THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Aw lovey as long as the hip is ok this painful bit will be a blip and yesterday's fish and chip paper! Send us a photo of your sunny decking please.........
 
@1stSurgery I got totally sidetracked with the medical systems etc. and completely forgot to ask you about how the steroid meds are working? Are you seeing the swelling going down at all...and dare I ask, the pain levels?
Glad you are still taking the oxy at night. Sleep = healing :yes:

Hope your hubby is whipping you up something scrumptious for dinner! Thinking of you and hoping you will have a more comfy night. :ice:
 
Slowly but surely ...I think it is getting better, @SurreyGirl, @Alitm and @EL11, Thank you!
I did a NINE MINUTE walk on the deck today, gaining THREE FULL MINUTES over my walk yesterday and day before. .... But who's counting?! :) I know it's not at all remarkable and last hip I was up to 15 min walks week 2. But I enjoy progress signs so much! I guess the new steroid that could be helping by reducing inflammation in that truck-crushed right limb. I should start compiling some questions for the OS appt on Tuesday, but I'm drawing a blank ...other than, when will it stop hurting? And whose handprints are these on my knee and ankle? I want names! And can you make me perfect in 10 days please?

All in all I'm ok.

I read about your R-rated evening last night @SurreyGirl ... R for Raucous. Raunchy. Ribald.
Hope today's consequences weren't too painful! :)
 
Slowly but surely ...I think it is getting better, @SurreyGirl, thank you!
I did a NINE MINUTE walk on the deck today, gaining THREE FULL MINUTES over my walk yesterday and day before. .... But who's counting?! :) I know it's not at all remarkable and last hip I was up to 15 min walks week 2. But I enjoy progress signs so much! I guess the new steroid that could be helping by reducing inflammation in that truck-crushed right limb. I should start compiling some questions for the OS appt on Tuesday, but I'm drawing a blank ...other than, when will it stop hurting? And whose handprints are these on my knee and ankle? I want names! And can you make me perfect in 10 days please?

All in all I'm ok.

I read about your R-rated evening last night... R for Raucous. Raunchy. Ribald.
Hope today's consequences weren't too painful! :)

“And whose handprints are these on my knee and ankle”????

Hahahahahahaha so funny!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@lovesstars Think it's overkill if I go to post op appt with my attorney? :heehee:

Kidding.

@EL11 I agree totally on the crying. I've actually found this whole long, very long, excruciatingly long, ridiculously lonnnnng ...experience ....to be spiritually uplifting in odd, unexpected ways. I seldom have big chunks of down time in my real life to ponder and reflect for long periods, or to watch Netflix for hours eating popcorn cakes in bed. Which is also philosophically valuable!

It has been a highly uncharacteristic lifestyle for me ...and some of it even enjoyable! I've been able to have nice long visits with family and friends that otherwise would have been short misspelled texts. It has brought DH and I much closer and sometimes his kindness and caring also make me cry, so touching. And in another way I think the whole episode of two-hip wonder has helped me to overcome some of my deepest, darkest fears. Of hospitals, sickness, disability, meds, surgery, PAIN, I'd never really known much pain, certainly not this kind from OA and THR and the truck / manhandler that crushed my right leg. Never knew much about any of those things except I was happy not being a part of them except as the caregiver bystander role. And now I've been able to swim right in the middle of all of it first hand, and...soon...to have survived it all and come out the other side better, and whole! This signals a conquering of deep dark fear. A good thing. And the ability to gain much more profound insights into others' pain and disability. Ties in really well with other ventures I'm looking into now, and had begun looking into right before the OA stopped me in my tracks, literally.

So I treasure it all, the ups and downs of this roller coaster ride we get taken on. And parts of it are real gifts... That said.....make it end!!!! :)
 
Omg I just accidentally answered you @Bevlah, except by mistake it was over at @SurreyGirl's page!! Hello pain meds. So let's try this again here. Meantime I have not found the delete post tab anywhere.

@Bevlah I usually shoot pix of unusual skies off the deck, so here is one particularly pretty sunrise. Have great sunrise shots since that view faces east. And for those nights you can't sleep through, it's fun to go outside and watch the sun say hello
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery
    image.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 266
Amen, sister! I agree. THR is life changing in many ways.
You can't help but come through stronger, more thankful / grateful, faith filled etc.
It stretches you in ways unimaginable. You're forced to trust perfect strangers and
those you love in ways you haven't before. You find out who truly cares for you and who will be there for you.

You realize your strengths and weaknesses and what matters most to you when you're feeling vulnerable, down and out. You gain humility, gratitude and appreciation in the small things like being able to shower on your own and have clean hair again, put on your own underwear, walk unassisted and do all of the things you were used to, but began doing less and less due to pain.

We gain a fresh appreciation for life and those we love. I have recounted here more than once an experience seared into my memory. I was a month post op, I woke early one morning, got ready and drove myself to the grocery store to shop. A store I'd been to many times over the past 18 months, always circling the lot, looking for the closest space, limping in, leaning heavily on the cart, purchasing the bare minimum in order to get back into the comfort of my vehicle. Even wiping tears sometimes in sadness and pain as I drove home. Well on this particular morning it was warm and sunny, the sky was blue, not a cloud in sight, the trees green and full, the birds were chirping and I was walking unassisted without any pain into the store relishing the thought that I could leisurely shop if I chose to. I felt like a weight had been lifted and it was a feeling I hoped I'd never lose. It was a feeling of gratitude that I hadn't felt since I don't even know when. I told myself I'd never forget that time and how I felt. I always appreciate posts like yours, they take me back.
Thank you! I'm happy for you. I'm happy for us all!!
I hope your night is peaceful and your Sunday all you want it to be.
@1stSurgery
 
Some very lovely posts here and all very true. Looking forward to that “eureka” moment too that @Layla describes which I am sure comes to us all at some point.

@1stSurgery looks like the breakthrough on its way for you, an approaching benevolent storm of which you are feeling the healing outer bands approaching. 03:15 here and the dead hour in the UK. Whilst my world is asleep Bonesmart is alive and kicking on its operated legs! Take care :)
 
@lovesstars Think it's overkill if I go to post op appt with my attorney? :heehee:

Kidding.

@EL11 I agree totally on the crying. I've actually found this whole long, very long, excruciatingly long, ridiculously lonnnnng ...experience ....to be spiritually uplifting in odd, unexpected ways. I seldom have big chunks of down time in my real life to ponder and reflect for long periods, or to watch Netflix for hours eating popcorn cakes in bed. Which is also philosophically valuable!

It has been a highly uncharacteristic lifestyle for me ...and some of it even enjoyable! I've been able to have nice long visits with family and friends that otherwise would have been short misspelled texts. It has brought DH and I much closer and sometimes his kindness and caring also make me cry, so touching. And in another way I think the whole episode of two-hip wonder has helped me to overcome some of my deepest, darkest fears. Of hospitals, sickness, disability, meds, surgery, PAIN, I'd never really known much pain, certainly not this kind from OA and THR and the truck / manhandler that crushed my right leg. Never knew much about any of those things except I was happy not being a part of them except as the caregiver bystander role. And now I've been able to swim right in the middle of all of it first hand, and...soon...to have survived it all and come out the other side better, and whole! This signals a conquering of deep dark fear. A good thing. And the ability to gain much more profound insights into others' pain and disability. Ties in really well with other ventures I'm looking into now, and had begun looking into right before the OA stopped me in my tracks, literally.

So I treasure it all, the ups and downs of this roller coaster ride we get taken on. And parts of it are real gifts... That said.....make it end!!!! :)

Well, that was a great post to read, lying here with ice on my hip and Oxy in my veins.

I've always been a big cryer. I used to live on Orcas Island (WA) and they had some island traditions in summer, like a solstice parade and also a pet parade. I used to become so overwhelmed by the unbearable cuteness of the pet parade, all the dogs and cats dressed up in crazy outfits and there would always be some farm animals too ... the whole thing was so sweet and whimsical and dear, tears would stream down my face every time and sometimes progress into actual sobs. I think my then-husband was mortified but it was all just too much, and there are many things in the world that are all. Just. Too. Much.

Once I realized the THRx2 was the one and only way for me to get rid of the nasty inflammatory pain that sapped my energy, bent me over, made me groan exiting a car after a medium-length trip, I was all in. And I fully expect to come out the other side with much more vigor to plunge into the next chapter of my life. However, the simple fact that right now I am still a bit disabled and quite sore, does make me feel fragile.

The other day I texted someone for advice— about whether I should bring up a sensitive subject with a person I don't know well, but who once broached said topic with me, concerning somebody I'm close to. Sorry to be so cryptic, but it had the potential to open up a whole can of worms (the opioid probably isn't helping my clarity). Anyway, the guy I asked for advice said, "Wait till you're stronger. You've just had major surgery and you're in a vulnerable state right now." I thought that was smart, although I gave him a hard time about his spell-check error, which had made it "venerable state."

Clearly though, you've experienced a lot more pain than I have. It's wonderful that you have a mate who truly loves you. I have that too, as well as some dear friends and amazing colleagues and work I love to do. Realizing that is a gift, and feeling a greater empathy for others as you describe, is a gift too.
 
@Layla what a beautiful post! I was looking for the deeply profound rating icon. Had me crying as we have all been through something so similar but aren't yet at that aha grocery store moment you had. Very moving post!

And @EL11, I've always been an easy crier too! Must be part and parcel of artistic leanings. I can cry at a strangers funeral in seconds. I can cry at a painting, a sunset, a song, a tree! Almost anything. But this surgery has opened up the tear ducts and I will say most of them are the beautiful kind, the moving, eye-opening, soul-opening kind. It's not all that bad in the end, is it? When you consider the richness it brings us and yes, definitely having to FACE our own vulnerability head on. Smack head on. There's a pride interrupter. And a humility teacher. I don't know about crying at pet costumes though...!! Haha! I guess I'd have to see it. I do love animals!

Now my butler has brought me a warm chicken Caesar salad so I'm off to engage in some gluttony!
 
@1stSurgery beautiful photos thank you for sharing. You are lucky the sun says hello to you. It waves occasionally here at the moment but it mainly sulks behind big black clouds. Today though he is making an appearance yaaayyyyyy!!!!
 
Love the pics!:loveshwr:
I look back at my recovery thread...with all the discomfort, stress, uncertainty and then I go to the end where I am posting my pics of the beautiful days that I am now enjoying.
Keep the faith!
Next...get this knee thing sorted!

Hope you have a good Sunday!:console2:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom