TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello TF, read your post. You've just said you've been over doing it and then say you are going out again and doing more exercises! :heehee: Poor you. I know how you feel. Reading on your own thread, you really do seem to be an awful lot of exercises for 5 weeks. Way, way more Than I was ever given, in fact, more than I have now! Do take care with it all.

I made my first bus trip, just 20 min into town, to see a short kids show, quick cuppa then back again. Boy, I feel more shattered than I have in ages. Did acouple flights stairs, bit of walking to and from stops, really not much and all I could think of was getting home to ice! My jeans rubbed my scar, bit of ouch, sitting down made leg ache. How on earth can I go to work Monday?

I currently feel to sore to do set of PT, just want to sleep!

Gggrrrrr :gaah:


Hugs, Fernie x
 
Hi Fernie,
Poor you. Hope you are sitting with your feet up and a soothing ice pack on your poor aching knee.
You will just have to take it very slowly at work and take those ice packs with you.
Hopefully your gentle start will let you ease back in.
It is a scary thought leaving the recovery bubble where you are allowed to rest.
I have had a brilliant day, we went to the seaside and stopped off on the way home for a spot of retail therapy.
I feel so much better after my trip out.

I made my first bus trip, just 20 min into town, to see a short kids show, quick cuppa then back again. Boy, I feel more shattered than I have in ages. Did acouple flights stairs, bit of walking to and from stops, really not much and all I could think of was getting home to ice! My jeans rubbed my scar, bit of ouch, sitting down made leg ache.

That sounds like a busy trip, I presume you had at least one child with you which adds to the fun. Don't underestimate it, walking, bus, stairs, sitting. Miserable to have your jeans rubbing, that is really horrid. :sad:

Have a rest to night. Have you got a quiet day tomorrow?
Hugs, much cheerier Toothfairy x
 
Hi toothfairy, seaside sounds lovely, I wish I lived nearer. I'm glad you had a good day.

I could quite happily just sit about at home, but with little one I have to keep her busy. Never mind, I'll be ok.

Im finally going for my swim in about 20 mins, then v quick and small grocery shop as en route. Then I think cinema later but definitely by car . Had quite enough of buses for now. Even hubby said I lob walked too far yesterday, but honestly, I'd do 10 times that amount normally :sad:.

Im glad you are feeling more chipper and beating the 5 week blues :yes!:. It's good we are different stages so can help each other, else I'd think we'd never believe we can get through this. I keep reminding myself that it's a good 6 months before I'm feeling normal and I'm just over third there :gaah:. But it's ok, I think!

Have to make a list of stuff to take tomorrow, got eggs to pass on from supplier, bday gift, ice packs, tons of paperwork, laptop, me ! I intend just saying hello, I'm in a v big team over 3 floors, so that should take up most of my time :heehee: Might not get chance to loggon even :rotfl: if I walk slowlyenough !

Swimmin calling , will report back later. Have a good day fluttery friend Fx
 
Good morning my Fernie Friend,
Hooray for swimming. I will be really interested to hear how that goes. I am hoping to go swimming very soon as my scar is looking good. One teeny tiny bit that I am slightly uncertain about, probably ok but I am being super careful.
Is it a family film at the cinema? :egypdance: :dancy: :happydance:
Enjoy your day.
Sounds like you will need a removal truck to get to work tomorrow. Is there the option of a lift between floors if you need it? Hope they don't overwhelm you with work tomorrow. Keep one eye on the clock and before you know it you will be back home with a soothing ice pack.
I will be thinking about you tomorrow and hoping all goes really well. I know it is scary but you will be fine.
Hugs coming your way,
Toothfairy x
 
Hello toothfairy, swim was GREAT, the perfect way to do PT. but,it's a big but, I knew about half wy though that it would hurt later and it did and still does,proper hurt ! Ive started to use a bit of ibrophofemn gel as well and that has helped, am adding it ino my daily med count as well.

My mini shop turned into a full weekly shop :gaah:, never mind.

Cinema was The Croodes, family film, v funny, Nicholas cage is fab as main voice over.

I flatly refused to be overwhelmed with work tomorrow and will make a run for it if they do.

I cannot believethat 9 weeks have gone by already , that's so scary. TF, youll be back before you know it as well. I'm apprehensive but appreciate ths is a major step in my recovery process and that's good. I think when we are in the middle of the bubble, you really forget that TKR is only a snapshot of our lives, a tiny period. Even though the early weeks last forever. The whole thing is just a process so we can get back to our wonderful lives and keep trucking on and make he most of the time we have. I've been watching loads about space and universe this weekend and our lives so short it's incomprehensible, listen to me, I'm off again ! :heehee:

I digress, yes, we have lifts and I certainly will be using them.

Ill bop over to your thread to see what you've been up to.

Ill post tomorrow. Am all set and ready to go. Hugs. Fernie xx
 
Good luck tomorrow Fernie but I am sure you will have a lovely day catching up and for once your knee won't be the main focus. Take care and don't do too much x x
 
I am pleased that you have had a great day today. Hope you don't suffer too much after your swimming.
I am avoiding all thoughts of going back to work at the moment, I am not ready to think about it yet.
The time is going so quickly.
Your morning will flash by and before you know it you will be home feeling good that you have re- engaged with the real world but pleased that you have a breather before you do it again.
Must go to sleep, I am whacked tonight,
Good luck with the world of work,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Good afternoon my working friend. How was it for you?
If is any consolation I knuckled down to read all my paperwork about reorganisation and job cuts etc today and also dealt promptly with a request for a reference.
I am tuckered out now.
I hope they were very gentle with you at work today.
A nice day relaxing for you tomorrow I hope, give that knee some rest.
Well the ironing calls, just a little pile but I can ignore it no longer.
Catch up soon, Toothfairy x :happydance: :SUNsmile:
 
Hello all, quick update as Im shattered, again!

It was good to be bak a work and catch up with my boss and everyone. He is being good and happy with my return schedule. Things are busy, but I think I'm getting graCe this week.

Lasted til about 1.45 then was literally dragged to lunch, against my better judgement, and regretted it. My friend couldn't understand that a quick 5 mins walk, after my morning, was like doing 5 miles. She just didn't get it. Never mind, I should have said no. I was sooooo glad to collapse in the car.

Had to detour on way home, eventually in at 6pm after leaving home 8.45 :beg: Straight to freezer for ice.
My, what a long day, but I did it! Def feel I've taken the next step with recovery.

Thanks to you all for your support. You are all brill.

Day off Tom, although busy! Should be ok.

Fernie :sleep:
 
Fernie...congratulations :yay: :yay: you survived day one..it was always going to be another steep learning curve wasn't it. Day off....great planning, recovery day definitely needed after such a big shock to the system. :friends:

But hey, you did it and you have moved into a new space in your recovery...sure it will take a little time to get adjusted see what works and what doesn't for you...lunches hmmm sounds like they might be a bit difficult but only for a while then you'll be socializing just as before. :cheers:

We are all praying that the wisdom you have accumulated about your body during these last months helps you del with the days ahead. Just take it easy, remember, no sprinting just yet.

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning dear Gami, thank you. It wasa quite a day and I'm suffering this morning.

The going back to work stage is always going to be hard, got physio, again, soon and need to pop to dr or new cert. Friend over later, will get as much rest as I can and no lunche outing tomorrow.

My friend kept saying no pain no gain etc and wouldn't accept that a few more yards could push me over edge.

Still, I've leaned that at least ! Have a good day. Fx
 
Hi all, hope everyone has had a good day knitting, swimming, tour training etc :heehee:

Thanks your kind wishes for my return to work yesterday. I'm still in pain and preparing to do it all again tomorrow ! Am planning a much more restful day though and will say as close to my desk ad poss! :wink:

Will keep you posted.

:flwrysmile: Fernie
 
Morning! Well I'm v glad my first week back is over. It's amazing how doing so little,comparatively, hurts so much. Even the simplest thing like walking from car to office, usually about 5-6 mins, seemed to take ages and every step on hard pavement hurt!

Am v glad I did it though. Fernie :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Fernie Friend,
Congratulations on your return to the world of work. You did it. :yes!: :yes:
Your muffins sound scrummy. What sort of cake did you make? I love cooking and baking.
Hope you have a restful day tomorrow, maybe some time to yourself before the weekend?
Take care,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2:
 
Well done Fernie...
:yay: :egypdance: :spin: time to relax and recoup before you front up again and do it all again...each time a little wiser, a little stronger...but keeping in mind always as the Sages have said....early days...just go easy on yourself. :yes!:

I heartily agree about walking around on hard surfaces...I went shopping with youngest grandson the day after we arrived...too long, not a smart move...recovery day today. :puppysmooze: No puppies just buckets of love from the boys and a visit from a rock wallaby with a joey in her pouch to bring a smile to our faces over breakfast. :yay:

Our sons property backs onto bushland and national park and the native vegetation as well as garden flowers attract the wallaby family. :yahoo:

Have a good weekend hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
gami this sounds fabulous, how lucky to have this in your backyard.

If I'm lucky, where I live I can see squirrels, lots of foxes, woodpeckers and parakeets, which are a stunning green. I back onto woodland. Lots of birds in the gardens.

Glad you are doing ok, take it easy though and pace yourself! You are 2 weeks behind me, you are doing sowell.

Hope all the boys behave :) Catch up soon.fx
 
Wonder Woman, Fernie your backyard animal watching sounds lovely. I live in a very suburban area and all I can see out of my back windows are the houses behind us.

I hope you were able to relax a bit and are ready to take on the roll of work and bus runs too. I know as soon as I'm ready to drive again, I'll be doing the school runs too - although I think I have at least a week or so before that will happen.

Have a great day!
 
hi TF - how goes?

i use to bake and cook much more but TBH, lately, i've not got the energy. I have to down to peel veg now and standing baking and pottering in the kitchen for an hour yesterday took it toll.

Its the day to day, stuff that we shouldnt even think about, that is starting to get me down.. I just want to up and run and get on with my life but its not happening, or rather it is but with permanent ODIC involved. :-(

Been out this morning, just catching up on some work :whistle: and have another friend over a bit later. Had to do some chores etc.. nothing is getting done unless I'm doing it again. have given up a bit on that front.

tomorrow, clubs start again and another theatre trip - this time i'm prepared and will take a different approach to last week, one that does not involve buses and too much walking!

sunday, hoping to have a quick swim/PT pool session. then work on Monday and back to 3 day week, although i am determined i'll be leaving at lunchtime.

oh yes, and super hero work to fit in as well. :what:

hope you are having fun and have a nice weekend.

Fernie x
 
Hello Fernie friend and gami your back garden wildlife sounds lovely but Gami wins for the most exotic. Like Sarah forevergimpy my house is pretty urban although we do have woodland and countryside nearby.
Our main garden wildlife consists of obese pigeons and lazy and contented cats, mainly other people's as our cat is old and lazy and is usually asleep indoors these days unless the sun is shining.
Enjoy your theatre trip, what are you seeing this time?
I am envious of your swimming. I still have this tiny bit of unsealed scar(1mm). I will ask the physio on Tuesday and the Consultant on Wednesday about whether I can swim yet. Enjoy the pool.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :yay: :bicycle1: :bicycle2: :bicycle1:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom