THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Haha! I don't think we are thinking clearly with those pre-op jitters.
A month before my one year anniversary, the surgery center where I had my op called to tell me
they were still holding a bag of my clothes. I was puzzled and asked, "what clothes?"
She said "well, whatever you wore here, haven't we called you until now?" I told her no, this was the first call I received from them and hadn't missed whatever it was I wore there. However, I had been missing a brand new bra. I ripped through my drawers and closet looking for it several times. Hubs drawers too. Looked behind my washer and dryer figuring it got flung back there when hubby did the laundry while I was in early recovery. No such luck. But guess what?! It was in the bag when I picked up my clothes 11 months post op :happydance: along with a flannel shirt and jeans. Flannel shirt and jeans on a beautiful warm sunny day at the end of June. What was I thinking as I dressed early that morning? Clearly, I wasn't thinking. I did have a laugh over it once I had the bag in my hands and curiosly ripped it open to look at my lamb on the way to slaughter outfit. That's how I felt that morning. What a goon, huh?!!:heehee:
@1stSurgery
 
Wow, @Layla, 11 months seeking the missing bra and flannel!! Funny story, but I think it's like comfort food ...we want to wear comfort clothes when going to ...slaughter. Let's just say, "to surgery!" It's all part of that soft, warm, fuzzy instinct ...so it makes perfect sense to me that you'd choose that to wear. I might just want to report in wearing a soft flannel onesie clutching my teddy bear if I could. :) Now back to my baggy pants with that in mind.
 
Hope today is a Good Day.:SUNsmile:
I had a soft flannel onesie (adult size given to me as a gag gift for Christmas) that I was wearing 5 months pre-op that hubby found me in one horrid sleepless night...trying to work on how I could attach to a corner wall with velcro so I can attempt sleeping standing up! True story, sad...but true.:sigh:
You will do well:tada:
And no more hip pain:yes!:
 
Last edited:
Haha! @Mojo333 I think you meant to say "onesie" and autocorrect made it "obedient' and I'm trying to figure out what a 'flannel obedient' might be ....and how is it I've never heard of it!! Then the Image of you trying to attach yourself to a wall standing up...with Velcro... Well, it all got kind of scary!! :rotfl:

I love onesies and remember as a kid wearing them way past the time I should've been. So cozy!

Obedients however.... I've not tried. :) Nor attaching myself to a wall with Velcro.... I'm just not that adventurous!
 
Wishing you peace of mind and lots of comfort for the day.
Hang on, relief is in sight....finally!
Will be checking in here later.
A big comforting hug to you @1stSurgery
 
[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery


ONLY 1 MORE DAY ...UNTIL SOMETHING 1-DERFUL HAPPENS TO MY HIP!

Hip hip hooray!!!
It's finally one day!!!

:wave::egypdance::ok::wowspring::flwrysmile::happydance::yay:
 
So cute! Love! You are very creative and HILARIOUS!
Sending another hug :friends:can't get too many today, right?
@1stSurgery
 
Yay!! What time is surgery? We'll all be celebrating for you while you are still snoozing through it all!! :cheers::happydance::flwrysmile: and then we'll celebrate some more when you are fully aware that you have TWO new lovely shiny hips!:yes!::dancy::yahoo:
 
Well, I fixed it before I read your post so now people will think you are crazy instead of me.:dubious:

I did have it all figured out. A 'stopper" for my feet should they slide, possible a small pillow velcroed to wall for my head...It is called Desperation with a capital DESPERATE.

Nice not to have any more nights or days with OA pain.:) :-) (:
 
Thank you for all the hugs and well wishes! Yes, multiple hugs are always good!! I feel the warm support of the BoneSmart cheering squad, get those Pom poms ready!
They said to report for registration at 5:30 AM, same as last time when I was first up...which was my request this time. But they said, No you are not first. My surgery will be at 8 am. Close enough. So I asked if I'm second up and apparently that's State's Secret because she said "I cannot disclose that information"... Mysterious. I think it must be second. I'm setting alarm for 11:15 to eat that last before midnight snack just in case I'm fourth or he runs late, but Beni Hana surgery is pretty fast. I was out in under an hour last time!
Bag is packed with one extra pair baggy pants and one extra shirt. Bedroom is flipped for other side to be featured from bed. Nails painted. Dinner planned for 6:30, halibut w/ shallots and broccoli. Hibiclens shower ready to roll. Up at 4am since hospital is 45 min -one hr away but at least there won't be traffic. Only time in LA there isn't much traffic.
Thanks again and see you on the other side!!
Better get those horse impressions going!
Big hugs back to you fellow hipsters and staff!! Thanks so much for sending me off. See you at the recovery party....
:loveshwr::roseshwr::prayer::angel:​
 
Wait — you get to have painted nails?? I had to remove all nail polish from fingers and toes. LUCKY YOU!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Wait — you get to have painted nails?? I had to remove all nail polish from fingers and toes. LUCKY YOU!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oooh, I don't know! My toes are not done, just fingers. Do I need to take it off? Anyone? I mean I didn't ask the surgeon...and had no instructions about it. Hmmm
 
My surgeon said no nail polish on toes or fingernails. But then again, I had to drink at least 24 oz. if Gateraide the morning of surgery so I know surgeons differ.

Good luck tomorrow - it’s such a relief when it’s over!
 
Nurse just called and I had so many questions I totally forgot to ask re the nail polish. But she did say I can drink clear liquids at 4 am, they like you to be hydrated she said. Yay! Coconut water it is for 4 am. The nails came out so nice!! Not sure what to do. :unsure:
Guess I can try to call her back...
 
Left a message re nails! Argh, stupid ...I've got a brain buzzing with last minute details. They're a very busy office so I hope they call back! Thanks for the heads up. I'd think they'd have notified me if its verboten.
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom