• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR 2 new knees, 3 months apart oy vey

OP
OP
winemama

winemama

senior
Country
United States United States
Had to take a nap today, first in awhile. I believe the weekend caught up with me.

Rockgirl4

graduate
Country
I was that sleepy yesterday too. I had a crazy Thurs/Fri/Sat with lots of socializing, even if I was sitting most of the time. I think I wasn't used to being that attentive to conversations, plus I craved the quiet of home to ice/elevate. Sometimes I think "normal life" is just exhausting when you've been out of it for awhile. :)

marieltha

graduate
Country
I did not go to sleep, but I did have to just rest for awhile today. Felt good.

Somewhere, you described your “buzzy” reaction to cortisone injections. I have only had a couple, mainly in hip bursas. Since I have fixed the knees, the bursa in the hips have not bothered me. The cortisone did not make me buzzy, but it did awaken a strong desire to worship the sugar gods. I had to really fight the urge to eat sweet things.

Did years of natural hyuralonic acid (series of 3 Eufflexxa, every 6 months—tiny needles) in the knees, which really worked for me, until the bone on bone got too painful.

I hope to avoid injections as much as possible, as I think they weaken my tendons. I have enthesitis in the tendon that goes through my right hip.

I do not take any of the fluoroquinolones (antibiotics) anymore either, as I am afraid they might also. My OS disagrees about the research on that, but he switched me to others to give me peace of mind.

OP
OP
winemama

winemama

senior
Country
@marieltha yes cortisone shots make me stay awake for 48+ hours. Crazy.
While I was deep in TKR recovery, the sugar fairies were flying all around me, I had no appetite, but sugar cravings were crazy I lost weight.

OP
OP
winemama

winemama

senior
Country
@Rockgirl4 I honestly thought I was being kind of bitchy, not really wanting anyone around me these last few months. People ask me if my children came around, I was like I talk to them, but I honestly don’t want company. Maybe it’s part of healing, wanting solitude I have been happy icing watching TV and eating candy

lisabl

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@winemama Hope you have a great evening. I loved my theatre trip with my daughter 5 weeks post op, and gave me confidence that getting back to normal would happen at some point.

OP
OP
winemama

winemama

senior
Country
Oops, The show is Come From Away. Still brain fog

OP
OP
winemama

winemama

senior
Country
If you are theater fans, Come From Away is one of the best plays I’ve seen all year. EXCELLENT
The steps at the theater seemed smaller so I tried them, and I walked foot over foot, up and down, and no trouble. I held the railing, but I was happy

OP
OP
winemama

winemama

senior
Country
@Benay I thought of you when I saw the steps, I can’t do my home ones, I wonder what the measurements are for public steps?? There has to be some construction people on this site

Benay

graduate
Country
California code has a max height cut off of 7 3/4" but no minimum. I know there are lower ones out there (so far unmeasured). Lower than the comfortable and easy to manage 7". Tape measure in my bag and on it!

Code also says all of the risers must be of a consistent height in the stack.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Km3453
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom