Guest viewing is limited

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

Aww, loved your Sunday post. What a great outing with a friend.
I'm excited for you to be like that toddler, having a fresh excitement in all with the second chance
you'll have. Coming soon!
Hugs and wishes for comfort as you wait.
@1stSurgery
 
@Bevlah ...you woke up?!? During surgery?! :yikes: Eeeeek. I had a most bizarre dream about a week into recovery with full sound effects and I think it may have been some kind of consciousness I had of what happened. It literally took my breath away and jarred me awake as I felt like I was going to die! But it was like a round blade spinning so fast and high pitched and .. Well...no need to confirm or deny, because I don't even want to know what all happens on that table until AFTER surgery #2 ---so don't tell me! Call me chicken. Scary dream though, and at the same time I felt myself floating almost into ether, bizarre feeling. And I was off meds by then!

Yes @Mojo333 its mechanics and carpentry and cement work and remodeling, construction, and a bit of artistry, some carving skills, some sewing, and then there's 'Vinnie' doing the leg yank and thrust...that's more wrestling. It is quite an affair that takes place whilst we sleep!

Thanks @Layla, my inner toddler is waiting to come out!
 
@1stSurgery I was actually woken up by the anaethatist because I stopped breathing. Probably a good call and I thank him but yes I won't go into details!!!! Apart from at one stage I was humming "if I had a hammer!"
 
Inner toddler is right...remember?
Post op
First steps
First poop in potty chair
First dressing all by yourself
First tying your own shoes
:giggle:
And yes...looking at the world finally again with anticipation of what is to come :yes!:
 
Oh the bliss of having painted toenails! Would it be too frivolous to go for a pedicure?
 
@bickypeg
Please check with your OS before doing so. There can be a risk of infection at nail salons.
If they nick you with the nail clippers, or if you have open skin it poses a danger. I've heard the tubs they soak your feet in are the biggest offender. They supposedly sanitize them but the germs / bacteria lies in the tubes that the water travels through to drain them. Try it yourself, you may be surprised. I sit at the kitchen table and put my feet on a small collapsible footstool. My op leg still puts up a little fuss, but I get it done!

Sorry for the derail @1stSurgery but it's info that many women will read.
Since I'm here, I'm nominating you for most entertaining female on BoneSmart currently. Love your posts, they always make me laugh!
Wishing you comfort today.
 
@Layla oh I got excited thinking about a pedicure, then you mentioned all that germ stuff eeeewww. I don't think I will ever have one again now!!!!
 
Check with your OS, all I'm saying.
I'm scared off for life unless they come up with something new.
My OS's PA (female) said "Stay Away". Individual decision though.
Never really frequented the salons anyway. They (workers) always speak to one another in a foreign language you don't know what they're saying and I find it rude.
@Bevlah

Okay @1stSurgery
Promise I won't derail again. Promise!
 
Yikes! I've never had one but it seemed a glamorous thing to do!And I fancied a bit of glamour... I'll stick with the chiropodist then! I did read that nail bars are often the front for all kinds of unpleasant things...do you remember when there was a fashion for having your feet nibbled by fish by the way? So revolting!
 
What's this?!

TOENAILS?!? :shrug:

Feet nibbled by fish?!? :hissy:

On a hip healing thread?! :doh:


OK that does it, I'm gonna have to call the BoneSmart Topic cops in here and get all of youz guys issued warning citations for talkin toenails and pedi's on the hip recovery board. And trust me, you do NOT want to be thrown in the BoneSmart clink. The hoosegow. They're brutal in there. I mean we all know the hip bone's connected to the thigh bone ...but that's a long stretch to be connected to the ....toenail polish. Yep. A clear violation of the law going on here.

Just kidding @Layla, I know there is a serious safety concern with post op pedi's. In fact, I'm surprised someone hasn't invented a super long arms length nail polish brush that you could use from a distance. You'd need a very steady hand though... could get messy. And now you've got me talkin' pedi's, breaking rules! :)

It's ok. Carry on. I've got nothing except....

15 DAYS!!

BUT WHOS COUNTING?? :dancy:
 
Last edited:
[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery
 
@1stSurgery I was actually woken up by the anaethatist because I stopped breathing. Probably a good call and I thank him but yes I won't go into details!!!! Apart from at one stage I was humming "if I had a hammer!"
Well I guess it's better YOU singing If I Had a Hammer than your surgeon! Wow, what a story. I have requested my same anesthesiologist / Somellier since he was so perfect last one. Told me what he was going to do then next thing I recall was my husband walking into recovery room taking a photo! Saw your last posts, sounds like you're really progressing fast with this one. Love that.
 
Thanks @An54! Good to see you. I'm pretty chill so far but there are a lot of preparations I'd forgotten beforehand. About to have a lovely Thai Salad for dinner but all in all...very happy to be at the 15 day mark at last. Soon I'll be wallowing in ice and careening my log leg around again with the blue forklift device. Oh boy...
 
@1stSurgery I did tell my anaethatist to knock me out like I was in a ring with Mike Tyson but he had other ideas. The funniest thing was at one stage he asked me if I was ok? Mmmm let me think one moment.......I can hear and feel the vibrations of the surgeon hammering my femur into place just behind that slinky curtain....seriously? Best prize "worlds stupidest question" goes to...... Anyway he gave me a sedative which sent me off again for a bit and then I woke up when I was being stapled. When they whipped the curtain back I thanked them all ha ha ha. Yes this recovery has been so much better. Walking around, albeit like a penguin, without any aids at home now. I think it's a number of reasons, better mind set, have stronger muscles due to physio before and my grandson. I am counting the days with you my friend to get this surgery Done and dusted. Then you can strengthen your muscles and get back to living your life pain free!!! We don't ask much do we? :shrug:
 
2 weeks, but who's counting?
I didn't see, hear, or feel a thing so...please don't worry.
Hope today is a good day.
14 days and you will really be on your way to getting well.
Double hippy happy!
 
Oh I was not intending for anyone to worry. I was woken up which is pretty RARE and to be honest I am pretty unlucky, so it was very me!!!! No need for anyone to panic who has been following this thread as everyone sleeps like a baby .:alarm::sleeep::sleep::zzz:
 
I was terrified beforehand. Lovely smiley female anaesthetist who explained everything, fast efficient staff getting me ready, vaguely conscious all the time but only of people chatting. Stuck finger in early briefly to drown them but didn't really mind as I was blissed out and continued so for several hours. Time was meaningless. Felt like 10 minutes. Don't know what it was-morphine based?- but it was lovely. Smiled and chatted to everyone in recovery and told consultant I felt fantastic!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom