Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my Fernie friend, how are you doing?
Hope you enjoyed your theatre trip and had a lovely swim.
Are you off to the land of work again tomorrow?
Hope you have fitted in some rest to your hectic schedule over the weekend.
I have given myself a telling off. I have been getting very competitive with myself over the exercise bike trying to go a bit further each time. Hence the 12 km. I have decided to stick to 5 km.
I had an off day yesterday, not particularly knee, just generally feeling off. It was because I had stayed up too late the night before so last night I was in bed by 9pm. Felt much better today.
I am still doing lots of resting and knitting. Had a nice walk today to visit a friend and deliver a birthday gift. Stayed for a nice cuppa before walking home via the chocolate and newspaper shop.
Have a good week,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
:friends: Hi toothfairy o fluttery one. Hmmm little visit to the ODIC eh? :bicycle2:. Hope you are feeling better now you've had time to rest a bit, so easily done, such guaranteed membership...:sigh: :what:

I think 5 k is plenty when done regularly,plus the other pt stuff you are doing. Don't forget all the walks count
As well.

Theatre was v good, another kids thing from tv, had lunch before and the whole trip was much better than last week, think I've gotten a bit stronger perhaps. I did have a full on week and this one will be tougher but I'll take it in my stride.

Not posted much this weekend as been so tired, have been reading and checking in though, just not energy to type much! Yourpost count is huge by the way! :thumb:

Swim pt was lovely, did 30 mins, probs a bit too much stretching etc, and I'm suffering now! Just as well I took up permanent residency to the Club last week. :loll:


I think Alison is right to plan a nice easy return, it's amazing how much it takes out of you. You'll be planning going back soon enough. A least youboth have some time to prepare and get lots of rest in.

jetthugger

Will pop recipe up soon TF .

I need a snooze before my marathon week begins take care, hugs,

Wonder woman extraordinaire !

Fernie x
 
:happydance:
I will try and be a trail blazer for you, fairy and the others with regard to this :egypdance: and show you the path!

Will add trail blazing to my To Do list, after wonder woman duties.....:sigh: Fernie x

Toothfairy

Hello Fernie friend,
No pressure there then, tour leader, Wonder Woman, trailblazer. Such is the life of a working woman.
I hadn't noticed my post count. Signs of a mis-spent recovery?
I am feeling much better today, rested and at one with the world. It's is so easy to overdo it, a little bit of this, a pinch of that and a twizzle of the other and before you know it you are magically transported into the club with the doors firmly locked behind you. :hissy: :hairpulling:
I am pleased your trip went well and you are feeling stronger.
I am not wanting to think about going back to work yet. Partly this because everything at work is in such turmoil and will be till all the jobs have been allocated and those without jobs have left.
If the next few weeks go as fast as the last 6 I will be back in no time.
I have physio and consultant this week so that's two days taken care of.
Have a great week, hope it is not too draining,
Take care,
Hugs, TF x
 
Fernie!! Mother, wonder woman, trail blazer & all round superstar! :happydance: :dancy: :spin: :yay:
I will pootle off to my doc at the end of the month & scrat another 4 weeks off him. :bow: Advice taken!
Felt a little guilty when I met a work colleague on my skulk around sainsburys this morning :sorry: :blush: She told me I looked really well & we chatted for a few minutes, all the time I thought 'I'm supposed to be off sick' ..... Gulp!! :cry: :doh: :shrug:
I'm so glad you've turned a corner in your recovery, I'm at the zinger stage :groan: I think Toothfairy had zingers at about four weeks out. Did you get them? Cutting tramadol wasn't a good idea, Gort convinced me it's still too early & so I think I will leave it another week! :yikes:
Really hope this week goes well for you Fernie and the doors to the ODIC remain closed to you! :puppysmooze: :snork:
 
Morning, forgot about tour leading for a minute there. Thought I'd drop a quick post before school run :angel:

Tf yes,total mis spent recovery :whistle: But you know, I've really enjoyed my time on here, I'd never do anything like this normally and it's been fun getting to know everyone and really have people who understand what is going on. I hope work sorts out and you get what you want, sometimes these things give us a brand new path in life which we would otherwise not take. Hugs...

JETT. I steered clear from Everywhere that colleagues may see me, trust me, they will not understand how you can trott round sainsburys but not go to work.

Yes, still get the odd zinger. Actually leg v stiff and swollen already and I've not left the house yet! Could be a long day.... Sigh...

Anyway ladies, mothering, schoolrunning, working, trail blazing, tour coaching, wonder woman ing and other stuff as well. Just another normal day for me then in the life of Fernie. :egypdance: :dancy:

Hope you enjoy your crochet and knitting..... Please don't over do it now......:whistle: :heehee:

Fx Toothfairy jetthugger
 
Good luck Fernie the amazing and incredible :bow: :bow:
Hope the knee king will be understanding today. Take it easy at work.
I totally agree with you about this forum, not usually my sort of thing either but this is just what we need and keeps us going and reassured.
Must get my exercises done, short journey on my bike today, promise.
What a grey day.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :happydance: :dancy:
 
Fernie,

I hope your day was not too long or hard, with the Zingers and your swelling before you even left the house. Are you able to prop it up, or rest the knee while at work? I know it has to be hard to get up for this and that, maybe more movement then the knee wanted that day.
I hope you are able to find a moment this evening for you and your knee.
Just wanted to say thank you again and I wish you the best this week,
 
:yikes: yesterday another MU without the A :yikes: !!! simply sat on a chair that was too low and didnt realise - leg simply jarred and bent ! :boohoo: Upped all meds for the day.....

Got a busy morning but hoping to have a little rest... after all, a super hero's work is never done....

Fernie x
 
OUCH, Fernie! :gaah: :tantrum: That had to really hurt.
Sorry to hear that and I hope it did not irritate those zingers. Boy, the King Knee is very loud and clear when it is not happy. I truly hope you will be able to find some rest today.
Please be careful today, my friend
 
Oh dear :yikes: Poor Fernie friend, just what you didn't need with your hectic schedule.
I hope it settles soon.
I love your new avatar! You are looking very fit and toned. :heehee:
Take it as easy as you can in your busy life saving galaxies,
Hope you get that much needed rest, how was your physio today?
Hugs, TF x :yes: :bicycle1:
 
Ouch! Our super hero friend, no more self manipulations allowed!! I hope that you don't have any major adverse reactions to your low seat yesterday! Glad to hear you increased your meds and hope that your world will help you take it easy for a bit.

I hope your boss and co-workers are supportive now that you've explained that you are not returning to full time yet. If they only knew how much more you are doing than many of us here on the boards who are always trying to remind you to do less! :heehee:

Please take care, even super heroes need a break every now and again - or else they'll be no good to help save others in need!
 
Hello all - glad you like the new avatar - thought it was time for a change to reflect my new lifestyle and status. Also a great way to drop 50lbs instantly - she's looking good eh ?:rotfl: :whistle:

knee king responding v well to nice strong meds and not been to bad. A friend came over earlier and only just gone, actually it forced me to sit still for 2 hours so that was quite good.

Physio was good TF. am doing a few more different spot toning things and she is pleased. Says MU-A yesterday nothing to worry about and I must take care ! (in a nice way!).

Thanks Sarah, yes my boss has been told that I am not in charge of my return to work schedule, for I am merely a humble subject of the Almighty Knee King and his command and every word must be obeyed. :heehee: .

After squeezing into this basque and hot pants, I need a month off! :rofsign: Fx
 
Hi Fernie! Impressive cleavage!! :rotfl: :heehee: :loll: I'm sure your boss would agree to anything if you went before him in that get up!!!
Low chair huh? Will put that in my little book of 'what ifs' & thank you for being an unwitting pioneer of pitfalls. :shocked:
Hope you get to take it slow & steady, advice that we all happily ignore to our peril. The knee king knows no mercy!!! :yikes:
Them there zingers!!! Just got started experiencing those little suckers the other night!! Had Gort jumping around & flinching with spasms - feels like your hooked up to the Frankenstein table & every now & then lightning strikes!!! :yikes: (am I being a bit of a drama queen now? :whistle: :heehee: )
Take care of yourself, my Fernie friend :puppysmooze: :friends:
 
It's funny how we have all changed our avatars as our journey has continued? Forget the cleavage, check out that 18inch waist :spin:. I'm sure my boss, who is incredibly PC would just if I was cold if I wore that! :rotfl:.

Am glad we are all loving the new look. :happydance:

Well as part of my trail blazing duties, it is only correct that I share my back to work experiences so that you can laugh, ooh and ahh, and no doubt ouch and wince and then, indeed, ignore them all and find out yourselves, the hard way :giggle: When it is your turn to face the brave world of work post TKR.

Know what you mean about Frankensteins table :loll:

How is the tour training going? Lovely day for it.

I know we don't discuss numbers, butI had 120 ROM and 0.5 extension, -1 with help. :thumb:.

Having said this, knee is now v sore and bleeting for some ice.... Best go. Fx

:friends::yay: jetthugger forevergimpy Toothfairy
 
:dancy: What fabulous numbers my dear - it's certainly worth celebrating your progress! I hope you listen to those noises from your knee and ice and rest is at the ready!!

Thanks for always blazing the path for us and reporting back! We will do our best to learn from your teachings. :rotfl:
 
How is the knee today Fernie? I hope it is doing better for you today.
Since we do not talk numbers, I will whisper this to you, congrats on your progress, good for you :angel:
Take care today, off to PT
 
Thanks Kim, knee sore, needs a proper rest, which I probably not manage until ? Goodness knows when. I just want to sleep for a week with no interruptions. :sleep:.

Hope you are ok. Fernie
 
Toothfairy cheese muffins

125g of white self raising flour
125g of whole meal self raising flour
80g shredded cheddar
1 egg
60g melted butter
200ml milk
2 teaspoons French mustard
Extra grated cheese for topping
Mixed herbs optional
Finely diced onion optional

Oil 12 hole muffin tin and set oven to 200c.
Sift both flours together into large bowl, add cheese.
Combine egg, melted butter, mustard and milk and add to mixture.
Stir gently with fork til all ingredients are just moistened, do not over stir.

Spoon evenly into tin and sprinkle with cheese.
Cook for 15 to 20 mins. Serve warm or great on picnics .

Enjoy.
 
Fantastic numbers super slinky Fernie, congratulations to you. :egypdance: :dancy: :happydance: you are a true superhero.

I am glad the tablets are easing your knee.

Thank you very much for the muffin recipe.

I have had a good day, really tired now so off to bed,
Night night,
Hugs Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Ok, so now I'm going to HAVE to go into the kitchen to make those delectable scones! I may split the recipe & make half cheese scones & half sweet raisin scones, just to feed my abominable sweet tooth & send hubby out for some clotted cream! Mmmmmm......
It will soon be the weekend and you can put down your sonic whip, park the invisi-plane & hang up the WW outfit, put your feet up & join the NDATW club!!! (Not Doing Anything This Weekend!) - will have a cocktail waiting for you..... :martini: :heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom