THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Waiting for the big day when the evil twin is tamed and you are on the road to two hip recovery! It's almost there. I'll try to peak in on your party this weekend! I'm heading out on my first road trip to visit g-kids up north! I'm with Mojo in the talent category so if I access the site and can party with you, I'll offer a toast!
 
An open invitation to a September Sapphire Recovery party in my room.... oo far, we've got @SurreyGirl on the violin (good post-op pain accompaniment music).....
If anyone else has musical skills I'm sure @SurreyGirl would appreciate the opportunity for a post op jam. ....

I've lined up a band so @SurreyGirl can have a total break between sets. I believe--correct me if I'm wrong-- that @EL11 is a jazz singer; she will only be a couple days out of surgery, but as this is cyber-fluff, she should be good to go! Champagne on order.

Horse impressions and tap dances most welcome.
 
Thank you @Mojo333 and @luvsibes for sharing in my enthusiasm to see right evil twin being replaced. Lefty will be so very pleased! Has not been the best 45 days, well, 46 but who's counting,... But at last it's almost over. So hence the celebration.

Yes @Bevlah and @Bionic! A horse impression and a one legged tap dance will certainly liven up the party! Only question now is, with such an overflow of hippy talent, where to schedule everyone in the line up. Will leave that to @An54 event planner, who also has @EL11 doing post-op Jazz singing! I may need to contact Simon Cowell on this.

@luvsibes Enjoy your trip and visit with the grandkids up north and feel free to stop in to bid farewell to cranky right hip. In her defense....She has worked hard for me for all these years, I may have overworked her in fact... It was she that always got used in the high kicks, she led off all the climbs and she was the one I'd go to first in all the stretches and yoga poses. She had a full life! Or as my husband so eloquently put it....she's got a lot of mileage on her. And so after all those years of pushing her to the max, it's no wonder she got so rialed at having to bear the load during lefty's recovery. She must've felt I always liked him best. :)

Have a beautiful Monday in a beautiful week, hippies! :roseshwr:
 
I do a horse impression which always brightens up a dinner party? Neeeey it doesn't!!!!
I'm thinking you should maybe hook up with @Alitm - I'll just bet she also has some epic horse impressions, you could have a kind of horse-sounds duet...
Perfect ....sounds of nature for hip recovery! :horseriding:

Calling OS now with final questions and to ask about odds of a weekend release from hospital. I found some lovely friends with big tall cars as back up if it's a Sunday release. It's all coming together.
 
@1stSurgery SO glad you got some sleep. I have to tell you that the meditation really helped me pre-op, also I take magnesium every night for restless legs/leg cramps. When desperate I pull out the melatonin...sounds like you pulled out all the stops and it worked! YAY! Amazing how sleep helps one's emotional state too.
So thrilled that everything is coming together and that you will hopefully get a weekend release from hospital.
I'm sure @Bevlah and I could "whip up" an equine duet to serenade you with :) . Think soft hoof falls on damp earth, with gentle blowing out through the equine nose!
:flwrysmile:
 
Oooh, sounds divine @Alitm! "An Equine Duet". Yes, I will look forward to that and while still on pain meds ...who knows... I might even order a CD!

Good news, just spoke to OS office and they say odds are very good, barring any complications, that I will be a Saturday release, the day after surgery, like last time. They do weekend discharges same as weekdays. Saturday is perfect because I have a ride home with hubby! I was getting desperate trying to find friends in town with big cars. In the interim a friend surfaced offering to help out in recovery, she had multiple brain surgeries, all successful, and knows well the fears of post op being alone. So those next two weekends seem to be covered now.

And yes indeed sleep makes a huge difference! Can't believe it. Last night was same formula; 3M's: melatonin, magnesium and meditation. I have this 2 hr healing meditation with 2 versions. One has a male voice whispering and one a female, similar messages, 2 hr videos. I alternate. They both really help to fall asleep when the pain is preventing it.
 
@1stSurgery I left out the sound of manure plopping on the concrete barn aisle!!! :rotfl: Didn't think that would improve you pain levels!
So great you can be released on Saturday!! Yay! I'll be looking for you! I had really low blood pressure and also had to be on oxygen on Friday night for a bit and on Sat AM again for a couple of hours, but was still able to come home Sat afternoon, as all the numbers became acceptable again. My OS also said I "looked well" in myself.
Keep going with the 3 M's!!
 
Glad you got to come home so soon @Alitm - even with the BP etc. I think the low BP is very common after THR. I recall being awakened middle of the night at hospital last time with the machine beep beep beeping an alarm as my BP dropped. Wishing you continued icy smooth recovery! Work on that horsey duet in the meantime!

Surgeons office just said they will provide me pix of the femoral head and "intrasurgical" photos this time! Hope its not too gross. I think it would be a proper way to send her off, old righty, with a nice portrait and a party. Last hip, all I got from surgeon as a post-op assessment was... "You did great". Told them this time I'd like more info and Intel on what they found in there. In the case of righty, I'm a tad nervous what they'll find though. Maybe she has hoofs, I wouldn't be surprised.
 
What a relief! Though you're all very brave going home the next day. I was being all pathetic on the evening of my 3rd day saying I didn’t feel ready to go home! I also had oxygen the next day as I felt faint and sick when they got me out of bed to sit in the chair.Low blood pressure then? Consultant said I'd lost some blood though seemed unworried.
 
Hang in there. Friday will be here before you know it.
Happy to read you got some sleep. Hopefully tonight is a repeat performance.
Have a good one!
@1stSurgery
 
Low blood pressure seems to be par for the course. I don't know if that's from this op or just ops n general. I usually take a low dose of meds for high BP but they didn't give me my meds whilst in hospital because the reading was already low.
In fact I checked my BP at home and didn't take my usual tablets for 3 weeks

@bickypeg
Were you given blood during your op? I know they ordered in blood for me but told me It was'nt used.

@1stSurgery
Not long now....yippee
 
@1stSurgery Cloven for sure! Four more 3 M's and you are there! Share pix if you want! I'm intrigued! I was going to ask, but after all the pre-surgery changes it went right out of my head, along with everything else!
 
@Bionic no blood for me, although my sister who had her hip done privately in Spain (because of waiting list here) had a transfusion.
 
@1stSurgery I have a shower proof dressing, but don't have the energy yet to actually get in the shower. I've been using Dove for sensitive skin wipes and found them really pleasant. I think you used something else last time, but wanted to share.
 
FOUR MORE DAYS ...UNTIL CONSTRUCTION BEGINS.
BUT...WHO IS REALLY COUNTING? ...NOT ME!

[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery
​
 
Thanks @Alitm i still have a bunch left from left hip! Mine are large sized and have aloe and lanolin, very nice also. Made by Advocate. Think I got them online. I so love a shower, that's the hardest going without. But that first shower can be daunting. Be careful. This time I planned better and put all products and needed items on one high ledge all together. Before I had to walk around getting stuff high and low. We have a large walk in shower - I was holding on to the wall afraid of falling!!

Just got assigned some last minute work for tomorrow so I'm even more behind everything now. At least it won't involve much movement. Righty is a little better today after the 3Ms, but still a big pain. Need to do a test run of the ice machine as well. Excited to try that. Are you using one @Alitm?

Ok I'm off to get stuff done! Stay iced and rested, wishing you a good sleep!!
 
A bit late for you but I got a local handyman to fix 2 grab bars in the shower. I'm naturally clumsy and I cling onto them for dear life and soap with one hand and a long handled sponge. I long for a bath though...
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom