to decide about the leaving do tomorrow and you'll know what you are comfortable with.

opps gotta dash ! Fernie x
 
Hi Fernie friend,
I don't know about "young women' only talking about myself of course. :umm:
I am sure you are right, maybe we should start planning the great TKR meet.
I have decided not to go to the leaving do. I get very tired in the evening. If it wasn't for the current job shuffle and looming redundancies I might have given it a go and had my husband collect me early if needed but in all the circumstances at the moment it just doesn't feel right so I have sent my apologies, of course I only mentioned tiredness due to my recovery. :whistle:
Thanks for the tips on the muffins, just off to make them now. Yippee.
Sorry your leg is poorly, probably your delux membership to the ODIC is a big part of that but what can't be cured must be endured. Can you use ice packs at work? Elevate your leg? Get people to come to you? Probably not. Do what you can.
Take care my poor buddy and do grab any rest time you can manage,
Big hugs and a basket of lovely flowers coming your way, not to mention the leg soothing calorie free chocs,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance: :dancy:
 
Muffins are in the oven, the mixture smells amazing.
Fingers and toes crossed.
Toothfairy, master baker :rotfl:
 
Smell good, feel light and fluffy, can't wait to try them.
Toothfairy x
[Bonesmart.org] 2 straight legs? Check!
 
Hi TF , yes have ice packs at work and specially designed knee/ leg rest.

Think leg better as I was leaving but I made big effort to try and stay chained to desk pretty much. Did soe good stretches and almost, just almost at zero. Have 12 days to perfect before see physio again.

Saw someone at Work today, from an overseas office, and they had lost a lot of weight since I saw them last summer.it gave me a real wake up call and reminded me I use to have hip bones :rofsign:.

I think its right not to party tomorrow night, wise choice.

Hhmm I'm sure my duluxe, double platinum membership is not helping matters, but it's how things are now and planning a fairly quiet day TomI although I need to clean house top to bottom as visitors on sat and dust will not do! Can you just hear the club cackling with my lack of self control? :heehee:

Need to dash, got PTA meet soon.... No rest etc.

Hope you have had a good day.

Thx for huGs and flowers and choc ! You are kind. Fx
 
Thank you so much for the recipe wise one, they were absolutely delicious. I will print the recipe and stick it in my favourite recipe book.
You know the one that has pages with suspicious stains on it! :shrug:
You sound really organised at work with ice packs and leg rest. I am impressed. Glad your leg improved throughout the morning.
Good work on improving your straightening, Go Fernie :yes!:
Take it gently with the housework, only do the bits that you NEED to do.
Sleep well,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Ah Fernie,
Sorry to hear that you have been spending time at the ODIC, we need to find a better Club for you to hang out at, this one is just not good for you my friend. All kidding aside, I am sorry to hear that you been having knee pain. I tell you sometimes it is just hard to find that comfort zone.
I hope today you awake with less stiffness and discomfort. Take care of yourself, if your visitors are coming in the evening, use candles, dim the lights and they will not see any dust. :egypdance:
Wishing you some rest and comfort in there Wonder Woman.
 
THanks toothfairy... Visitors here Tom and I'll just do what I can and hubby can do rest tomorrow. House looks Bit grim as not had proper everything out clean for ages.

Did som food shopping, a big shop, and I'm wiped now. Got some home Working, few chores then feet up tIL 3. Just having cuppa and checking in.

Got the blues today, silly things manifesting, knee and life in general, really think I'm having a mini mid life crisIs :sad:. Knee really getting me down, just so stiff and tight constantly, real big effort to try and not limp and I cannot see light at the end of tunnel.

Hope you have a good day, look after yourself and enjoy yourself later.

Fernie x
 
Bless you, big hug. Have a good old weep :boohoo: then some chocolate and a cuppa. You have earned it.
Horrible when you have one of those days when everything is just too much. :sad:
Our house is looking grim too, my husband is in charge of housework as he is retired but of course doesn't do much while doing DIY. I am keeping bathrooms and kitchen hygienic but the rest, nuff said.
I would love to do it all but realise it would all end in tears.

Sorry your knee is feeling so angry, it is probably needing more time elevated and resting but that is not easy for you to do. Maybe lay off the exercises for a couple of days, just do gentle stretches and rest as much as you can fit in.

You are bound to be frazzled, back at work, after school clubs, school run, weekend outings, visitors, intergalactic missions, cooker consultant etc etc etc,
You are exhausted and sore. It is not good, you have every right to feel bleugh.
It will get better, hang on in there, we are here for you,
Biggest hug in the world,
Very sympathetic Toothfairy x :console2: :console2: :console2:
 
Ah Fernie,

So sorry to hear that everything is building up. It is a hard emotional journey, not including what you have been doing the last few weeks, my friend with the stress from work, being a wonderful mom, plus entertaining. That is a lot including your pain and stiffness.

Have a good cry and if you can take some Fernie time with no exercise, I hope that will help you during this rough time.

I am hoping tomorrow will come with some rest and relaxation time just for you and may your knee be kind to you. Take care, my friend and wishing you better days ahead,
 
Fernie i know you are joking calling yourself Wonder Woman but in reality you are. You have gone back to work, have a little one to look after coping after a major operation and spend half your time on here cheering everyone up. How you do it I will never know. Im just about coping post op 6 months just doing the grocery shopping and very little housework. im amazed you have done so well. Sending you lots of special hugs, and hope you have a nice restful weekend which you so much deserve.
 
Hi Fernie,

I was just thinking of you. Want to wish you a good night, may your sleep be uninterrupted and may your knee find comfort and tomorrow a better and brighter day.

Sleep well my friend.
 
Good morning my Fernie friend,
I hope today dawns bright and shiny for you and that those blues have left you today. :)
It is a sparkly day here, a day to make your soul sing.
Have a lovely weekend and rest that weary leg as much as you can,
Hugs Toothfairy x :egypdance: :console2: :flwrysmile:
 
Fernie hope you feeling better and having a restful weekend before the back to work routine starts again. Take care x x
 
Hello lovely ladies... :angel: :thankyou: For your cheery words Toothfairy robynhood livinginfl

I soooooo appreciate you stopping by to wish me well and check in when I am out of sorts :cheers:

Well a busy day yesterday and still feeling maudling. Having lunch with a good friend soon and hoping can work through some of the head mess up stuff.

Decided to order pizza for tea yesterday for visitors :whistle: :blush: With shop bought desserts, best decision of the week! :egypdance: :loll:

I can now add gym-bunny again, to my wonder woman reportoire. :dancy:.

Yes Pat, it certainly does all start again tomorrow. I've got an especially busy week actually. But I will rest whenever I get chance.

I hope everyone is having a good day, take care, hugs and flowers , Fernie xx
 
Hi Fernie gym bunny, :yikes: I am exhausted just reading about everything you do!
Ordered in pizza , shop bought desserts , what a good idea, even super woman needs a break, you used your super smart thinking powers there. I am proud of you.
Take it easy when you can and enjoy as much as possible of the rest,
Hugs coming your way, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Fernie,

I certainly agree with Toothfairy, you are amazing! Good thinking in regards to the pizza, that really helped you out in so many ways :yay:

Lunch with a good friend can sometimes be the cure we needed.

What are you doing at the gym, in 2 weeks PT will be done and then they will be setting up a gym program.

Hope you have some rest and relaxing moments today Fernie to help you thru a busy week
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom