Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TF - yep, I'm hanging in there. Dont think theres much the GP can do in terms of meds, hopefully i'll be off them soon enough.

I need to get back to work I think, I'm sure i'm ready and will just maximise the half days if I'm struggling.

I appreciate that I'm really doing quite well, but its just the whole slog of it all !!!

Hope you are doing well Pixie one. Catch up soon. Thanks for your lovely words as usual...

Fernie x
 
Perhaps our peloton has reached a staged rest stop...even Le Tour riders do that don't they...time off girls to refocus..no not on our knee...because we know our knees are getting better as TF said just look how far we have already come. perhaps it needs a little walk down past postings to realize the fact...we are healing. :ok:

Another thing we now for sure is that our 'trainers' have been telling us since day one...this is a long ride and regardless of how hard we try we cannot make our individual knees heal any faster :beg: Oh we have all tried..haven't we sometimes knowingly sometimes without even thinking about it...but their words have been true and we have had to join the ODIC for a few days. :sorry: :sorry: We've all got honorary membership it comes with being human and is enhanced by our desire to see the ride over as quickly as possible. :bow: :bow: :bow:

But remember we are special :cheers: it required courage to have our ops...now we know so much more about our bodies than those round us...and we have learned and are learning each day that this is a ride that rates among the hardest we could embark upon. :bicycle2: But we have found the ultimate support crew and we have access 24/7 to the combined love, support and knowledge of all those who have taken this journey before us :yay: :egypdance: :spin: and they are watching and listening and ready to guide our every move. :yes!:

I get down because my knee swells as soon as I get out of bed, I get tired and frustrated because I can't do the things I want to do, or think I should be able to do, I get fed up with the insensitivity and ignorance of those around me and the expectations that I should be doing more then I am. The stories.. the endless comparisons of quick recoveries all wrapped is soft well-meaning words make me question ...am I trying enough, should I be doing more. :scratch: :skep: :sigh: What was the latest ill thought comment...'well some people just enjoy playing the invalid'... :gaah:

So i come here to the place where understanding lives, where you are, where we share our moments of triumph along with our failures where we can take time out and just be who we are. ...Bonesmarties ..on the recovery ride. :bicycle1: :bicycle1: :bicycle1: everyday getting a little bit stronger a little bit wiser another step closer to just being able to get on with our lives without our knees demanding to be the focus of our attention.

That day will come dear friends...but maybe we just need a triple dose of PATIENCE to help us on our way. :friends: :flwrysmile: :angel: :friends: .

Sorry if I am rambling Fernie just really wanted to say

Always remember you are never alone
hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
What a wonderful post gami you have said so eloquently what we all need to know and remember.
I have bookmarked it so I can find it again.
Thank you so much for your wise words.
I hope all is going well for you,
Hugs coming your way, Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance:
 
Hello gami what a lovely post, you always know what to say when we are feeling a bit down or making our long way home from the ODIC yet again.

Well today I've decided that I need to really start to get my act together, back to work in yikes 5 days :yikes: and I need to focus and get back to the real world. Yes, knee king is still annoying and sore, seeing physio tomorrow, Gosh, these come round quickly, but I'm getting on with it as much as I can and will rest and ice as much as poss, which, frankly, isn't that much lately. Week 8 for me today, can you believe that?

Yes, I think I can allow the crew to have a stage break, even the peloton have to recover and rest! :bicycle2:

I know I'll go to the office on Monday, wearing a suit, all made up and looking professional and no doubt smiling as I'm happy to see colleagues, all that will be missing will be the heels, although, they won't notice this. They'll jut look and see that indeed, I really do look fine and normal and why the heck have I been off so long! We will see. I'll have the last laugh as I'm running out the door at 1pm though ! :heehee:

keep rambling away dear Gami, lovely to hear your thoughts and views on the whole Tkr show.

Take care and have a good day. When folk are insensitive, just bop them with your cane ! :rotfl:

Best wishes to you my friend. Fernie :dancy:
 
Hi Fernie, Cant believe youre going back to work already. It dosent seem long since you had your op and weve been following your ups and downs. You cant understand this operation unless youve auctually experienced it. Nice to see you will be doing it gradually. On bad days Im still using the cane so you are doing much better than me. I am looking forward to the summer months to get out and about and look after the grandkids more. Good Luck with your return to work. Will watch your progress with interest. Take Care
 
:flwrysmile: Hello pat, how are you? Well it'll be nearly 9 weeks Monday and I feel that I should try and get back to normal, else I'll be home for another 2months ! If i wasn't part time and on half day starts, then I wouldn't consider I yet.

Im Getting nasty pains, especially when I ice, can't wait to see physio in morning.

Even though I read loads before op, I'mstill amazed at everything that happens and everything I've been through the past couple months, roller coaster doesn't come close.

Im just hoping I'm better nx week and do ok, think I've said, nx week will be few hours mon and weds, no long 10 hour shift for me ! I feel for those who go back at 6 weeks, I've really no idea how they manage.

Its about 10 to 15 drive,park up then around 5 mins walk to office, nothing too strenuous !

Ill be posting as soon as I can Monday! :heehee:

When are you looking to gt your other knee done? Summer, I cannot wait. This Cold weather is getting me down now, winter seems endless.

Take care, Fernie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie. I have an appointment with my OS in November but if I want it any time before that I can just ring for an earlier appointment and get it sorted. Ive mixed feelings at the moment as I still call my unoperated knee my good knee. Yes cant wait for a bit of sunshine. Certainly had enough of this cold weather myself. Take Care x
 
Hail Fernie or returning to the workforce Bonesmartie....just want to wish you well my friend. It may be tough...but you have proved you are wiser..you know how to take care of yourself and Kingknee. :yay:

Even though your boss and workmates may be considerate just remember when you walk through that door looking fabulous without cane or crutches ??? they are going to be thinking.... ahhh finally we can off load some of that extra work we have been doing...Fernies back, looking good, things are back to normal. :whistle:

:bicycle1: It looks good ...but riding no hands is definitely out...remember to be kind to yourself and take it as easy as you need...but enjoy our day..then rest.

Hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Gami, toothfairy, Kim et al !

:thankyou: For posts.

Had physio today and she is v pleased, said I'm doing marvellous , despite my moaning about pain and tightness etc. reckons it will be another good 4 months til I'm ok. Don't know why, after everything, I still get surprised when I hear this. :scare:. She is a tad concerned however, now a lot f swelling has gone (really?) that knee is still a bit vulgas. We both thought the deformity had gone, clearly it was just hiding :yikes: . Hhmmmm

Ok, no cane or anything for work. I won't be there long enough for anyone to offload stuff to me! Besides, my home working efforts have kept ThIngs ticking over. I'll just shimmy in for few hours then shimmy out again, if they blink they'll miss me :heehee:. Then I'm not in tues so same again on weds. Then nothing til following Monday.

That will be tougher as daughter back to school so full on school runs, clubs etc. planning to take it in my stride.
So no :bicycle1: As cannot afford any :bicycle2:.

Just wish knee would stop hurting. Got new PT balancing exercises and seeing her again Tuesday.

Hope everyone is doing well, it's snowing here again. Fernie x hugs
 
What a wonderful report to receive and just think, Fernie, this was all your hard work to get there! I think you should do a happy dance. :dancy: you deserve it .
Did she give you any suggestions on how to help with the swelling. Oops, before I forget what was said in regards to the tingling pain...
Your boss seems to be very understanding and quite kind of him to adjust your schedule but then again he must value a good employee.
I must say I am very happy for you, good job !
Rain, wind, dark and dreary, I think I will nap now and I will talk to you later, just had to stop by and say congratulations :egypdance: :happydance: :kittykiss: :yay: :tada: Keep up the good work my friend :friends:
 
Thanks Kim, I think I'm ok, knee still so tight and stiff though. Am planning to just bimble along Monday and keep head down.

Feeling v tired today, body telling me I need to rest :thud:.

PT said tingles all part of it, early days still Etc etc. it's definitely worse when I ice so just doing short bursts.

Hope you are well today :flwrysmile: Fernie
 
Fernie, you'll do great!! Looks like you had your surgery a week before mine. I went to work part-time last week (at 6 weeks recovery, and the best advise I can give is not to sit for long periods, to get up and walk when you can. It's the constant sitting that kills me. With my last TKR in November, I went back to work at 7 weeks, and when I started FULL time, by afternoon my ankles of all things would balloon up....but again, I think the key to that is to get up and walk around when you can.

Good luck, you can do it!! It's exhausting at first...the night before my first day of work I was crying "I can't do this", but once I walked into the office, I felt better than I had in a longgggg time!
 
Thanks Kelly, I'm hoping that I'll be glad to be back and that in itself, will spur me on. At least I know I'm just doing 2 half days, so there's nothing to overdo with that I reckon.

Thanks for posting, it's good to know how others are getting on returning to work. It's a step closer to normality, even if it a bit difficult at first. :)

Best wishes, Fernie :flwrysmile:

Scrappy_tink
 
Hi Fernie, lovely to read your good report from the physio.
Hope,you can catch up with rest this weekend before shimmying and bimbling begin on Monday morning.
Everyone will be so pleased to see you on Monday morning, hopefully they will look after you well and not overload you.
Will you get a bit of rest time between work and school pick up time?
You should hopefully have lots of rest and catch up time next week. Take it gently and don't try to catch up with everything on your first day back.
Have a great weekend,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :egypdance:
 
person, just had lovely long reply to you toothfairy when iPad just rebooted ! :boohoo:

Was saying all will be fine next week and I'm looking forward to it but have a bit of angst, fear and not sure, something going on inside brain, will let you know.

School hols still nx weesoo not bad, will be following one wine I'm back 3 half days and everything else that will be the real test, but I'm booking in rest time. Had lazy day today, despite having house full of kids, goodness know what upstairs looks like :giggle:.

Need to have some wardrobe time tomorrow so I can see exactly what fits as 9 weeks in mainly joggers may have taken its toll :whistle:

Hope you are well and having a nice day. Hugs Fernie x
 
Hi Fernie, good to catch up with you.
I know what you mean about longing around in joggers taking its toll :yikes:
I wore proper trousers to a meeting at work the other day, felt good when I went out but not so clever by the time I returned with a swollen knee. It was a meeting about reorganisation and redundancies etc so not very much fun.
Have got lots of important stuff related to it to read but can't summon the enthusiasm at the moment. I have been shattered since my morning out on Wed and was all out of sorts yesterday. I think I was just tired and drained.
I am mastering the newer more challenging exercises but my knee is quite stiff and swollen so I think I will need to ease back on them.
5 weeks tomorrow for me, think I am getting the week 5 blues! :shrug:
I have done too much today, changed bed, laundry, made soup and soda bread ( yummy) had a visitor so now I am tired and grumpy...
Sitting with my feet up, early night and start tomorrow afresh.
Hope you have a lovely weekend,
Sending you a hug,
Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :bicycle2:
 
Hello toothfairy, hope the sun is shining for you today. Here the morning is glorious, still freezing, but glorious.:SUNsmile:

Im sorry to hear you are feeling blue :sad:, it sure does happen and especially if you've had some worky stuff to digest as well, hope that works out ok for you. :friends:.

I so totally know the out of sorts feelings, they will pass. It's this 5 to 6 week stage where you start to feel better, physio going well but a little venture out sends us rushing for the ice and duvet :shrug:.

It's nice o hear you are getting on indoors with cooking and stuff, but it's still really early to be doing all that. Check the library for the thread about getting back to normal activities :).

I suggest you rest your wings this weekend and feet up with knitting. We are all here for you.

Take care hugs, Fernie X
 
Thank you Fernie,
weather the same here, sunny and freezy weezy. It is so lovely to see even a freezing sun.
I know you are right, I am doing too much and suffering as a result.
I think I am getting fed up with sitting around, yep, definitely hit the 5 week frustrated patch.
I think I will have an outing today, somewhere different, maybe some local gardens that are pretty and we can have a gentle stroll on the flat. Best go and do my exercises first and get on my bike.
Hope you have a lovely Saturday, thank you for your support.
Hugs, Toothfairy x :happydance: :SUNsmile: :yay:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom