Guest viewing is limited

THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

@Alitm- so glad the yoga nidra was helpful!! <3 Breathing exercises helped me the day of surgery when I was getting prepped fyi.... @An54 thanks for the collagen powder reminder!! I gotta get back on that!
 
@stellaluna I had a surgery @MGH in Boston some years ago, and was wheeled to my OR from pre-op, and was parked and left outside of my OR!! I was a tad freaked out. I remember watching OR personnel walking up and down the hallway outside of the theatres. It was a crazy experience. I used the breathing then as well.... so was going to do in pre-op this time. An amazing tool I had put on the back burner. Thank you again for the reminder, for stress, sleep and restorative rest:)
 
Last edited:
Wishing you comfort on this long holiday weekend.
The clock is ticking, you've made it to September. The finish line is in sight.
Big hugs to you.
@1stSurgery
 
@Alitm glad to hear you didn't have to have the contrast dyes! And that the yoga nidra was so helpful. I can definitely see the value of it with all things surgical. And in general. I use combinations of meditations as well and can't imagine why anyone doing surgery wouldn't. And Yes, we can heal and moan together in September / October. You're doing the double whammy ...so I will defer to your moans!!

@Layla thank you, and oh yeah, the countdown is finally looking to be close now.
19 DAYS
BUT ...WHOS COUNTING?
Ordering the Ossur cold rush machine so many here have enjoyed over ice packs. Seems the right hip pad is about as hard to find as a Condor so I'm going with the left one, everyone says it's almost identical. Made the HoneyDo list for hubby since most of my to do list is hard without walking. So odd to have a lifetime nearly devoid of any pain, certainly of any chronic pain....and then to spend this past year immersed in it. Like I saved up my entire lifetime pain quotient for an all at once pain time. Pain is an educator if we listen. And certainly humbling. Finish line...here I come!!
 
---and I just wanted to thank BoneSmart advisors and members again ...for all the help and caring they've shown and continue to show to us achey nervous worried sleepless frozen-hipped hapless hippies during our long recovery journeys!!
Your support has been priceless. :roseshwr:
 
Thank you on behalf of BoneSmart. I'll share your kind words behind the scenes.
It's our pleasure to help where we're able. We've been there, we get it, as do the multitude of members who support others pre-surgery as well as post op. It's what makes BoneSmart great. People helping people.
Your posts have brought joy to many. A pleasant diversion in the midst of the trials of recovery.
Thanks for being a part of the forum.
@1stSurgery
 
We will celebrate and moan together @1stSurgery....almost 2nd!! :flwrysmile: You go right ahead and moan loud and clear...no deferring! Pain is pain, mobility is mobility, constipation is constipation!! LOL...Did I cover everything?! :heehee:

Great that you purchased the ice machine:ice: I had an interesting conversation with the gal at the pharmacy that carries the ice machines here. She has had TKR. The machine here doesn't have the capacity to do both hips at once. We were looking at the pads, and we really couldn't see a big difference between left and right. I didn't want to purchase both if I couldn't use at the same time. Ended up purchasing the right, as it is my right hip that appears to be the worst at the moment. Will do ice packs on the other side, and then swap!
P.S. My naturopathic doctor sent me an email to suggest starting collagen now, and bone broth....were you on that thread with @An54 ? I'm sure you were...sometimes things are all a blur at the end of the day! Wanted to share that with you:)
 
Your next surgery is coming up soon. I will be thinking of you and sending good vibes and healing energy. You have done well with 1st surgery it seems. It's been de-mystified now so should be a bit easier in that area. I'll be following you through this next journey.:flwrysmile:
 
Do a write-up on the Ossur when you try it out! I found one on Craigslist sans pad, so now I'm trying to find a used hip pad, and nada. Is that a sanitation thing? Hip cooties?


[Bonesmart.org] 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery
 
Thank you @Layla! Very swee of you and I've enjoyed being a diversion...(been diverting most of my life in fact...) :)

@Alitm OK then we will have dual moanfests after our surgeries and compare our icing methods!

@luvsibes Good to see you! How's yours going? I've not been thread hopping as much lately and missed so much. Thank you for the good healing vibes, I will take them and use them well! Hope you're walking that doggie sometimes now.

@Bone-obo Thank you for that BIG 18 reminding me of the countdown of days!! That doesn't sound bad at all! I will let you know how the Ossur machine is but I don't recommend buying a used hip pad. Not because of cooties (well maybe a few...) but I heard there can be mold issues if they're not cleaned thoroughly between uses. Not sure how mold mixes with titanium but sounds bad. Maybe you could just use the cold rush machine to make iced cocktails for party guests? The pads alone are really expensive though, aren't they? Especially right ones.up to $100. Maybe that goes with my theory of right hips being the evil ones so the pads are extra thick to prevent all that wickedness from escaping....
 
This Sunday's nature outing. In an every weekend attempt to get out in nature and replenish my microbiome, today my girlfriend took me first to a little known street in the middle of town, stuck between streets lined with upscale typical suburban homes, but this little street....is zoned for horses. It's a bumpy half dirt lane with stalls up front at each residence, so you can drive by and talk to the horses from the car, which always calms me. There is a small riding school on the street as well and all the homeowners have horses. It's framed by massive towering oak and sycamore trees and smells like.... Well, horses and nature! So we chatted with the horseys for about 20 minutes, then went to a nearby park with a lake with the most spectacular gardens, so beautiful! Swans swimming in the lake. We walked a short way to sit on a bench and watch people and the waterfalls into the lake. Then to finish it off, we drove to Malibu, parked right above the beach and sat in the car listening to wave crashes and watching all the Labor Day beach-goers. It was a lovely day taking in so much natural beauty.

The walk at the lake had a small up / down slope to navigate in the dirt with my trusty cane but it was fine. We slipped off our shoes there, and sank our feet into the earth...again, just being good to the microbiome. (They are so neglected!!) I watched a little toddler, so excited about running, she ran back and forth to her mom with her arms up as if there was no more blissful thing in the entire universe. I related. I will be that toddler soon, maybe in a few more months. Giggling, running back and forth back and forth....just because I can. :)
 
Ordering the Ossur cold rush machine so many here have enjoyed over ice packs. Seems the right hip pad is about as hard to find as a Condor so I'm going with the left one, everyone says it's almost identical. Made the HoneyDo list for hubby since most of my to do list is hard without walking. So odd to have a lifetime nearly devoid of any pain, certainly of any chronic pain....and then to spend this past year immersed in it. Like I saved up my entire lifetime pain quotient for an all at once pain time. Pain is an educator if we listen. And certainly humbling. Finish line...here I come!!

I was able to find the right hip pad at Source Ortho, but it really doesn't matter as the configuration changes depending on which direction you run the supply hose. I found that in the early days I was also using it on my thigh, knee, calf and ankle to control the swelling as it migrated... The Ossur was an absolute Godsend, highly recommended, but you can save money by buying the unit with the universal pad, it's almost 50bucks cheaper than getting the joint specific combination.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@1stSurgery your outing sounds great! Yes, soon you will be back to your active self. Just take this time to heal and get that hip settled.
 
Yay for getting out and getting some Nature.
Double hippy coming right up.:yes!:

I'm sure you feel anxious but last one, and all done!
Then a life with good hips!:egypdance:
Hope today is a good day!
 
Thanks @Jaycey & @Mojo333! Almost there!
And @Rascali thank you also but the Ossur is already on order with the hip pad. Anxious to use it after doing left hip with 4 types of ice gel packs and having hubby run up and down stairs all day with them.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom