Guest viewing is limited

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

I am using tapatalk app and was able to post now...getting around firewall. So you can read now.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
@1stSurgery not as many cuddles as I would like unfortunately. Work, distance etc etc get in the way! Your sleep is good so hold on to that. I used to get up for at least 5 bathroom trips, possibly more!!! Call your os demand more pain meds........!!!!
 
The reason it's so bad at waking is I take last oxy when I go to sleep or just before ...so it's about 7-8 hrs later when I wake and they've worn off. I am very fortunate to mostly be sleeping through the night, sometimes one pre sunrise bathroom trip. Which is good. Maybe I need to schedule an alarm to wake up and take more ...

Hi 1stSurgery! I think you may be right about the duration without medication. I think at just 9 days, going 8 hours might be too much (experts please chime in.) This wasn't a problem for me with Dilaudid. It doesn't seem to be much of a sleep aid as it sounds like Oxy might be. So I was up every few hours regardless. The only one who thought this was good was our cat, who apparently I was dishing out huge gobs of food for every time I woke up.

At the same time, 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is a treasure, so not sure what to advise. Other than to wish you the very best. It was week 4 here before I felt I could see some light, so wishing that for you even sooner!
 
HI @Ausman! :snork: Hysterical about your cat enjoying mid morning feasts! I know how much they love that.

Yes, I'm very fortunate to have near perfect sleep cycles since surgery, especially given a total lack of sleep before THR, that's all good and has to be promoting healing whether I can notice it or not. I'm also super lucky to have excellent digestion issues this time, which may partially be why I'm going "easy" on oxy schedule to preserve the good tummy and bathroom issues. It's all running so well at the moment I hate to upset any balance. Just the pain. If tomorrow is the same, I'll call the OS and see if he may have an alternative pain plan. My post op appt is soon, Oct 9. Hopefully I won't be going in in my nighty on a walker!!

Thanks so much for the kind well wishes, very sweet. Your newborn hip is only a month old but I'm happy you took that recent turn and saw the light. Im looking for that light out on the horizon!
 
HI @Ausman! :snork: Hysterical about your cat enjoying mid morning feasts! I know how much they love that.

And my defense is that I have no recollection whatsoever! :kittykiss:

Thanks so much for the kind well wishes, very sweet. Your newborn hip is only a month old but I'm happy you took that recent turn and saw the light.

And thank you as well! Alas that right shoulder is daily asserting itself more and more since my surgery and kept me awake a good bit last night. I know my OS has some shoulder specialists in their practice. I will seek a referral this week if it continues to worsen. It's my "cane shoulder" and I know that is contributing. Probably sleeping on it not helping too. Man this stuff ain't for wimps!

Gotta run- my bride tells me it's time for my "meds"! :martini:
 
Oh I hope the shoulder won't need surgery, @Ausman, at least not for a long time, if so! No, none of this is for sissies. I'm still on a quest to figure out why there's so many more cases of younger arthritis today (at least in US) than when we were young.... and, aside from genetics, what are the contributing factors that make up the difference. I was so surprised to learn bone health wasn't necessarily related to joint health. At least in my case, bones all show as excellent per OS. Joints Not so good. The key must lie in the health and nourishment of the cartilage, of the connective tissue and maybe the sinovial fluid. Seeing my poor little "bald" femoral head image - stripped of all its protective cartilage was dramatic. There were no more miles left on her.
Have a lovely pain free evening!
 
Calling him tomorrow if it's not better @Bevlah ! Get those cuddles in excess whenever you can! Super endorphin rush!! Excellent medicine for healing hippys. I need to rent a grandkid, might help get rid of this pain. Will check on Amazon Prime! :)
 
I need to rent a grandkid
Another option is a kid's talent agency. Heck, the audition process could be all you need: just have the agency send over a string of dewy-eyed little angels, and have each do an improv based around something like, "oh good and wonderful slightly older sister [it's your script, so why not?], I'm sooo sorry you hurt so bad! Here's a big ol' hug to make you feel alllll better." And when that agency gets wise, just call another one - LA's got to be full of 'em!

Seriously, all the best getting that pain under control. Pain sucks.
 
Thanks @Bone-obo for the sleuth hire a grandkid plan! Seems so many healing hippies here have grandkids to play with ...I'm feeling left out! What a relief that would be! And yep, pain sucks big time but I'm going to try to put my big girl pants on and deal with it. Not a lot of options. Appreciate the good wishes. Tonight will be special healing meditations and hopefully wake up tomorrow to some relief.
Sleep well!
 
Meds, ice, meditate. Seems to me you might have to up the meds and up the pumpkin? Sorry the pain is giving you such a hard time :bored: . Hoping you get a restful night :sleep:and cyber hugs coming your way.....:console2:
 
Oh poor @1stSurgery ! There should be a 'what a shame' emoji for us to press. What a horrid time you're having and how I admire you for your entertaining posts when you're having such a hard time. Definitely speak to your doctor. It might be early days but that's a lot of pain. Also set your alarm for a small hours pill of some kind. I still do 3/4 bathroom trips each night but mostly to relieve the boredom of waking yet again with knee and old hip pain and also it is relieved by moving about.
I also have right shoulder pain @Ausman and guess it's cane pain as it was there to an extent before surgery. Worse from hauling me across the bed I think. Wonder if I should treat it more as a 'sports injury'(hollow laugh from one who never did sport in her life!) My visiting physios were unable to suggest anything useful for it.
 
Thanks @Alitm im just taking my bedtime oxy now with some applesauce and about to try for a nights sleep. Been ok with sleeping through the night. Maybe tomorrow will bring some relief! Hope you have a restful healing night as well with your new baby hip! We may not have grandkids but we have newborn hips we can baby! :)

@bickypeg thank you sweetie but I will be OK. I actually have a really resilient body and general health so I think this is just some weird anomaly --or the universe deciding unilaterally that I need to learn some more lessons from some more pain! I've got the meds right at bedside so should I wake up in need they're there. I just enjoy sleeping so much too! Sorry about your shoulder too, this hip recovery does put extra strain on our upper bodies. I actually have a bruised elbow from supporting my weight in the bed and doing the scoot! Lol

Sleep well dear hippies! Tomorrow it's going to feel a little better.
 
Gosh @1stSurgery That is a lot to cope with. It really does sound like your Mother really does not understand and the pressure on you is incredible. The point made re how would you cope if she had an accident is very valid here. At least you have a date for her departure but it is a shame you cannot bring it forward.

Think carefully about that wedding. You really have to put yourself first. Take care and I think a lot of people here feel for you and support you xx
 
Thanks @SurreyGirl but I think you meant that post for @lovesstars thread, you may want to repost. No worries!

I woke with another sunrise of horrible pain. Can't really go on like this with no improvement. So it's day 10 and I will call OS to see what they suggest. Much more swelling this time too, and I'm icing constantly since I can't really walk. Ankle deformed looking and swollen at outside. Kneecap looks like somebody hit it head on with a hammer, big huge bruise over entire patella. Pain everywhere below waist on right, even heels. Getting good sleep with the Oxycodone, so one would think things might improve, even in small increments ...with all that rest. Seems I'll have to cancel my upcoming work, it's so late now to be in bed still. Can't imagine I'll be good to go in under 3 weeks. But I guess anythings possible...

This is not an official whine, just a report for posterity. I'm all whined out! Not expecting to be pain free, just some tiny small little sign of improvement. Will see if Amazon prime has a deal on patience.
:beg:
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom