Guest viewing is limited

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Love!
I'm going to go through withdrawal when the daily numbers and your clever sentiment below are no more.
But that's okay because it will mean your nasty OA pain will be gone and you'll be on your way! :happydance:
Wishing you comfort as you wait out these last few days :friends:
@1stSurgery
 
Well turns out they are all wrong now, the numbers.

Just got a call from OS office. He had an emergency in family and is no longer available on Thursday so they moved the surgery to Friday september 21. It's upsetting for some reason when you have been so ready for SO LONG for a given date. Anyways, add on 24 more hours of pain!

:thud:
 
@Layla, or @Mojo333 --given the rescheduling, can you please change my date on posts to Sept 21 instead of 20 --and also might as well change out the thread title to "1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery"
Thank you!!
 
@1stSurgery I am intrigued why you call the painful hip a her? Surely if it's not behaving, is painful and unreliable surely it should be a he......... Just saying :heehee:
It just became clear to me early on that lefty was a man and righty a woman. Far be it from me to argue, especially with her! She's a real drama queen that one. He, lefty, can be somewhat boring and predictable ...but he stoically holds it all in and doesn't like to make a big fuss for attention. She on the other hand adores attention. She'd like you to be talking about and thinking about her all day / all night long. He'd just enjoy a pair of clean socks and a nice walk from time to time but she makes that impossible. In classic sibling rivalry form....they do not talk to each other. Once she's replaced with her bot version, I'm sure they will get along. And we'll all be one happy bionic family.
 
Now that my surgery is a week away... and not 6 days.. I need to start over with the "7"!!


[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery


SEVEN DAYS UNTIL (EVIL) RIGHT HIP GETS REPLACED BY CEMENT AND METAL!

BUT... IS ANYBODY EVEN COUNTING???
 
@1stSurgery
Sorry to hear about your delay. You gear yourself up for it then it changes. Luckily it's only one day later than planned.
I had my op on a Friday. I hope yours works out just as well as mine did.
 
Thanks @Bionic, I will now work up an elaborate story about Lucky Friday's ...to psyche myself into a belief system. It only has to last another week! :) I will manipulate data to convince myself that 99 out of 100 surgeries performed on Fridays heal on the average of 74% faster than those done on other days of the week. Starting with Bionic's THR!
:ok:
Edit to add: wow, just noticed yours was actually on Friday the 13th!! :yikes:
 
Aha! As I suspected... Irish folklore says it's good luck to move into a new house on a Friday. And, in essence, my new hip will be moving into its new home in my body on that very day. A Friday.

Irish folklore also says that if you churn your butter on a Friday, you will produce more butter...I've not yet found the THR tie in with that one, but I will. I do use Kerrygold Irish butter though, which is bound to bring me even more Friday luck.

There's Good Friday, Black Friday, Freaky Friday and Thank God It's Friday.

I think that's enough. I've convinced myself this was indeed a most fortuitous change in the schedule!!

Now I'm off to go churn some butter...
:happydance::cheers::egypdance:
 
:sigh:Oh my stars....hurry up and wait.:shrug:
I remember I was so uninformed and naive when pregnant with my first son they have me a due date of August 20.
For 8 1/2 months I thought August 20, August 20...baby due.:)
I didn't even stress.
August 19, packed my bag and went to bed.
August 20 woke up, sat on couch and waited...AND 21st and 22nd...
And on and on...:nah:
Long story short (kind of) I cried all day September 1st.
It was supposed to be August, for crying out loud.:tantrum:
Sam was born September 3rd...9 pounds! 2 1/2 weeks late.
Total pain in the ...well anyway...
I've forwarded your requested changes AND thread title to the powers that be...
Just hurry up and wait AND pray this doesn't turn into groundhog day!:heehee:
(You know it will be okay...we've got this)
 
Last edited:
Wow @Mojo333!! 9 lbs! :scaredycat:That's a big boy! You are a brave woman though, you bilateral Bionic's.

I'm all good with the delay, one more day of pain after waiting 45 days from scheduling day isn't too bad. I'm so relieved @Alitm finally checked in...was getting nervous about her.
 
May, as a July Hippy, I bring my violin to your post op party? I can serenade you anything from an Irish jig to the Four Seasons.

Sorry to hear about your delay - loved the comment about Kerrygold Butter - that brings back memories :)

I am now folowwing your countdown too xx
 
Thank you @SurreyGirl, of course you may attend the sapphire post op bash! Everyone is welcome! Would love to hear your violin as well, could use it right now!!

Sorry to report things are not going well here in these last days. The pain of evil hip has become so excruciating that I've been unable to sleep much at all for over a week and last night I was up till just after sunrise, hurting so badly, feels like something is fractured in there. Slept 6:30 till 8 when phone rang then 8:30 till 10:30 and that's all I can manage. Then I just cried!! I am concerned going into surgery without rest isn't a good optimum scenario. I guess I'll try some naps. Evil right hip is being over the top evil. Hoping it changes.
 
Awww sorry to hear that. If it is any consolation I yelped every time my hubby drove over a pothole in the car on the way to hospital and was averaging 3 hours sleep a night on our holiday in June prior to the op. Stabbing pain in the hip and the leg gave way a few times too. I definitely knew it was time...

My recovery now is steady but slow but (touch wood) the only pain I have had recently is muscle pain from PT when overdoing it and I am learning my lesson. Very little pain now and starting to get confident in the fact that it will all get better.

Best of luck to you. Violin ready and waiting x
 
@1stSurgery
I know it isn't much consolation but I didn't get much sleep for some time before my op. It was getting me down so much and I thought I was the only person like it until I read the stories of others on here.
It's difficult to be positive with things as they are but you don't have long now until it's all over.

I have just been reading the thread from @Altim and it's great to hear that straight after her op her OA pain had gone. Not long now and that will be you.
 
I know it isn't much consolation but I didn't get much sleep for some time before my op
Me either...hang in there friend!
Pain meds didn't help me at all either once it was that bad. Much sympathy
 
I'm not only sorry you have to wait an extra day but so sorry you're in such excruciating pain.
Prayers for your comfort as you wait out these final days.
I hope you're able to sleep tonight.
@1stSurgery
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom