Ask the Expert Webinar
Lounge Doctor

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

luvsibes

senior
Country
United States United States
Great to hear from you @1stSurgery - our left hips are twins as we did them about the same time. I'm always so impressed with all of you hippies that did both within the year! Congrats on your healing progress.

I was falling prior to surgery but haven't thought much about it now at almost 9 months. I'm much steadier on my feet and a leg length difference was corrected during the surgery as well (pelvis was tipped). I do wonder what it would do if I fell on the still tender new hip but am pleased to be able to walk fast, get on and off the yoga mat, and dance and move freely!

Take care and keep up posted along the way.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
Thanks for the kind words, you're welcome!
I'm happy to read you're doing so well and love your new hips. I hope they serve you well for many years to come. It's always a joy to hear from you, you've provided many a laugh over the past several months. Please pop in on ocassion with an update.
A wonderful weekend to you in sunny Cali :SUNsmile:
@1stSurgery

OP
OP
1stSurgery

1stSurgery

graduate
Country
Hey there @1stSurgery .... what a great tale!

I am moving to Rochester, NY. Yesterday it snowed heavily here and I took a tumble in the parking lot of Cats & Critters where I am boarding Albert; there was a parking block buried in the snow and I tripped on it . Let me pause here to say that Albert has been boarded at two places this past two weeks and of course everyone is completely smitten with his beauty and sweetness. No seriously, there was a Post-It on his crate yesterday that said "Very sweet."

I told my friend that I'd had a fall and he anxiously asked if it hurt my hips. People are sweet to worry but it didn't even occur to me to worry about my hips, that's how little attention I have on them now. Being able to walk at a brisk pace is a great gift. You just can't do it in a deep snow.

I am fine with getting up off the floor now and you will be too before long, I predict. Hugs to you and that beautiful kitty-girl.
Oh HI @EL11! So sorry for the slow reply, I seldom come on to check these days. By now you must be all moved in and hopefully not buried in snow drifts! Been a crazy winter everywhere it seems. Sorry about your fall but it is a bit triumphant to take that first fall and be unfazed and uninjured! Congratulations on a good fall... :) Albert is as always adorable and "very sweet". Etta just celebrated her 7 yr pet-iversary since we rescued her and she gets big treats each year.... fresh Ahi tuna and a new toy mousie. She was in heaven as you can imagine. I would be too, well maybe less enthusiastic about the stuffed mouse...
I guess the getting off the floor thing will organically come around but until then I am going to avoid slippery socks on wooden floors. All in all we both did great I think with our new hips. Was at the Dumbo premiere the other night and they had the party done as a circus, in a huge "tent" with aerial acts, jugglers etc. But nowhere to sit... so for nearly 3 hrs I was standing in very high heels and sparkly clothes, something I could never have done for the past few yrs. And oddly.... there were no after effects. Maybe just some feet fatigue but nothing serious. Every week there are new thresholds to go over doing things that were not possible for many years. I LOVE these titanium babies.

Hugs to you and dear Albert and enjoy the new home - very exciting!

OP
OP
1stSurgery

1stSurgery

graduate
Country
Great to hear from you @1stSurgery - our left hips are twins as we did them about the same time. I'm always so impressed with all of you hippies that did both within the year! Congrats on your healing progress.

I was falling prior to surgery but haven't thought much about it now at almost 9 months. I'm much steadier on my feet and a leg length difference was corrected during the surgery as well (pelvis was tipped). I do wonder what it would do if I fell on the still tender new hip but am pleased to be able to walk fast, get on and off the yoga mat, and dance and move freely!

Take care and keep up posted along the way.
So happy to hear about your progress @luvsibes! You've done so well! And getting off the yoga mat is huge. The fall was not a big deal other than very embarrassing trying to get out of it. Wish I could see a video of that "dance" of awkwardness! You take care also and keep moving those hips!

OP
OP
1stSurgery

1stSurgery

graduate
Country
Thanks for the kind words, you're welcome!
I'm happy to read you're doing so well and love your new hips. I hope they serve you well for many years to come. It's always a joy to hear from you, you've provided many a laugh over the past several months. Please pop in on ocassion with an update.
A wonderful weekend to you in sunny Cali :SUNsmile:
@1stSurgery
Thanks @Layla, I will try to come back from time to time and say Hi to everyone. The hips are a marvel and I never cease to be thankful for living in a time when this was possible, the alternative is grim! Take care of yourself and I hope you aren't engulfed in any of the blizzard cyclone winter mania stuff going on across the land lately! Thanks again for all your support going through this. I'll never forget the recovery ride and how much Bonesmart helped me make it through...

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:loveshwr: Sending love. I miss you around here, but I get it, life is calling. Happy to hear you're doing so well!
I hope you have a great Spring and Summer and I'll look forward to you dropping by to say :hi: on occasion.
Big hugs :friends:
@1stSurgery

EL11

senior
Country
Oh HI @EL11! So sorry for the slow reply, I seldom come on to check these days. By now you must be all moved in and hopefully not buried in snow drifts! Been a crazy winter everywhere it seems. Sorry about your fall but it is a bit triumphant to take that first fall and be unfazed and uninjured! Congratulations on a good fall... :) Albert is as always adorable and "very sweet". Etta just celebrated her 7 yr pet-iversary since we rescued her and she gets big treats each year.... fresh Ahi tuna and a new toy mousie. She was in heaven as you can imagine. I would be too, well maybe less enthusiastic about the stuffed mouse...
I guess the getting off the floor thing will organically come around but until then I am going to avoid slippery socks on wooden floors. All in all we both did great I think with our new hips. Was at the Dumbo premiere the other night and they had the party done as a circus, in a huge "tent" with aerial acts, jugglers etc. But nowhere to sit... so for nearly 3 hrs I was standing in very high heels and sparkly clothes, something I could never have done for the past few yrs. And oddly.... there were no after effects. Maybe just some feet fatigue but nothing serious. Every week there are new thresholds to go over doing things that were not possible for many years. I LOVE these titanium babies.

Hugs to you and dear Albert and enjoy the new home - very exciting!
Hugs and Happy Adoptiversary to Etta!

The new home is lovely, lots of character and a good size for us.

I love my titanium hippies too. You'd think something considerably bigger than a dental crown might feel odd or foreign, but not at all. Every time I find myself walking at a brisk pace the way I did years ago, I feel so grateful. BTW, both thighs are still a bit numb/sore to the touch. I imagine that will go away eventually.

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
doxie girl
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom