Guest viewing is limited

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery
@1stSurgery look at the improvement chart they have again (I will try to post it here).
Weeks 1-3 are basically all at the same level. Mine was absolutely that way.
I guess last time you were maybe a superhero and super lucky.
 
@1stSurgery everyone has encouraging words for you but I am not happy with that level of pain? Please contact your surgery or tag Josie in please? 10 days is ridiculous to be putting up with that level of pain. So being brave and complain!!!!
 
but it's all masking the pain that isn't improving...yet. I find it odd and troubling there's no improvement yet. Day 10.
No 2 THRs are alike - even on the same person. Please reset your expectations. At only days out of major surgery you can't expect no discomfort. What you need to do is focus on taking your meds around the clock as prescribed, icing and elevating and getting as much rest as you can. Nothing else! This hip is in charge.
 
Thank you @Jaycey but I have never expected "no discomfort"!? Wrong hippy!! This is my second rodeo and I expected ...mucho pain first week that starts to subside as time goes on.

I did not expect severe pain for ten days that didn't subside. And true, that was based largely on my first experience where, on day 10, I was off all meds for 5 days, doing the 15 stairs up/down about three-four times/ day, fixing myself meals, taking 10 min walks and seeing small improvements as the days passed. As opposed to confined to bed unable to weight-bear on that leg without being under the influence of heavy narcotics and pain level unchanging.

And I am doing everything that you list. Meds as prescribed are the oxy 'as needed' and aspirin, and some Tylenol.
Icing like an igloo. Elevating like an elevator. Resting like a rug. :)
Have call into OS and waiting for word back and possible new ideas. I will survive. (cue Gloria Gaynor music)

My mom had a Medicare mess up that needed straightening out today and I was surprised at the diminished brain function and memory gaps I had in dealing with it! But aside from that so far I've been lucky not to have any bad side effects from the oxy.

Ok then, hip is captain of the ship. I shall sit back and enjoy the cruise and not try to re-direct the course!
:kayak:
 
@1stSurgery everyone has encouraging words for you but I am not happy with that level of pain? Please contact your surgery or tag Josie in please? 10 days is ridiculous to be putting up with that level of pain. So being brave and complain!!!!
I AGREE!! I have a call in, they are a very busy office but let's see what they say.
My hope is it will be like the hairdresser, you make the appointment when your hair is frightful looking ...and the day of the salon visit you wake up with gorgeous lustrous hair. That kind of thing... Haha!
 
@Alitm thanks, will look at the chart and see. Sorry about your energy but that is so typical and understandable at this stage. Give in and go with the urge to nap!! Think about all those stressed out days ahead when we are back in the world, hoofing it up, and will have no good excuse to lay around snoozing! :)
Take good care of your new baby! She needs lots of naps and nourishment and love!
 
Eeeeeek!!!! @lovesstars :yikes::yikes::yikes:
If your chart is accurate that means I'm going to be in this bed like this in pain for ...Three Weeks?!
For 11 more days?
No! I refuse!!
Curiously last time I saw all kinds of changes in the first 3 weeks from pain to ROM to walking and general stiffness vs flexibility. I guess it is true, they are ALL uniquely different, these hippy hips!!
Today I am doing the stairs "homework" that I've put off for two days now due to pain. I'll do it when I'm not dizzy from meds but before they've worn off. With hubby.
That will make a huge difference if I can get those down and be able to be a hunter-gatherer in my own kitchen, relieving hubby of all those trips. At this point it's probably an apt description too, seeing as I've not been up there since Sept 22 ....I can only imagine how hubby has it looking! Suoer-spouse he be, but kitchen clean up is not in his top ten list of skills.
Hope your heat is getting repaired, your Mom is calm and your pain subsiding!
 
Let us know when you hear something from the OS's office.
Worried about you with pain at that level.
Big hugs and wishes for comfort :console2:
@1stSurgery
 
@1stSurgery that is awful. I had a rough start (!) and moaned a lot here but by week three it was better - probably because I had the right meds. You shouldn’t have to suffer this way and I really hope you can get it sorted.
 
Waiting to hear what your doc has to say about the meds! Thinking of you @1stSurgery I hear you on the three weeks being the same on the chart thing. I'm patiently waiting for it to go by, to inch up a knotch to week four, and I'm not at the end of week three...but who's counting!!! :bored:
I'm doing better on the pain side of things, but still :mcoffee: with the energy drain. Perhaps if we could share the load we'd be in a tolerable place, for both of us!!
 
Thank you @Layla @SurreyGirl and @Alitm! I'm floaty now after taking meds and doing some basic work around here but it's not easy working on half a brain! :)
Alitm i would trade you the energy zaps for the pain if you want to negotiate. Just walking would be lots of fun right now! I'm in that same energy drain place though so you wouldn't gain much in the trade. I think pain really siphons off a lot of our reserves of energy in the tank. I keep trying to imagine a future date when this is all behind me. But wow, what a difference this is!! I never completed the bad hip / better hip survey to see whether the more deteriorated arthritic side ends up being the hardest recovery side in 9 out of 10 hippys. I suspect that may be so. In my case it is by X-rays and by my top-rated femoral head video!! :heehee::heehee:

I think this will be a good room clearer later on, when I'm well and out at parties.... Ask someone if they'd like to see my sawed-off femoral head video!? Hahahaha! I jest.
 
Call them again. Tell them how high your pain is...Just like last time!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's funny you should say that, on their voicemail message they specifically state to NOT leave multiple messages on the same issue ...that they will call you back in the order received! They'll get back tonight or in the morning, they always do but it's usually a wait.
 
@1stSurgery So glad you called and hope you will get an answer soonest. My first reaction to you getting the answering machine was the same as @lovesstars 's reaction..."Call them again"..... but I take the point about not leaving multiple messages. I am praying that it is a 24 hour help line?

The pain zaps your energy, on top of the healing drain. Double whammy, yikes!

I'm so sorry you are going through this experience and I :praying: you get relief soon. I understand your wanting to relieve your hubby of the "feeding schedule" and be an independent consumer, but right now, that isn't an option. Those stairs have to wait until you are sorted out pain wise :bignono:.
More Cyber hugs coming your way in the meantime......:flwrysmile:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom