Guest viewing is limited

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Ohhhh pizza! How I love pizza. OH MY STARS I love pizza!!! :snork:
That's @Mojo333 at the door, delivery! Just bring it down the winding 15 stairs!

I'm going now to try them. They stand there resolute, insurmountable, mocking me. Nay. I shall not be defeated. I shall forge ahead against the elements and against the fibularis longus!! Until victory is mine!!

.....Why hasn't the doctor called back?!
 
Clarification...Funny but not about failure to receive doctor call!

I WOULD bring it down all those stairs...and you will be able to also when you get this all sorted!
Keep the faith, friend.
 
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

I cannot recall when I was last this excited. I feel like something strange has happened but I swear to you, I got up and did the stairs with about level 3-4 pain - and it's not the oxy because I only took Tylenol this afternoon to try to gauge if there was any pain progress. Last oxy was in the early morning. It's near 5pm. And before, Tylenol didn't do much at all to that awful pain.

But, it gets better. I got up so easily I thought why not try walking. I did my walk around the upstairs with the walker, PUTTING WEIGHT ON BOTH LEGS, and again.... Pain was minimal. Like a 3. So I kept walking, all the time shouting out to the air, to my cat and my hubby.

"I'M WALKING!! I'M WALKING!!!" :happydance:

I felt like one of those people who've been healed onstage and suddenly walk again

It's so strange. The body must've made that turnaround, rapidly and in the middle of the day. Because when I woke up it was the very same awful deep pain from waist to foot. Hubs says I have massive bruising all down back of leg and all around the poor knee.

But this is huge because it went from 8-9 to 3-4 in a matter of hours. I don't even care how it happened because I'm so happy I could squeal!

Talk about a breakthrough.

It may come back tomorrow morning but this feels much more like it did last time vis a vis the pain. Maybe when I upped the meds it gave the body more sleep, more rest, deeper rest and the ability to heal faster?

In any case, I'm absolutely thrilled. And it's on day 11!!

I even dried the hair, put on my leopard print baggy post surgery pants to feel friskier and feel much more like a human. A human without arthritis.

Sorry to keep rambling, I'm very very excited! :loveshwr::spin::dancy::happydance::yay::wave:
 
What's odd this time is I cannot lift the right knee at all without creating a very deep ache in the new hip. Even a little bend. So any heel slides cause too much pain after. Other side the heel slide pain was more in knee or quad. I still have that little hitch so am not bending that knee much at all. Too owwy. But this time my knee got quite impacted and messed up, all around the knee. Could be because of that.
At least the walking didn't give me any weird pains, only 5 mins or so but still.... So happy!
 
Last edited:
@1stSurgery My mind is reeling reading this thread, partly because I took my nightly dose of opioids an hour ago. You're in pain, you have not heard from the doctor, however you had a breakthrough, and there was a lot about shoes earlier.

These improvements do not seem to come in a gradual way. I remember with the right hip, I tried to do a leg raise in the lying down position and I could not lift it a sixteenth of an inch. A few days later it glided up several inches all of a sudden.

I have Ecco slip-on shoes made of Gortex that have a little height to them that I like to wear with jeans. Ankle boots with fringe and a one-inch heel. I'm going to transition to leggings from my baggy pants in a couple of weeks, hopefully. OK I have had to back up every few words and edit my sentences because of the Oxycodone. I typed "bone-inch heels" a minute ago.

Hope you are OK.
 
:happydance: a breakthrough @1stSurgery! SO excited that you are seeing the light! It is a whole new world getting to the kitchen!

HOWEVER....promise us you'll pace yourself...

This :horseriding: NOT this...:fasthorse:!!! Got it?!!!! I'm NOT holding open the door of the ODIC for you :rotfl:, as I've just left!

Thank goodness for small victories :yes!: I'm quite miffed as to why your OS office still hasn't returned your calls though :scratch:
Wishing you a more comfortable evening!! Yay!!:egypdance: So happy for you:flwrysmile:
 
Well that's crazy.....but awesome!
I can't wait until tomorrow to hopefully hear more of the same.
Hope you sleep well tonight :sleep:
@1stSurgery
 
Haha @EL11! I have a few bone inch heels as well! And lots of flour inch heels, and even a few stix inchers!
(I also took my knightly dose awhile ago ....but as you can cee, I am unaffekttid and have strict control over my keybored...)
I feel like I was living under a stuck clock for ten days and someone came along and wound the spring mechanism real tight this afternoon to get it caught up. That's pretty fast healing speed after slower than ketchup for 10 days. But I'm cautious to think the pain is over. And then @Mojo333 scared me ...so I went back to laying down and icing after dinner. So far all is status quo and good!!
 
[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery
 
Thanks @Alitm, my OS does surgery on -Tuesday's (im not kidding, I just typed Tiesday by mistake!) so maybe he will call tomorrow, usually though it is the next day so he's later than usual. Or maybe the very stressed out phone rep at the office forgot to relay the message. They're understaffed there on phones big time. I'm ok with it, especially if this streak continues.

And don't worry about the ODIC club for me! I'm the founder of the cautious club! I have no desire to go into the dark tunnels of ODIC-ville and emerge in pain!! Had enough pain thank you! Yes I will trot and not gallop. And no jumping.

I wonder if I planted something in the brain yesterday when I declared day 11 to be the turnaround day and it just manifested. More likely the upping of the meds is what allowed more healing to take place. See? All of you guys barking at me that I was "under medicated" motivated me to up the schedule and wake up to take another at 2 am.

Thank you fellow hippys!:roseshwr:
 
Hahaha @Bone-obo I LOVE THAT!! And you had no way of knowing I had a bit of a frog obsession as a child that was actually thrust upon me by an older sister who decided one day, all on her own, that it would be fun to surround me with ...frogs ...of all sorts. As older siblings are wont to do...This went on for decades. Until I nearly became frogaphobic. Or is it phrogaphobic, now that we are all on oxy keyboard mode?! :)
 
Last edited:
I know @Layla, it has a crazy feel to me too, but I'm going with it for now as the new normal for my recovery... until whatever the next breakthrough day brings. I'm delirious to have walked and climbed with so little pain. It also leads me to speculate that the damaged muscles that hurt along the whole leg (ITB, etc) may only be strained or superficially injured. The deep ache inside the hip is there now only when I move funny or try to raise that knee. Which I'm not doing. Otherwise ...all good for now!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom