Guest viewing is limited

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Last one and done...not much longer (you've got all of us counting:heehee:)
Think unless she decided to take a detour, I'm in the all clear for Florence.
Am thinking of all NC folk...
Hope today is a good day @1stSurgery :angel:
 
I'm going to miss being entertained by you while you're not feeling ship shape.
Hopefully your pain is well managed, for your comfort, and so we don't have to miss out on the laughs.
You're big day is on its way, relief is getting all the closer :happydance:
@1stSurgery
 
Safety Alert - in reference to using spray on moisturizers, make sure to stand on a bath towel before spraying. The overspray onto a bare floor, wood, ceramic could pose a slipping / falling risk. I've never used these myself, but someone else here did and mentioned that safety tip.
 
:) 7 Days :)
... we are preparing a welcome party here on The Other Side @1stSurgery , where @Alitm will be joining us very soon.

Altim, have you started your own thread in this side yet? We will want to start in with the irreverent comments asap on your own dedicated thread! Or did I miss it? . If your experience (coming up soon!) is anything like mine, you will be wide awake two or three hours after surgery, gobbling down lunch, and logging on to your laptop to catch up on news and such. Maybe it was a kind of rebound effect, but I felt awake enough for a game of chess --and pint of stout-- when I had been expecting to be drifting in and out of consciousness post-op for a couple for days afterwards, just managing to shuffle to the loo. It was all quite different than I expected. Instead I was energized. In my head, anyway. Of course mine was just one hip, and you are having both done. But staying comfortable with meds, and keeping ahead of the pain, you may be surprised how alert you are so quickly after surgery. At least I was surprised. It seemed to me so very scary going in, but we are lucky to be able to get such good care here. Two more days! exciting times. Sooner mended, sooner mended. No, that can't be right. Sooner mended, gently tended, pain is ended, life amended, Gad it's splendid!


 
So right evil twin hip knows her day is soon upon us (how ever did she hear? I've been so quiet about it...) and she is kicking up a storm on the last trot to the stables days. She won't let me sleep each night until ...about 4 am. All the carefully analyzed pillow strategy is even failing to provide enough comfort. But it's only EIGHT more days, or so I hear. Not that I'm paying much attention....maybe it's 9. Who knows... :)

Yes, Flo looks very wicked and I'm hoping this might end up being more of a media hyping it up situation, rather than the monster storm of the century. Sometimes we get surprised in a good way after dire forecasts. We will see but it's terrifying. Feel so bad for everyone having to evacuate and spend the next days in fear.

Everyone take care out there!!
 
Yes @An54 a party for the other side is a good idea! I'll be interested to note differences between the 2 sides, left v right. I have predetermined that this one will be a smooth, fast... very fast, super duper fast, warp speed fast...recovery. And this time I won't suffer the heartbreak of the other hip giving out one month into recovery.
So... You are nominated in charge of decor, party favors, food and beverage dept. Since you have those renown organizational skills! I will be the latecomer a week after @Alitm. I now fear I may have fallen deep enough down the fluff rabbit hole to where where there is no return ...:mute: so I will shut up!
 
Yes @An54 a party for the other side is a good idea! .... I now fear I may have fallen deep enough down the fluff rabbit hole to where where there is no return ...:mute: so I will shut up!

@1stSurgery , 8 days, not 7? Got ahead of myself. That was an advance post, a forecast if you will.
Yes, we tip precariously over the rabbit hole--or wait; maybe it's not a hole so much as a trench, or a canal, and it runs parallel along side us at every turn, and with every experience--every time we have the urge to colour outside the lines, then we are in danger of falling into the rabbit canal, filled with rabbit fluff. But this IS hip related because I am seguing into my 8 week update, related strictly as unfolding , without embellishments.... and in fact I should post it on my own thread.

I will work on party decorations.
 
Now they want to say hurricane is going to stall AND double back :skep:
Our organization works closely with local emergency management and local VOAD.
(Volunteer organization that organizes resources)
Lots of meetings...guessing alot for Nada...but better safe than sorry!
We have some thunderstorms and winds during the summer that are pretty wicked.
Hate to say it..
But I love a good storm.
Don't want to see anyone in harm's way, don't get me wrong.:praying:
Yes we shall have big post op parties and all will be well.:happydance:
Sooner mended, gently tended, pain is ended, life amended, Gad it's splendid!
Perfect!
 
Still thinking of you @Mojo333 as they have included Georgia in the wider path of storm areas now so you be careful and keep your head down!
But keep your party hat dry for the post-op hoe downs! (Isn't that what you southerners call parties??) :)
The September Sapphires are a wild bunch, who know how to give a good party....
 
Where's the 7?
I look forward to these you know.
Do we have to wrangle one up for you?
Hope you're doing okay...
@1stSurgery
 
[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery


SEVEN DAYS UNTIL MY SURGEON TURNS MAGICIAN & MAKES MY RIGHT (EVIL) HIP DISAPPEAR!

BUT, REALLY.... WHO'S COUNTING??
 
Sorry I was a little late getting 7 up @Layla! I almost fell asleep at normal time last night but then right hip did it again and kept me up till 4 am. She is incorrigible and will not let up so I'm becoming zombie like on these 3 hr naps. But it's ok, only 7 more days, otherwise known as ONE WEEK!!

@Alitm goes in tomorrow!! Wishing you the very best @Alitm and see you... You know...the other side.
 
Better late than never. I like it!
Heading under a week, the big day will be here in no time,
Hope you sleep well tonight!
@1stSurgery
 
[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

SIX DAYS UNTIL NO MORE GRASS GROWS UNDER MY FEET!

BUT THEN..... HONESTLY..... WHO'S COUNTING??
 
I have empathy for those who are recovering for sure...but I have true Sympathy for those suffering from bad hips. It's just awful..
Was for me.
So empathy and sympathy.
Glad it won't be long now.
Hang in there!
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom