THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Hugs right back to you @Alitm. I was writing on your page while you were over here! I have strong desires to tackle the stairs! They are looming before me, mocking me - with a derisive glare...as if to say,
"Dare ya. Go ahead. Try it. Cmon. You can do it."
I hope talking stairways are not a sign of over medicating.
:heehee:
You must be so excited just thinking about getting to see and touch that horse you'll be riding! That's about as good a future goal as it gets.
Hubby just returned with fluff and fold laundry so I have clean nighties! Now he is finding what to fix for dinner. Once he comes down... Maybe I will take on those stairs with him as point man. Slowly, gently. It's time.
 
While you are waiting for hubs return, I'll post a picture of small and tall...just need to reduce it pixel wise. PLEASE be careful on the stairs!
 
Um, revised plan on the STAIRS! Headed over there and realized I was hurting too much and headed right back to the Tylenol. Trying to do the blend now - with oxy pm and Tylenol am. See if it works. Stairs aren't going anywhere. They will still be taunting me tomorrow!!
 
I don't remember your first hip hammering you this bad and this long! Weren't you scampering up and down stairs like a sexagenarian squirrel shortly after June 7, or do I have you confused with someone else?! As for the stairs, when they taunt you, beat them with your walker - or better yet, have your man servant do it while you laugh and laugh and laugh.
 
Will see if Amazon prime has a deal on patience.
:beg:

Careful there dear @1stSurgery! Apparently I was doing lots of Amazon shopping those first two weeks! None that I recall mind you, but my dear bride asked me "honey- did you order 500 Keurig coffee pods. And all 6 seasons of Downton Abbey. And...Nutella?"

Mmmmmmmmm...maybe :dubious:
 
YES @Bone-obo THAT WAS ME, THE SQUIRREL!! I'm shouting because that's what's so unnerving! First hip was perfect and kind and did everything by the book and in advanced time, plus added benefit, almost no pain. Second hip, the witchy one, is like a Cat 5 terror! Hard to believe they're even related by blood!! Maybe righty was an adoption. Yes I will try that with the stairs... The manservant part at least! :)
 
That's very funny @Ausman!! Lol! :rotfl:
You will be able to stay up all night from the caffeine --watch all 6 seasons of downtown abbey....bingeing on Nutella. Makes sense.

I had a scare this weekend. One of my credit cards sent a fraud alert that someone on Saturday had gone to Nordstrums, charging $5447 on my card ...and was that me?! I had to pause and think --had I stumbled there online in a haze and just fallen asleep accidentally pushing a bunch of ...mmmm shoes ...mmmm purses ...oooh Camisoles...links? Haha! But no, I'd done nothing! Good old-fashioned credit card fraud. They froze the account and are re-issuing a new card.
 
I am pretty sure that was me shopping at Nordstrom on that day. I might have used your card. Sorry ‘bout that.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
TOMORROW IS THE DAY

:old:


Tomorrow is Day 11 ...and 11 is a numerological position of great significance and bodily strength (*I'm making this up as I go, humor me)

It is ONE + ONE. Or ...TWO. As in ...two hips, two legs, two arms, two eyes, two ears, two kidneys, two lungs, two feet, two teeth...oops.... too crazy.

Tomorrow will be my turnaround and I will be back to being the sexagenarian squirrel I was meant to be.

(That's not what it sounds like)

The die is cast. The day is tomorrow, day 11. But...who's counting?? :)

Haha! Great, @lovesstars!! What did you get!? Sounds like a pretty good haul. All ready for the trip now I guess, wardrobe wise?
:loll:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's very funny @Ausman!! Lol! :rotfl:
You will be able to stay up all night from the caffeine --watch all 6 seasons of downtown abbey....binging on Nutella. Makes sense.
That's what I said! :yes!:

Just re-watched Season 1 Episode 1. I had forgotten that the very very very first character to appear was...well OT trivia for the Social section!

I had a scare this weekend. One of my credit cards sent a fraud alert that someone on Saturday had gone to Nordstrums, charging $5447 on my card ...and was that me?! I had to pause and think --had I stumbled there online in a haze and just fallen asleep accidentally pushing a bunch of ...mmmm shoes ...mmmm purses ...oooh Camisoles...links? Haha! But no, I'd done nothing! Good old-fashioned credit card fraud. They froze the account and are re-issuing a new card.

Grrrrr had one of those a few months ago. Don't they know we're in pain!? :hissy:

Sleep well @1stSurgery and all the Bonesmarters!
 
@1stSurgery For the trip I was already outfitted (been shopping online for weeks now, returning boxes day after day after day....it’s been ridiculous). I have been obsessing on finding just the perfect cozy track pants wide enough for my log leg, easy for me to put on by myself with my grabber and clothing hook and ‘large’ enough for my post-surgical butt. (In reality my ‘after being condemned to the couch on non-weight bearing for eight weeks waiting for surgery and THEN post-surgical butt). Track pants have arrived. Track pants have been sent back.

Then there was the obsession for the post-surgical shoe wide enough for swollen feet. Several pairs of those arrived and were sent back.

Now...I suppose now what I would have bought on your Nordstrom account would not have been shoes (can’t wear anything fun anyway) — maybe really cute pj’s....maybe a new handbag for when I can actually go somewhere and carry one....maybe a turtleneck.

The whole summer and early fall has come and gone. I am more apt to be selling my clothes at this point — whatever I didn’t wear and ain’t gonna get worn for awhile — or ever. Like high heels.
 
I can relate @lovesstars I was wheeling by my shoes in the closet yesterday ..and stopped - putting on the walker brakes (!) - to gaze at the colorful array of gorgeous high heels; aqua red yellow tan black pink - so many gorgeous shoes. What feet will be wearing them, I wondered? It was a little nostalgic, like saying goodbye to a friend who's moving out of the country. I think some friends who are size 7 are about to hit the jackpot in shoes. And the pants thing is impossible to find them baggy enough but not too baggy and still look ok. I've opted for long flowing tops over the baggy pants so it's like one big drapery effect.

Another worthy subject, dressing after THR. It's not so easy! Good luck on your search, I don't mind the nordstrums splurge! I hope the sweater was at least cashmere at that price!

Did you see the shoe thread in the social forum @lovesstars ??
Check it out if not. Very good suggestions there from other hippys.

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/shoes-for-recovery.42383/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha, just heard a funny lil story. My husband just showed me the photo he took of me in recovery this time. I have zero memory of him even coming in, let alone taking a photo. First surgery, I remember, not this one. But when he went to take the picture, he told me I stopped him to make sure he had the flash on!! In an unconscious delirium, I was worried about my key light! If that ain't the pinnacle of vanity. :snork:
 
I'm with you on the shoes ladies. I did have some lovely high heeled shoes when I worked but haven't been able to wear them for a long time so bit by bit they have been going to friends or the charity shop. It's too much of a shock to get rid of them all at once. There is still a glimmer of hope that I will be able to wear one or two pairs at some stage.
Since the op I have bought myself some casual shoes that are woven with elastic. They are very comfortable and I have been able to put them on by myself. Yipee
 
I have some loafers with small heels suitable for work. I have narrow size aa feet. 10 weeks on I can get into them. I now practise walking with them as well as with flats. I think the slight heel makes it easier!
 
Hey @1stSurgery , I am sorry you are still having such pain after your op, and hope you get to the bottom of it, and heal up soon.

Your sense of humor really appeals to me - I rate your cat scratch post as one of the funniest I have ever read on here.

I am rooting for you to be pain free in super quick time, and will be checking in on your progress.

PS. If you find yourself going fir the cat food, change meds, and get help
 
I can relate @lovesstars I was wheeling by my shoes in the closet yesterday ..and stopped - putting on the walker brakes (!) - to gaze at the colorful array of gorgeous high heels; aqua red yellow tan black pink - so many gorgeous shoes. What feet will be wearing them, I wondered? It was a little nostalgic, like saying goodbye to a friend who's moving out of the country. I think some friends who are size 7 are about to hit the jackpot in shoes. And the pants thing is impossible to find them baggy enough but not too baggy and still look ok. I've opted for long flowing tops over the baggy pants so it's like one big drapery effect.

Another worthy subject, dressing after THR. It's not so easy! Good luck on your search, I don't mind the nordstrums splurge! I hope the sweater was at least cashmere at that price!

Did you see the shoe thread in the social forum @lovesstars ??
Check it out if not. Very good suggestions there from other hippys.

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/shoes-for-recovery.42383/

Thanks — I had seen this thread before my surgery and it helped me get my “going home from the hospital shoes”. For the wedding I needed dress shoes, no heel. Found some but lots of shipping and returning to do so.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom