Guest viewing is limited

TKR 2 straight legs? Check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi toothfairy, thx for your lovly post. You always make me feel better :).

Snow stopped and getting slushy so plans not scuppered yet . I've just bacon sarnie and Jaffa cakes :whistle: Not great but can still salvage day. :)

How are you doing? Knitting sound like its going well. Make most of your time off as it will fly by. Nx week I'm determined to catch up a few things now I can get about a bit more.

I need to do a grocery online shop tomorrow and must be good.

hv a good day. Fx
 
It is a pleasure to cheer you up my Fernie friend, bacon sarnie and Jaffa cakes are just what the doctor ordered for a poorly frightened knee. Needed for medicinal purposes so it doesn't count.
Enjoy your outing and seeing the family. Watch out for slip sliding as your knee really doesn't need that.
A least online shopping keeps you slightly further from temptation rather than being in store and being confronted by lots of goodies.
I had a breakthrough today and manages 10 backwards rotations, woo hoo, had only managed 4 up to now. It was much easier this morning.
I will see what the knee king has to say about it later :yikes:
Must go and do some ironing,
Enjoy a fab day,
Smiles and hugs coming your way,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
Toothfairy, Ironing? Did I read that right? Check the library and you'll find ironing is week 5, I think! :what:

Seriously, make sure you put board low so you can sit down. I didn't iron til last week! :whistle:

10 rotations is fab :bicycle1:, glad training is going well.

Im certainly being v careful on stairs now. Take care, fx
 
Only a little ironing. Needs must.
Hubby is great but as he is in full tiling mode and also looking after me he cannot cope with things like ironing as well.
I don't mind ironing and do a little at a time. All done now and sitting with my feet up and an ice pack in place. Bliss.
Maybe you could slide down the bannister, wheeeeeeeee,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x :egypdance: :happydance: :egypdance:
 
My hubby was good but cooking and ironing totally eluded him! :heehee:

How is en suite coming along ? X
 
En suite is coming along well but slowly. It is looking good. Tiles are nearly all grouted now but still quite a lot to be done. Floor goes down on Monday then the porcelain can be installed. The end is in sight. I need the window measured so I can order a blind but am still waiting for that....ho hum....
Didn't expect to see you here at the moment, thought you would be out socialising.
Toothfairy x :egypdance:
 
Ha ha, just popped home for couple hours before off out again. Snow has cleared nicely but more is due after 6 so won't be a late one.

Theres always a lot to be done when decorating the smallest room! Be lovely when it's Done. Fx
 
hi Fernie just checked your threat...glad the slip didn't unhinge your Tour plan too much and there don't seem to have been after effects that have slowed you down at all. :spin:

Nice to hear life is moving along nicely...inspirational one...enjoy the company

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie, sorry to hear about your fall and hope it is getting less painful. I have a question for you. What doseage Iburofen were you taking. I have been taking 1 x 400 3 times a day. I had awful heartburn ln the night and wonder If Im taking too much. It has certainly taken the swelling down so dont want to stop taking it. I take lansoprozole 30mg each morning on an empty stomach to help taking the iburofen.
 
Fernie,
Sorry to hear about your tumble, hope today is a better day for you. Very lucky girl in regards to fall. You sound like everything is going ok at the moment. I think TF has zoomed right by us :heehee: happy she is doing so well.
Looks like rain here today, had some yesterday too.
The King has been very angry the last two days, so today I am going to take advantage of the rainy weather to rest and exercise.
Take care my friend and I hope you have some sunshine today :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Fernie, sorry to hear about your fall and hope it is getting less painful. I have a question for you. What doseage Iburofen were you taking. I have been taking 1 x 400 3 times a day. I had awful heartburn ln the night and wonder If Im taking too much. It has certainly taken the swelling down so dont want to stop taking it. I take lansoprozole 30mg each morning on an empty stomach to help taking the iburofen.

Pat, that's wHat I'm taking, 3x400 a day. I take a 20g omeprazole at 6am and it works good for me to stop the :sick: . I didn't take it one morning and felt v :sick: By abou 11am, lesson learnt!

Im really fed up today with whole TKR thang, hence not posted much! I'm also really tired, went out test just. To 9.30', to family for supper, and today I'm absolutely wiped out, no energy. Gonna have nice bath and v early night.

Hope you are ok my friend, fx
 
Hi all, jus checking in, feeling bit low and v tired, weather pants, didn't even melt the overnight snow!

Hope you all had a good weekend an ill catch up again v soon. :flwrysmile:

Keep up the tour training. :)Hugs

Fernie
 
[Bonesmart.org] 2 straight legs? Check!
Thanks Fernie. Will keep to the 3 then as its helping. You have a nice long bath, relax and an early night. We all have days like this. This is a very hard recovery and we can't sail through every day can we. Hope you feel better tomorrow. Take Care.
 
Hi Fernie
I saw the snow in your part of the World brrrrr...I think this aussi sunflower would just wilt away. what amazes me is that you are able to be out and about in it...just carry on your everyday coming and going...must be bred tough I reckon. :thumb: :yes:
It's interesting how the tiredness just seems to creep in on us... we don't seem to be able to maintain our stamina for extended periods before it just comes and washes us away. It's frustrating because what we've done to make it happen is not overly obvious...we just keep thinking.. I haven't done much I should be gradually getting stronger...and we are...but we loose sight of the fact that as we have been told this is a long recovery ride...much longer than the Tour de France. Le Tour de BoneSmarties is almost like the Hawaiian Ironman marathon event and it takes even more stamina and courage to complete the task before us. :friends: And just like those athletes who compete for the first time we are going through a steep... on the road... learning curve.

You can do it..we all can...and we will...each time we get wiped out we just rest gather our strength hang back in the peloton for a while take the pressure off, no need to do anything other than that...then you'll be fine. Each time a little stronger ...but for a while yet...we have to try and remember the distance...it's an ultra marathon.

Rest easy dear Fernie, you are never alone
hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile: :angel:
 
Hello Fernie, poor you, feeling blue :tantrum:
I think Gami gami has summed it up beautifully, I like the idea of the recovery being like a Hawaiian Ironman.
How is your knee after your fall, any lasting effects?
Hope you had a nice time yesterday with family. Sadly you are still in the zone where exhaustion follows on after any trip out. No good fighting it, we just have to work through. It and be prepared to sit back and catch up after any outings.
I have been really tired too today, maybe the gloomy weather is not helping. No snow here, just endless grey, cold and wet.
Enjoy your lovely bath ( I have bath envy) and have an early night. Hope you have a lovely sleep :sleep: and waken refreshed and ready to enjoy a lovely week.
Sending you a cheery smile and a happy hug,
Your friendly Toothfairy x :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
My Fernie,
So sorry for the blues but I think it is just that time, so it is ok to have a good cry, scream and feel a little sorry for ourselves.
Who would of really thought that this journey would of been so tough. No matter how much I read, I never would of guessed that this journey would be this tough, maybe I did but something in my brain was telling me different??
Don't worry about replying to posts, we will give you the support and words of encouragement that you normally give us. So set back and let us take care of you.
You have been amazing in this journey: :cheers:
1. You were first to drive
2. Bike training extraordinaire
3. Too many to mention.
Tomorrow I hope will bring a better day. Take care my friend and we will get there :friends:
 
Thanks Kim, none of us are iN a race to Hit any milestones.

Im just thinking in 2 weeks I'll be getting ready for work,It will be 9 weeks post op. Right now my leg is like lead and doesn't want to bend much. I also have physio in 3 hours, she won't see any change in last 5 days at all!

I have a coupl busy days this week, but generally going to takeit easy and practive stairs and work on consistent straightening. Gently trying to ease myself back into normal life, it's really tough !

Hope u are good. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Fernie, work in two weeks sounds scary and I am sure it is. You have a good plan for easing back in gently and having your ice packs to take with you so hopefully it won't be too bad. You also have two more weeks of resting and progressing before you get there.
Rest as much as you can for the next two weeks and try to take time to be nice to yourself. I know it will be difficult with the Easter hols to get much time to yourself but hopefully you can manage some.
Hope physio goes well, you might be surprised but you are doing very well anyway.
Let us know how the physio goes today. How is your bashed knee today?
Hugs and sunny smiles,
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :friends: :bicycle1: :bicycle2: :bicycle1:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom