THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

WELCOME to @1stSurgery 's Other Side Party!!. At the request of the band, we are celebrating in Black & White. Okay, someone turn out the lights. when she comes in we'll all yell ...something cheering! :)
[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery
 
Bring on the one legged tap dance!! Wooohoooo!!! It was so good!!! In early, out early all excellent. Pain 3-4 at best, dilaudid worked like a charm. Everyone so kind I think I saw halos on some heads. Came to private room with big lasagne lunch and zucchini. Friend brought me an orchid, hubby was excellent. I'm telling you it couldn't have gone better, still groggy but good. Except.. PT came in an getting me out of bed (on wrong side) she lifted op leg across the midline and big bad sharp owee!! I shouted out STOP! That was pre hall walk.so the walk was shortened by the jabbing pain she caused, inadvertently. Getting better now though. Shame and happened so fast, ruined a good PT session which determines discharge. Will be better tomorrow.

But the coolest thing....apart from my party decorations (thanks @An54!!) and my party talent team..... The coolest--- I asked for pix and got a video!!!! Righty had her own post mortem screen test, narrated by the surgeon. I'm so excited to see this. She was an utter mess, as suspected. One big all white patch at top indicated the bone on Bone wear....but full of bone spurs and gnarly holes and craters. It was nasty.

They're back in for vitals gotta go. Thanks for all the sweet support hippys!
 
Last edited:
:wave:@1stSurgery Great to see you on the other side!!! Don't you love @An54 's decorating?! Amazing!

You will be able to pass your PT tomorrow with flying colours and get home. That past-the-midline event was very unfortunate :flabber: and I'll politely leave it at that!
Great that you have the film evidence of the demise of Righty! No more :good-bad:!
Hope you get some restful healing sleep tonight, knowing that you have two new wonderful hips:dancy::happydance::yes!::yay::loveshwr:
 
Congrats!!! It's finally over....you're a double hippy :happydance:You sound wonderful.
No more countdowns, it's onto healing now. Thankfully your pain is well managed.
I hope you're feeling blissfully relieved and excited to finally move forward.
I'm so happy for you :friends: Sweet dreams tonight :yawn: :sleep:
Yay!!!! You did it!!
@1stSurgery
 
@An54....fabulous decor!! Love the whole theme. Have no B&W here but feeling it. And thanks for bringing the wine @Bionic. Save some for later. I'm an Oxycodone party pooper ( well... not literally a pooper yet..) and I'm headed to sleep before I make ridiculous typos. :)

Yes @Layla et al, it feels great to have a new hip and see the twins are back together. You should've see how bad ole righty was!! One side was flat, not even curved. The top or "crown" was hardened white stone bone from the daily grind. He tapped it with a metal instrument in the video and it sounded like he was tapping a granite countertop. Poor ole righty.

Enjoy the party till I catch up and find out tomorrow if PT lady did any real damage.

Until then..... :zzz::sleep::yawn:
 
:)
I do impressions...hard to explain but imagine pulling up and down...simulating jumping jacks...Jane Fonda...hold sideways "arms" pulling up and down...Johnny Weismuller.
Hold vertical, spin....Dorothy Hamill:eyebrows:
Loses a bit with translation!:whistle:
 
That video would be so interesting! Wish I would have thought of that.
Why weren't you in my life sooner?!!
I hope you had a peaceful overnight and your pain is well controlled.
Maybe you're even homeward bound today? :fingersx:
Sending lots of hugs your way :friends:
@1stSurgery
 
Well I was able to experience what classic sleep deprivation torture is like last night!! Silly me retired at 10 pm thinking I'd get some good hours of shut eye. Every 30-60 mins I hear Knock knock knock. Checking your vitals, checking your breathing, checking your urine count, checking your heart, bringing in your pills, bringing IV pain meds, checking IV, did I mention checking your pee, and my favorite...every hour....Do you want to pee now? 1 am, 2 am, 3 am, 4 am....at 4 I finally told them I'd be ready to go at 5 and please don't come a knockin until 5. So I had a glorious hour of REM sleep 4-5 and that was it but it's ok so far.

Scary PT lady is back now and hovering, I ordered pain meds before she gets a hold of me again. She had grabbed my ankle and to get me out of bed, on the wrong side, pulled it over other leg as if crossing my legs!! On the day of surgery. That pain was 8-10 level and messed up my whole impress the PT with walking skills routine. It has gone down to a 6 now after that luxurious night of 1 Hour sleep....

BUT, all that said.... I'm so happy and loving my new hips, the twins!! Legs are both longer now so there will be a rebalancing act to learn later. Surgeon beni Hana is brilliant. He did 12 hips yesterday and started at 5am at hospital, came to see me in room at 7pm. That's a long day! And made my cool video. @Layla it's fantastic because that one body part really shows a sort of history of your activities. In my case she was run ragged, poor righty. I lived a lot! But now new shiny hip is ready for round two. I'm delighted.

Thanks again to all Bonesmarters and hey!! How about that entertainment at the party!! @Mojo333 rocking the corkscrew, love the one legged tap dancing and superb horse impressions and decor!! DO hippys know how to party?! Or what?!

They say release today but depending on pt which is why I asked for pain meds before pt. an minute I will be in the hall doing triple pirouettes (in my mind) and high kicks...with my Walker of course.

Yesterday doing hall walk pt on pain meds with Walker and girlfriend in front on IV pole duty.... Accidentally walked back into the wrong room, the room before mine. There was an elderly man in the bed awake and surprised to see 3 women charging in. He seemed very happy. Here is PT woman now. Wish me luck!!! Xxx
 
Last edited:
Scary PT woman was here and we did ok. Pain about 6 in hip when standing but 0-2 when sitting, laying. So it's getting better from yesterday's 8-9. A pity she did that though, it was going so well. I ran thru all the usual heel slides, abductor slides, quads, glute stuff ...all fine. Even bridges..just to get discharged! And I'm going home in a few hours! Stairs will be challenging at home (15) due to that strain but it should go away in a few days I hope. We are planning on giving a holiday party at home to celebrate when the twins will both be kicking and twirling. All in all a good experience. Despite PT injury. I got 2 breakfasts today due to a mix up and ate both! Pancakes and bacon and eggs! Was really good, surprisingly. Not a bad spa... :)
 
Hooray for home! No place like it.
Let us know how you knocked down those stairs like a champ when you're chillin later.
Slow and steady you'll make it to the top. I have faith in you.
Wishing you a safe and comfy ride home.
@1stSurgery
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom