Guest viewing is limited

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Hello ladies!

I have just said on a pm to someone that, if I had been brave enough to watch that vid before the op there is no way I would have done the intense physio I did. Whoever said that their OS suggested physio only after 6 weeks recovery has the right idea. Trust me , if you think the scar in the surface is bad enough post op what is underneath is a whole other story.

I am very glad I watched it and it does explain the pain when I was under medicated. I was cross with myself for being such a crying mess for the first few days but having seen this can now understand why!
 
@SurreyGirl in that respect I think it is important that we all should watch it. Like you, I would've had an entirely different attitude re meds had I seen that no doubt. But mine was also largely brain fog, nights with no sleep, just out of surgery and no real concept what meds I'd been given when. But that amount of pain after just 12 hrs on day one without meds.... I never want to experience again. And I'm sure the video would underline that. I'm still going super light in the little in bed exercises. Glad you were able to watch it and share what you gleaned!
 
Yay! Good for her. My appetite certainly has not suffered at all. I scoffed a great big plate of mussels with white wine and cream today at our local pub.
Hubby made some lovely homemade bread with part Canadian white and part buckwheat flour. Delicious.
 
That ALL sounds scrumptious!! MmMm, homemade bread. Now I'm suddenly hungry again... I do think we need a thread to honor the "Super Spouses" who have their share of stresses going through this THR adventure with us as well. I keep reminding my husband of his vows in case he ever gets cranky, which isn't often with these surgeries I will say. First time he's had to deal with "in sickness" -- so I held off for decades!

Maybe I will put a thread on social page if anyone has good spouse support stories.

Think body just told me it's nap time....
 
@SurreyGirl in that respect I think it is important that we all should watch it. Like you, I would've had an entirely different attitude re meds had I seen that no doubt. But mine was also largely brain fog, nights with no sleep, just out of surgery and no real concept what meds I'd been given when. But that amount of pain after just 12 hrs on day one without meds.... I never want to experience again. And I'm sure the video would underline that. I'm still going super light in the little in bed exercises. Glad you were able to watch it and share what you gleaned!

I can identify with that! I really wish I had listened to some of the bonesmart admin earlier on the second day when the pain on awakening was off the scale and I should have questioned the medication there and then as Jacey and others suggested. I couldn’t even move across the bed to try to stand up without crying... and there was no way I could hobble with the walker to the loo so I had a commode - which I hated.

The pain I have now seems mainly to be due to overworked muscles and completely different. Annoying but manageable.
 
Love them - and occasionally hate them, I am grateful to spouses that rally round. Mine was difficult to start with and was hell when I was in the Recovery home but I think it was out of fear of the unknown. Once I was home and set a few ground rules things got a lot better. He is around during the day as works from home but has rehearsals in the evening so I am in my own for some of the time then. So far it has worked out ok...
 
Trail mix is good, @1stSurgery ...

My bf has been gone >12 hours a day since the second procedure and he's the cook. Today we had a new range and dishwasher delivered, to be installed tomorrow, and the kitchen is in complete chaos, which it already was to a degree. The sitting area at the end consists of my couch/bed and a coffee table piled with baskets (meds, toiletries, PJs, tees etc. etc.)

I have the fridge nearby but couldn't cook even if I wanted to. There's a toaster oven. I've eaten two English muffins, one with peanut butter and the other with almond butter; whole-grain crackers with cheese; plum, apple, prunes. A Luna bar. A frozen yogurt bar.

Yes to the oxy and clean hair combo, @Going4fun and 1st. I'm going to make my way through the obstacle course of new appliances and boxes and do a sink-shampoo. I'm a little hesitant about showering without anyone nearby.

Is it really bad that I've been bending to feed Albert?? I thought that was a posterior-approach precaution. Aww here's the little boy now, getting all comfy on my new hip just as I was planning to go get the shampoo...
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery
    Albert in wastebasket.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 142
Hi all — I also did a sink hair-wash two days before I even attempted the shower. I agree with you, @EL11, I would not attempt a shower on your own — again likes to live dangerously much?

Here also — lots of almond butter on crackers, walnuts...etc. That’s my jam — or non-jam, as it were.

And yes, Albert is such a cutie.
 
Need to get my hair done and can probably venture out to my hairdresser now if can get a lift. I have had some hair loss since the op and a rather fetching Munster Family type white streak which has got to be sorted so I get back to my fat glam 58 year old self..!
 
@Alitm mentioned I post the Protein ideas I've posted before if full meals don't sound appealing.
Here's a few -
Nuts
Trail Mix
Turkey roll ups (cheese or veggies rolled inside the turkey)
Greek Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
Hard Boiled Eggs
Tuna
Veggies & Hummus
Peanut Butter and Apple
Peanut Butter on Celery
Cheese Slices
Beef Sticks
Protein Bars
Protein Shakes
Canned Salmon on Crackers
Edamame
Chicken Salad
No Bake Energy Bites (many online recipes)
 
@Alitm - I certainly think so, thanks on his behalf ❤️❤️❤️ He’s very affectionate, almost like a little dog in some ways.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery
    42FE43A4-9681-4C0B-AE8A-D147A36E34C8.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 130
When I was growing up, my neighbours growing up had Siamese cats. They were so smart, and very dog like in many ways. I have a gorgeous stable cat, have always had rescues, and always black...not sure why, but they always seem to have amazing personalities. When we lived in Bermuda, the stable cats could come and go as they pleased, and could get into the tack/feed room over the top of the wall plate...everything was open to keep the barn cool . Here on Vancouver Island, we have lots of big "critters", eagles, cougars, bears, wolves etc., so our rescue kitty had to stay in the heated tack/feed room for six months as he could have been swooped up by a predator. His name is "Zenith" and he follows me around the barn and the farm like a dog. He sleeps in the tack room at night, but in the warmer months he is out hunting all day. There are plenty of places for him to hide and find safety, but he is always in at night. He is huge and looks like a black panther!
 
@Alitm Photo of Zenith?

I adopted Albert long-distance from Houston. We met via FaceTime chat :D He was brought cross-country by an outfit called Rescue Road Trips.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom